PDA

View Full Version : WTS SOWW and COWW ingots with XrF by BNE

40-82 hiker
05-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Changed Lots 2 and 3 so they can be purchased without the tin bar. It's good alloy, and getting harder to find due to zinc and steel replacing it. Plus, it is a good cause.

Selling some of my lead stuff to benefit Dad in nursing home (can't work - want to raise funds). He is an "Old Reliable", wounded the evening before St. Lo fell (BAR man), and put back into the throw the first day of Allied offensive push during the "Bulge". 94 and not doing very well...

Thanks to BNE for his generous help with the XrF analyses. Hard to be creditable with ingot sales... He turned that tide for me.

Weights are measured with my accurate digital scale, but lowered down to determine $$.

Please note: I did not smelt this stuff for sale, but for my own use. Hence, the corncob ingots, and the numbers lopped off of the bar solder in Lot 3. This does mean, however, the smelting process is truly properly done with multiple courses of cedar shavings and candle wax. Of course, the same care would have been used if I smelted to sell. :wink: No zinc beyond trace amounts if that. BNE does not even mention it in the XrF analyses.

I have not tried to get this stuff into MFRB boxes yet. Don't know why they won't... However, if there is a problem doing so, I WILL smelt the corncobs and cast muffins, making sure that ALL weights are equal to, or greater than listed in Lot 2 and Lot 3. Sold a ton of lead to fund my shooting hobby over the last 7 years, and never lost a shipped box. Most of those sales were NOT done through S&S, but many/most to CB members.

USPS Money Order only. Thanks. No sales out of US or where normal MRFB postage will not get it there (if that place exists). Please add extra for additional insurance if wanted.

1st "I'll take Lot_" AND PM with address (no address in first PM - PM AND "I'll take Lot_" does not count).

SPF Lot 1) SOWW
This sale is for 23.6 pounds of single-batch SOWW ingots. $1.35 per pound for 23 pounds (23.6 incl) + MFRB ($31.05 + $14.30 = $45.35).

Pure lead via XrF. Please note the large Pb crystals in the photo. This would normally not be enough to ship via MFRB, hence the sale for benefit. Shown is BNE's XrF analysis, in his own handwriting via PM to me (screen copy). ;)

242303 242304

Lot 2) COWW Will sell this lot without tin bar if desired. Just deduct from price.
This sale is for a "cake mix", which contains all of the tin and lead from the solder bar, and COWW ingots to make 48.6 pounds of alloy having 2.5% tin. BHN should be 12 by calculator

60/40 solder bar: 1.61 pounds
corncob ingots: 7.5 pounds
muffin ingots: 39.5 pounds

Cost: $1.30 per pound for 46 (total is 47) pounds muffin and corn ingots ($59.80) + $9.00 for 60/40 solder bar (15.48 ounces of Tin and 10.32 ounces of Pb) + MFRB ($59.8 + $9 + $14.30) = $83.10

XrF via BNE:

242305 242306

Lot 3)COWW Option: Will sell this lot without tin bar if desired. Just deduct from price.
This sale is for a "cake mix", which contains all of the tin and lead from the wiping bar, and COWW ingots to make 49.5 pounds of alloy with 2% tin. Total weight = 49.5 pounds (tin from bar and COWW = 1.03 pounds). BHN should be 12 by calculator.

cost: 44.7 (45.7 incl) pounds COWW at $1.30 per pound ($58.11) + .792 pounds tin in bar at $9 per lb ($7.13) + MFRB ($14.30) = $79.54

corn cob ingots: 7.5 lbs.
muffin ingots: 38.2 lbs
wiping bar: 1.98 lbs.

Please note: The wiping bar IS 40/60. I lopped off the ends as I needed chunks, not paying any attention to the fact I may one day need to sell them. This is it for anything with tin that I have that is identifiable (sic, all others are ingots).

242305 242307

Thanks. If I have made any mistakes please just bring it to my attention. Injuries gone completely nuts today, but I swore I'd tough this one out.

Ed in North Texas
05-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a good cause, so I'll take lot 1. PM follows.

40-82 hiker
05-23-2019, 11:51 PM
Sounds like a good cause, so I'll take lot 1. PM follows.

Thank you Ed. Greatly appreciated.

Bob

40-82 hiker
05-25-2019, 01:30 AM
BTT for another look

40-82 hiker
05-30-2019, 10:38 PM
I have local interest in these remaining ingots. So, closing post.

Thank you so very much Ed. Great cause...

Lot 1 shipped

Please close post.