PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Blue

bikerbeans
05-24-2019, 08:59 PM
I went to a local theatre to watch this documentary last night with my F16 pilot son and a friend. It was worth it. Best part of the night was one of men of the 8th air force's campaign againist germany featured in the movie was in the crowd. This hero was credited with downing 8 german planes from his b17's ball turret. This gentleman, Robert Rowland, lives 10 minutes from me and i have never heard of him before last night.

On a sad note, there were empty seats and in the audience very few people under 40 years of age. Like they say, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

BB

richhodg66
05-25-2019, 07:26 AM
I need to see if it's playing around here. I've always been fascinated by the bombing campaigns over Europe in WWII. Amazing courage those guys had. If you ever get a chance to go to the 8th Air Force museum in Savannah, Georgia, it's definitely worth a half day visit.

bikerbeans
05-25-2019, 08:28 AM
HBO bought the American rights to this film. Last Thursday was the only showing at the cinemas. I believe it will be available on HBO in June.

BB

Texas by God
05-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up, BB. I sat in a gun turret on a B17 once at a Confederate Air Force show in Breckinridge, Texas. What a neat day. I'll be watching for this on HBO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DougGuy
05-25-2019, 09:27 AM
I want to see this too.. I usually wait until something comes available via alternate sources on the net and d/l it.

MAY I suggest the 7 part series on Netflix by Ken Burns entitled "The War" it covers all of WWII chronicling 4 American towns and a soldier from each town. This series alone is well worth the $9.99 monthly fee Netflix charges, you can cancel after you enjoy watching..

Handloader109
05-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Took my wife and my 28 yr old daughter. Was good documentary. Glad we went, 87 seat room, new reclining seat theater. Probably 60 were there. Decent turnout.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk