PDA

View Full Version : possible commercial solution for lube

squid1230
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I understand that evryone here is an experimenter by nature, and often it is the journey that is the pleasure - not the destination.

That is why I ask, knowing I may be run out on a rail, if anyone has looked at LPS products as a possible boolit lube.

http://www.lpslabs.com/product_pg/lubricants_pg/Force842.html

I have not cast a single boolit yet, merely trying to educate myself before I try, and in lurking here have read quite a bit about the requirements of the lube you are making. As I was reading I thought the homebrew lubes sounded very much like LPS. I have been using LPS quite a bit in airplanes and thought it may be suitable here.

What do you think?

Johnch
10-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Never tryed that stuff , so can't say for sure

But I did try 2 lubes with molybdenum disulfide
To at least a degree they both worked
But I will probely never use another lube with molybdenum disulfide in it , as your hands get black
And everything you touch turns black

Might work , but the mess is to much for me

John

The Dust Collector
10-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the forum!
I did try a LPS product. It was/is called 500 Plus (part no. 01304). It appeared and smells very similar to alox. The 500 Plus has a consistency that of cosmoline. To stiffen it up I used beeswax (about 50/50). As far as shooting goes, it was no better than any other low speed boolit lube. I haven't used this for years and since have moved on to a better (more flexible / efficient) lube.

TCLouis
10-24-2008, 09:20 PM
DoAll Tool Saver

Comes in a tube about like a commercial grease gun. Looks just like FWFWL, and works great on BP boolits. I have limited trials on smokeless rounds (44 Mag and 45-70) with no leading. would likely feed through a lubricizer with no heat under reasonable temperatures.

TCLouis
10-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Content deleted as it is a copy