PDA

View Full Version : The "Turner Diaries"

Jim
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM
deleted

The Double D
10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes, right after it was cited as Timothy McVeigh's manifiesto, I tried to read it. I got about half through before I tossed it out as sophmoric trash. It was obviously written by an extreme right wing whacko and nothing but fear mongering garbage.

10-x
10-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Jim,
Way back when the book came out I read it and IIRC there were more?, been 25+ years ago?
I bet there will be the likes of the old Tarzan movies from next Tuesady night on and on..........
Why the hell did Lincoln have to get shot..........he was going to send them all back where they came from:drinks:

waksupi
10-25-2008, 11:16 PM
I read it years ago, thought it was one of the most poorly written pieces of crap I had ever wasted time on.

leftiye
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
That's what youse guys get for being informed! I never heard of it.

Shiloh
10-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I read it years ago, thought it was one of the most poorly written pieces of crap I had ever wasted time on.

Yup,

Written by a whack job at a 6th grade education level.:roll:

Shiloh

James C. Snodgrass
10-26-2008, 03:17 PM
+1 On Double D

TAWILDCATT
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I have the book and read it all.It seems to be a book aimed the seperationists,arian nation type.I wrote the distributers and suggested it was trash.
BUT some things are right on and the national ID card is one.with the development of the computer it is feasable to do what was being written.
I personally like the writings of WILLIAMS W JOHNSTONE in the ASHES series.he also writes westerns and mountain man books. PINNACLE BOOKS sold in WAL_MART.:coffee:[smilie=1:

Old Ironsights
10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I had forgotten I read that book when it first came out. A friend of mine reminded me of it this evening. Any of y'all ever read it?

When I lived in Spokane and was active in making trouble for the Aryan Nations (next door in Hayden Lake) it was "required" reading... so we could talk (un)intelligently with the jackboot morons we were trying to get dirt on.

Absolute drek. Butler's Bozos loved it though...:roll:

Char-Gar
10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
If you loved Mein Kampf, the Turner Diaries is a must read. Otherwise it is racist crapola!

jimkim
10-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I never made it through the whole thing. I do find it odd that the extreme left and extreme right now embrace the same tactics. I think Atlas Shrugged is much more relevant to today's political climate.

Old Ironsights
10-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I never made it through the whole thing. I do find it odd that the extreme left and extreme right now embrace the same tactics. I think Atlas Shrugged is much more relevant to today's political climate.

:drinks:

Leonard Peikoff's "Ominous Paralells" is good too...

Boerrancher
10-27-2008, 07:51 PM
If you loved Mein Kampf, the Turner Diaries is a must read. Otherwise it is racist crapola!

While attending a school for the Army, Mein Kampf was one of the books on the required reading list. After I finished reading it I thought, "WOW! If an American Politician was to take this and remove the racial crap from it, and spew it to the American people, that politician would be treated like the messiah." Having read Mein Kampf, and listened to Obama's speeches I was right. The American people are eating it up, and treating him just like the messiah.

Sorry to stray from the original intent of the post but the statement about Mien Kamph caused cobwebs to clear for a moment in the old brain, and I remembered where I had come across some of the ideas that B.H.O. is touting.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Ivantherussian03
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I believe the Turner Diaries are not in the same league as the Mein Kamf by Hitler, or the Communist Manifesto by karl Marx, or similiar books by Vladimir Lenin. I say they are not in the same league because nothing has happened with the Turner Diaries. The Turner Diary is what it is--!8@&. I actually read my Karl Marx, and liked it :-) but name is Ivan :mrgreen:

jimkim
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
While attending a school for the Army, Mein Kampf was one of the books on the required reading list. After I finished reading it I thought, "WOW! If an American Politician was to take this and remove the racial crap from it, and spew it to the American people, that politician would be treated like the messiah." Having read Mein Kampf, and listened to Obama's speeches I was right. The American people are eating it up, and treating him just like the messiah.

Sorry to stray from the original intent of the post but the statement about Mien Kamph caused cobwebs to clear for a moment in the old brain, and I remembered where I had come across some of the ideas that B.H.O. is touting.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

OMG You sound like me. IMHO he is a cross between Huey Long and Benito Mussolini. He is a megalomaniac and nobody seems to notice. It is very frustrating.

EDK
10-28-2008, 02:23 AM
I have the book and read it all.It seems to be a book aimed the seperationists,arian nation type.I wrote the distributers and suggested it was trash.
BUT some things are right on and the national ID card is one.with the development of the computer it is feasable to do what was being written.
I personally like the writings of WILLIAMS W JOHNSTONE in the ASHES series.he also writes westerns and mountain man books. PINNACLE BOOKS sold in WAL_MART.:coffee:[smilie=1:

I like Johnstone's books too. Only problems are he needs to get some better reference books on firearms; he's recycling some scenes in the books; AND WORST OF ALL, he writes so d--- many of them, even at Walmart discount prices!

It's interesting when he mentions small towns that exist, but are obscure to a lot of people. I'm curious how he does that....one of a lot of questions I'd ask him if I ever get to meet him.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

monadnock#5
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
The History Channel has done series on organized crime, gangs, skinhead/neo nazi... In the skinhead series a reporter attempted to have the author of the Turner Diaries tell the audience what he really meant when he wrote the book. "It's just a story, for entertainment purposes only". I don't know why anyone would read his junk, when he obviously lacks the courage of his own convictions. I wouldn't contribute one cent to his royalty check or his cause. Imagine Hitler testifying at his war crimes trial "it was just a story, doesn't mean anything, for entertainment purposes only!".

Years ago I watched a movie titled The Blue Wave. It was a made for TV movie, for the after school crowd and purported to be absolutely true. In it, a teacher, using Hitlerian indoctrination procedures, convinced his HS age overachievers that they were the Master Race. Very, very scary stuff.

wiljen
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Jim,
Way back when the book came out I read it and IIRC there were more?, been 25+ years ago?
I bet there will be the likes of the old Tarzan movies from next Tuesady night on and on..........
Why the hell did Lincoln have to get shot..........he was going to send them all back where they came from:drinks:

I think it a tad ridiculous to believe that with all the modern forms of transportation, "They" wouldn't have found their way here by now and I for one am glad for "their" presence here. "They" have contributed in major ways to the advancement of science and fought beside "us".

The first scientific blood transfusions were made possible by Charles Drew, the first war ships were powered by an engine designed by Benjamin Bradley, the gas mask that saved many of our troops in WWI was invented by Garrett Morgan, and more recently the basic bus design of personal computers was invented by Mark Dean.

I served beside "them" and work beside "them". Matter of fact, outside this writing I consider "them" to be just another part of us.

I find any form of bigotry to be the product of a narrow mind. Try to make your decisions about individuals instead of groups, yes it requires more effort, but it is the same courtesy you would expect extended to you.

Bret4207
10-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Who was the guy that preceded Marx? I keep thinking he was English. I read a bit of his writing and a little of Marx, no more than part of a chapter, and I've read part of Mein Kampf. All seemed intent of finding a scapegoat to vent their frustrations on and as a reason to take over a gov't, and to use violence to get their way. When you read the writings of the Founders of this country you get impression most of them were genuinely sorry the King wouldn't see their plight. I think that's the difference.

Scrounger
10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Engels, 19th century England

10-x
10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Wiljin,
You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
I have, and have had many "black " friends, it's the others that cause the problems.
I see no difference between blacks and whites, there are sorry whites and sorry blacks.
On the other hand, I have not seen thousands of whites , burning, looting and using the "crutch' of slavery for years and years.
There were hundreds of thousands of white indentured servants(slaves) in this country during Colonial times.
Hell , I feel sorry for the American Indians.
As for the blacks, the arabs and their fellow blacks sold them as slaves to the Dutch way back, dont blame us now.
nuf sed.:Fire:

fireflyfather
11-16-2008, 11:06 PM
The royalty rights of this book are no longer vested with the author. The current owner publishes it in order to help other people understand just how sick the white supremacists are. The proceeds from its sale go to anti-hate groups. If memory serves, the author was actually tenured faculty at a university. This is second hand, but came from a number of students taking masters courses on the writings of hate groups at the SDSU English Dept.

OeldeWolf
11-17-2008, 11:44 PM
If you want to read another set of books that sounds a lot like Mein Kampf, read the books by Malcolm X. I know BHO has read them, because he lists the guy as one of his role models.

I read a few of them at the request of a black fellow employee years ago.

fireflyfather
11-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Were those books he wrote BEFORE, or AFTER he went to Mecca and revisited his previous stance on race politics? Like Obama or not, there's a reason a lot of people look up to Malcolm X. I can't say I'm one of them, since I don't have enough data to form a good conclusion, but the info I have suggests that he recanted the worst parts of his racial separatist beliefs. Some people believe that this was part of why he was assassinated.

The author of the Turner diaries, however, does not seem to be the slightest bit repentant, just a sleaze-ball without the courage of conviction.

Utter trash.

OeldeWolf
11-18-2008, 11:20 PM
firefly, I read them about 1979 or 80, read all but the last one as of that date. He may have softened his stance later, but I understand his earlier books are still out there, and read avidly by certain groups.

BRYAN
11-20-2008, 08:41 AM
A well meaning friend lent me his copy of the turner diaries and I only made a few chapters before I told him it was a bit radical for me. He accepted them back with a smile and we remained friends for years, but agreed to avoid certain topics. I believed then and now that he used the book to find out how receptive people were to the message for recruiting purposes.