PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!

georgerkahn
06-16-2019, 08:37 AM
My best accomplishment has indeed been both my sons, who :) remembered to wish me the best on this "Hallmark Holiday"! Weather permitting, plans include grilling outdoors today, and best wishes to ALL the dads on this site.

For those who want easy-grilling, I was sent a photo of persons who no longer need to go out to do their grilling.. I do hope, indeed, that the siding is asbestos -- rather than, say, vinyl or wood :).243686

BEST!
geo

6bg6ga
06-16-2019, 09:28 AM
I would also be worrying about the soffit and the shingles/roof. Its better in the long run to simply go outside to grill. The picture reminds me of a home that burned down because someone was grilling on the deck. They got the fire stopped about at the halfway part of the house. Some cities have fire codes against grilling on your deck. They would get a thrill out of that picture.

lightman
06-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all of you guys too!

tinsnips
06-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Happy Fathers Day

WILCO
06-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Happy Father's Day to all.

Daver7
06-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Enjoy your fathers while you can, mine passed 4 years ago on fathers day

JBinMN
06-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Happy Dads Day!
:drinks:

:)

Idaho45guy
06-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Happy Father's Day!

I've got two kids and three grand-kids. Unfortunately, my daughter and grand kids are in Japan and my son is 300 miles away in Seattle. Working today anyway.

Went ATVing on Friday with friends and fishing with my girlfriend yesterday, so I celebrated.

Bought my stepdad a bottle of highly recommended whiskey made by combat vets and supporters of the 2nd amendment...

Goatwhiskers
06-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Children are the greatest blessing God can bestow. GW

werewolfk501
06-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Happy Father's Day!

I've got two kids and three grand-kids. Unfortunately, my daughter and grand kids are in Japan and my son is 300 miles away in Seattle. Working today anyway.

Went ATVing on Friday with friends and fishing with my girlfriend yesterday, so I celebrated.

Bought my stepdad a bottle of highly recommended whiskey made by combat vets and supporters of the 2nd amendment...

Any Web site of this whiskey???
Where can i find it?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reverend Al
06-16-2019, 02:49 PM
I lost my Dad over 20 years ago and I have always regretted that I didn't tell him more often how much I really loved and appreciated him. We didn't really see eye to eye on a lot of things when I was younger, but I was a bit of a "wild child" so I definitely blame myself rather than him for that. Thank goodness we came to terms when I got a bit older and enjoyed a great relationship in his later years after we BOTH "grew up" a little bit. (LOL) He worked hard all his life and did his best to keep up with two slightly rebellious sons and an equally hard working and dedicated wife, and he did a great job in my humble opinion. He came to Canada from England as a very young man to start a brand new life on his own, and since he had some agricultural training in England before he left he worked for several years in the fruit orchards of the Okanagan here in BC before settling in Victoria. He was often given the job of being the "camp cook" working in the cook shack to feed the migrant orchard workers. (In the photo below he is holding a plate of freshly made donuts and a pie that he had just cooked up for the orchard crew.) Maybe he is the reason I get a lot of enjoyment out of cooking and baking.

Thanks for everything you did for the entire family Dad ... and I think of you often and miss you ...

https://i.imgur.com/zSBOm89.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MqfrjSU.jpg

Idaho45guy
06-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Any Web site of this whiskey???
Where can i find it?

https://leadslingerswhiskey.com/

werewolfk501
06-16-2019, 02:54 PM
[emoji1303]

Harter66
06-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Available in a dozen stores within a 100 mi of me !

Happy father's day gentlemen .

nueces5
06-16-2019, 04:29 PM
Happy Father's Day to all.

woodbutcher
06-16-2019, 05:19 PM
:D Happy Fathers Day to all.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

metricmonkeywrench
06-16-2019, 07:09 PM
The Boys and grandkids came by I’m suitably Brewed and Q’d. Better half had everything set for u s Dads.

BigAlofPa.
06-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Thank you and happy fathers day. And may we have many more blessed days.