PDA

View Full Version : A petition to President Trump, DO NOT BAN SUPPRESSORS

JBinMN
06-08-2019, 01:48 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-do-not-ban-suppressors

President Trump, DO NOT BAN SUPPRESSORS
Created by T.K. on June 05, 2019

Firearm Suppressors are an important health device which slightly lower the sound report of a firearm to save the shooter from hearing damage. Suppressors are used across the board for new shooters, experienced hunters, police and military.

Sound suppressors are not evil nor are they extra deadly. In fact firearm suppressors, sometimes incorrectly referred to as "silencers", are almost never used in crime. With over 1.3 million sound suppression devices legally owned in the United States, on average only 40 crimes per year are committed with these devices.

Firearm Suppressors are not like in the movies. Firearm Suppressors do not silence. Accessories are Arms, and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed!

----------------------------------------------------
Folks,

I signed that petition & urge all of you to do so well.

Here is the link again.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-do-not-ban-suppressors

You must verify your email address to have your signature to the petition be recognized as legitimate. It is a simple as clicking on the link when you get the email asking for your confirmation of signing the permission.

As of this topic posting there are 10,585 that have signed, & confirmed. The petition needs 89,415 signatures by July 5, 2019. ( The day after our Independence Day, on July 4th, 2019.)

What a fitting time to have the President be notified that there are many folks who do not want to see suppressors banned, or restricted even more. Those sort of things are "infringements", and "We, the People", sometimes need to remind the folks in Washington what we want.

This petition is just one way to let them know.

Once again I urge you to sign & confirm your signature,

Please click & sign. It takes maybe a minute, at the most 2 if the internet is slow at the time.

----------------

Folks, please read the below request to the Mods, & keep any political comments out of this topic so it is not relegated to the "Pit".. It will make it easier to be seen by the other members, and will help to get the word out to Support this Pro 2A effort!

Thanks!

Moderators,

I put this in this petition topic in the Our Town forum to try to get it seen by as many folks as possibly here at CB.GL forum, rather than in the "Pit" where it may not be seen be folks who do not look at topics & posts there. I felt it was important to be seen by this community. I hope you will think the same & leave it in the Our Town forum. Or, if moving is a necessity, perhaps to a forum where it will still be seen by the members here.

If someone takes a "political bent" in the topic, please edit/remove the posts of the one who makes this a political issue, rather than a 2A Supporting issue.

Thanks!, if that can be done.

JB

ETA: A Thanks! should go to the CB.GL forum member, oftig, who was how I found out about this petition.
;)

JBinMN
06-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Current update 2:26 PM (14:26) , Sat. June 2019.

11,031 signed & confirmed,

88,969 to go!

Please take the minute or so to advance the petition to the White House to help show our support!
:)

BigAlofPa.
06-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Done! :D

RedlegEd
06-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Me too! Ed

redhawk0
06-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Done

redhawk

UKShootist
06-08-2019, 05:12 PM
FWIW, in the UK, one of the most heavily regulated countries in the world when it comes to ownership of firearms, the possession of sound moderators, silencers if you prefer, are almost routine here among firearms owners. If we aren't too bothered about them I can't see why a country where, by comparison, you can have pretty much anything ought be bothered about them at all.

Hossfly
06-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Done 20 seconds on I pad with slow DSL.

WheelgunConvert
06-08-2019, 09:02 PM
+1 more

Pete44mag
06-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Signed, sealed,delivered.

JBinMN
06-08-2019, 11:56 PM
Thanks to all who have taken the time to go sign & get confirmation!

I see that there are close to 200 views so far.

I hope most of those folks who took the time to look, also took the small amount of time it would take to sign the petition & get their email confirmed.

It is just a small gesture to do something to show support for the 2nd Amendment & our US Constitution.

Each one of those signatures & confirmations help reach the goal.

Perhaps, if you also have the time.. Please take the time to contact & share the link with others you know.

That also will help us all out even more.

Just copy & paste the link to them & ask for them to support. It is really easy to do.

I will post the link to the petition here once again for folks to use it to help spread the word to other Americans.

Thanks again, and if anyone would like some help in passing on the link, like a "form letter" to send with it, or something like that, just ask.

I will certainly do my best to help out & I am sure there are others who would do the same, just like the ones who have posted here in this topic already about their signing & confirmation.

sigep1764
06-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Signed and confirmed even though I own zero suppressors. I aspire to own one in the future and do not want to infringe on the rights of others who already enjoy them.

LynC2
06-09-2019, 12:23 AM
I signed it earlier today. I don't have a suppressor, doubt I ever will considering most of my shooting is low velocity and black powder. However I support this cause.

tunnug
06-09-2019, 12:32 AM
Did and Done.

coloraydo
06-09-2019, 01:21 AM
Done.

Mr_Sheesh
06-09-2019, 01:23 AM
Did it too.

I've considered starting a petition on there about ordering the FBI to split the FBI UCR question on whether the victim & attacker knew each other or not in two - split it into "Was this a criminal shooting another criminal? If no, did the victim know the attacker?" That question misleads and is misused by Antis, as most LEOs will figure they knew each other in criminal-related shootings, and those get thrown into the same category as "Did your neighbor shoot your other neighbor" category, and then misused by Antis to imply that we shoot each other often. Nope, criminals do though...

I liked the "repeal the NFA" petition as well, what part of "infringe" is unclear?

Catshooter
06-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Done.

Cat

am44mag
06-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Signed, thank you for posting this!

AllanD
06-09-2019, 02:14 AM
Done!

JBinMN
06-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Signed and confirmed even though I own zero suppressors. I aspire to own one in the future and do not want to infringe on the rights of others who already enjoy them.

I signed it earlier today. I don't have a suppressor, doubt I ever will considering most of my shooting is low velocity and black powder. However I support this cause.

I do not own any Suppressors either. I just want to make at least a little attempt like signing this petition to do "something" before the ATF does "something" to take them away. I don't like, "infringements" of any kind to the 2A.

I think if folks can get "the ear of the President", by at least trying this petition, it is better than not doing a thing & then complaining later.

Thanks to all who have signed & confirmed~!

JBinMN
06-09-2019, 06:54 AM
Did it too.

I've considered starting a petition on there about ordering the FBI to split the FBI UCR question on whether the victim & attacker knew each other or not in two - split it into "Was this a criminal shooting another criminal? If no, did the victim know the attacker?" That question misleads and is misused by Antis, as most LEOs will figure they knew each other in criminal-related shootings, and those get thrown into the same category as "Did your neighbor shoot your other neighbor" category, and then misused by Antis to imply that we shoot each other often. Nope, criminals do though...

I liked the "repeal the NFA" petition as well, what part of "infringe" is unclear?

I liked that one to & also signed it. 303,092 sign & only 100k was needed to get it seen.

It was just after the "transition" between the two Prez Admins & the inauguration. Possibly, it may have been "shuffled" into the wrong pile on someones desk, so we have seen no action yet. Congress has to do their part to change that NFA Act. so while that petition to Repeal the NFA may have made it all the way to the Presidents desk. It also may not have been prioritized like the folks who signed it would like, but perhaps it may get moved up in the lineup after some other things have been accomplished.

With this particular petition about the Suppressors, I think we are attempting to get it known to the President that as we come into a new presidential election cycle, there are a lot of us that want to stop such infringements & he ought to pay attention to us.
;)

6bg6ga
06-09-2019, 07:03 AM
signed and confirmed

MrWolf
06-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Yup. Signed and confirmed yesterday.

Elkins45
06-09-2019, 12:48 PM
I signed it. Can’t hurt.

SSGOldfart
06-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Done;-)

1911sw45
06-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Wife and I signed the petition.

11,629 signed

eveready
06-09-2019, 02:51 PM
I tried to sign but my cable co. (RCN) is anti gun and will not let me have access,gives me a 404 not found. I have my two brothers trying to sign. They are with different companies in different areas.

Geezer in NH
06-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Done!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynC2
06-09-2019, 03:33 PM
I do not own any Suppressors either. I just want to make at least a little attempt like signing this petition to do "something" before the ATF does "something" to take them away. I don't like, "infringements" of any kind to the 2A.

I think if folks can get "the ear of the President", by at least trying this petition, it is better than not doing a thing & then complaining later.

Thanks to all who have signed & confirmed~!

+ 1000, I totally agree! We all need to stick together on our 2nd Amendment rights. Why is it in Europe a suppressor is encouraged as a good sportsman and we restrict it?

Bigslug
06-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Suppressor petition: DONE

NFA petition: DONE

Additionally guys, now is the time for your emails to the White House. We're all probably a bit concerned over recent talk of bump stock and suppressor regulation. It's worth remembering that while D.T. has been cozy with the NRA and has been making mostly the right noises, it's these noises of possible 2A compromise that indicate he's a New Yorker who doesn't fully get it. It's worth some time to politely give him some clarity on these issues well in advance of election season (Just did that). There's a big difference between creating an enthusiastic voter who will actively drum up support and one who reluctantly goes to the polls to vote AGAINST the lesser of two evils (traditionally, ME).

I'm hoping we can hand the Dems another Reagan/Mondale level azzwhuppin this time around.

swheeler
06-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Signed and verified

JBinMN
06-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Since around 10 PM ( 2200) today( 9, June, 2019) I have not been able to go on to that webpage & have been getting a , "404- Page Not Found" page.

I am not sure why the page keeps getting the "404- Page Not Found", but it seems a bit suspicious to me. It worked for the last few days, and now I am getting the 404 over & over.
:???:

I have run multiple searches and even double checked the search engines & they are working properly to locate other petitions on that that website.

I am concerned now that the "suppressors" petition was somehow removed...
( or "hidden")

as well as wondering, "Why??", and "By Whom??"...

I am using the same link as before:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...an-suppressors

Mr_Sheesh
06-10-2019, 03:51 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...an-suppressors fails
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-do-not-ban-suppressors works though? Weird

It almost looks as if someone deleted the first petition or something? Shouldn't happen though...

trapper9260
06-10-2019, 05:32 AM
Done it . There is 12,174 on it now.

JBinMN
06-10-2019, 07:28 AM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...an-suppressors fails
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-do-not-ban-suppressors works though? Weird

It almost looks as if someone deleted the first petition or something? Shouldn't happen though...

I do not know why it is doing that, but I went back & fixed the links in the OP & the later one with the link to see if that helps. I will check them later. This is very strange to me & I wonder if what you suggest about changing or replacing the link was done for some reasons as well. It may be the possible reason.

I dunno.
:???:

Thanks for your discovery though. I certainly missed, that since was the same link I posted over & over before, was the same one when I posted them.

MrWolf
06-10-2019, 07:29 AM

I happened to have mine still up. Here is where the petition works for me.

shdwlkr
06-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Done, time to standup for what we the people want not some idiot that wants to send us back to the dark ages

Smoke4320
06-11-2019, 04:17 PM
added my name

Shawlerbrook
06-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Signed and confirmed !

JBinMN
06-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Thanks! to all who have joined in to try to make a difference!

woodbutcher
06-13-2019, 07:00 PM
:grin: Me too.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

adcoch1
06-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Done, thanks for posting...

JBinMN
06-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Thanks! Woodbutcher/Leo!

& to you also, adcoch1!

:drinks:

Smoke4320
06-13-2019, 07:49 PM
If a shooter ever needed a " Me Too" moment this is it :)

dverna
06-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Done.

Stephen Cohen
06-13-2019, 08:37 PM
As I am from a firearm oppressed country I urge all of you to take the time or you may end up as we in this country are, Suppressors are banned here as are many firearms. I would even sign myself if it would be of any help. Regards Stephen

skeettx
06-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Done,
Thank you

JBinMN
06-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Thanks to all who have posted, & have signed & confirmed!

Current update:
Needs 85,755 signatures by July 5, 2019

14,245 signed out of a 100,000 goal

This petition is moving slower than I expected. I reckon there are a lot of folks who just don't give a doggone about suppressors as an accessory.

Even though I do not own one, I signed & confirmed for more than one reason. One is that I don't like infringements to our Right to Bear Arms or any Right. Another is that if I were to get another accessory for a firearm it would likely be a suppressor. I don't have a "need", but I like that the option is there if it were to be allowed without the "sheshul" paperwork to do so & a fee/tax. It won't be there if they get banned completely.

BTW... IMO, The apathy of those who don't have suppressors, don't see a need for one, and the like, parallels those other firearms owners who don't care about firearms & the owners of such firearms since they don't use them. You know what I am talking about... I do not want to go "political" so I will not use the label for them here.
There is a message to them in my Sig. file below though.
;)

We all need to demonstrate some sort of "stand" & as long as we do not, the Anti 2A folks will keep on gun-grabbing, bit by bit , until there is nothing left & no one left to fight for your Rights.

It only takes a short bit of time to do it. Please check it out.

>>> https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/president-trump-do-not-ban-suppressors <<<

JSnover
06-16-2019, 01:10 PM
Done!
Also posted the link elsewhere to maybe speed things up.

JBinMN
06-17-2019, 05:57 AM
Done!
Also posted the link elsewhere to maybe speed things up.

Thanks!

Brasso
06-17-2019, 06:05 AM
Done.

David2011
06-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Done, disappointed that the response is so poor. More fodder for the dims to resist.

JBinMN
06-17-2019, 07:57 PM
Thanks! to both you folks for taking the time.

Every little bit helps.
;)

:drinks:

sw282
07-07-2019, 05:21 AM
Looks like this petition didn't get but app 16,000 signatures... Sad

Three44s
07-07-2019, 05:36 AM
I did my part back then.

Three44s

JBinMN
07-07-2019, 09:01 AM
I did my part back then.

Three44s

So did I, and then some. I don't think I will be doing it again.

While I appreciate everyone who tried to help out to sign & confirm this petition to try to get attention for this accessory to firearms, the APATHY/Lack of so many, "so called" Pro gun folks to get on board with trying to do something to stop infringements gave me a bad taste in my mouth.

Only 5,000 more signers than a month ago when this was started.

It is like there are more FUDDS than I ever thought.

No wonder the Gun grabbers are winning battles over & over.

The FUDDs will not get any help from me when it is their turn. I am just going to keep doing what I do & contacting my legislators, but I do not plan to be introducing (bringing here) any more of this sort of thing to this or any other forum in the future.

BTW, I even got into a debate on another "outdoors" forum about this petition where a couple members there were posting that it is not worth the time to petition, or that it is a waste of time, etc... because it won't work. Well, of course it won't work if no one gets behind it & helps push it...

I guess there are more of the "naysayers" than there are those who want to try to stop the infringements in any way they can.

Makes me a bit sick to my stomach, as well as makes me pretty angry, but there is not much I can do about it. Words don't help apparently.

Thanks to all who tried & did not make this political.