PDA

View Full Version : Cardiomyopathy

rockrat
07-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Just wondering who here might have expreience with this and any other helpful hints. PM me if you don't want to discuss on an open forum

osteodoc08
07-21-2019, 08:35 PM
What type of cardiomyopathy? There are several types. Pregnancy related, drug related, alcohol related, ischemic, nonischemic, dilated.......

rockrat
07-21-2019, 11:21 PM
Will find out later. Not preganacy, drug or alcohol related. Possible illness (bronchitis recently). Had cardiac stress test 3 mo. ago and things were fine.

dangitgriff
07-21-2019, 11:52 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiomyopathy
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190722/8c82dd431a0a79a3dfccb049ba617097.jpg

lead-1
07-22-2019, 01:55 AM
rockrat, I will try to answer anything I can.
I have cardiomyopathy congestive heart failure, an enlarged heart that was only pumping at 10% ejection fraction in 2004. I have been on disability since then and can say that if The Good Lord hadn't put my group of doctors in my path I probably wouldn't be here.
I take several pills per day and had a pacer/defibrillator put in back in 2004, I just had a new battery replacement done in January this year, actually they unplug the wires and replace the whole unit. This is my third unit, they are lasting me 7 to 7 1/2 years.
I was told that there was many possible reasons for me to get this, I had very bad Bronchitis a couple years prior to the diagnosis, I had blood poison that almost cost me a lower leg, some badly abscessed molars and sleep apnea, none of the Drs. offered to nail it down.
I was working seven days a week and 10-12 days and was so tired I could barely get home after work so I went to the Dr and here I am. I am starting to slow down again but I need to force myself to get busy again riding my bike or walking but I have a knee that needs replaced and that starts throbbing and slows me down. Also, I had a stress test and total going over at Cleveland Clinic and passed the test with flying colors, but I had a couple months to rest and get used to my meds before the tests, after the results were in I had seen five Drs. total and they still wouldn't release me to go back to work. I didn't ask for this darned disease so I just try to make the best of it. Here is the last defibrillator that was replaced, that is another story, lol.