PDA

View Full Version : New twist scam call

GOPHER SLAYER
05-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Cell phone rings but I don't answer. Later I did listen to the message and it goes like this. Immigration Department, someone is trying to obtain your SS#, punch 1 for details. I didn't punch 1.

Blammer
05-14-2019, 08:57 PM
LOL

that's a good juan!

DCP
05-14-2019, 09:25 PM
They just won't give up!

nvbirdman
05-14-2019, 09:26 PM
I got a call once from some company wanting to verify my SS number. I told them "Tell me what you got and I'll verify it". That wasn't exactly the response they wanted from me.

Stephen Cohen
05-14-2019, 09:41 PM
I just abused a female scammer last week, told her she could make her mum and dad proud by becoming a $2 hooker. No I don't consider her a lady so I did no wrong. Regards Stephen

Walks
05-14-2019, 10:15 PM
I can sometimes keep them on the phone for 5-6 min, just jerking their chain.
Or I answer in German or Yiddish or Hebrew.

Or agent Johnson, fbi

dangitgriff
05-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Stephen Cohen: Ozzy Man Reviews! You’re the guy! [emoji2]
https://youtu.be/fn0U__yfIdY

Tom W.
05-14-2019, 10:37 PM
My wife got one from a legit number from Verizon, but the recording said to press 1.. I told her not to, but she's as skeptical as I am. I did look up customer service at Verizon and it was the same number, so we did call that one. The rep we got said it was a scammer and not to press 1. My wife thanked him and hung up. 10 seconds later it was the rep calling back to remind my wife to be mindful of the scammers.

Gotta be careful!

rancher1913
05-14-2019, 10:47 PM
there is another that when you answer they ask "can you hear me ok" and if you answer yes, they just signed you up for a subscription that you cant cancel and you will pay for it through the phone bill. the phone companies need to be held responsible monetarily, thats the only way it will get stopped.

gwpercle
05-15-2019, 08:26 AM
I can sometimes keep them on the phone for 5-6 min, just jerking their chain.
Or I answer in German or Yiddish or Hebrew.

Or agent Johnson, fbi

Cajun French mixed with some New Orleans Yat throws them big time .
I get a kick out of jerking them around... one of my new hobbies !

gwpercle
05-15-2019, 08:28 AM
there is another that when you answer they ask "can you hear me ok" and if you answer yes, they just signed you up for a subscription that you cant cancel and you will pay for it through the phone bill. the phone companies need to be held responsible monetarily, thats the only way it will get stopped.

That has happened several times...when I get that question I reply " I can hear you...can you hear me ? " Say anything but the word yes !

429421Cowboy
05-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Worst part of these scam calls is they have gotten so prevalent that it's hard for me to make legitimate calls for work anymore. I have to call and verify permission to do vegetation and soil sampling, and half the time people think I'm a scam even though they sent in the paperwork confirming the sampling! Lots of folks dont remember they asked for it and when I say I'm a guy doing the resource sampling and inventory they get real sceptical.
Probably 90% of the calls we get on our office line are scams now, it's a miracle if we actually get a legit call.

EDG
05-15-2019, 11:52 AM
The phone companies profit from the scam calling traffic so they will do nothing to stop it.

sureYnot
05-15-2019, 05:50 PM
The phone companies profit from the scam calling traffic so they will do nothing to stop it.Not true at all. It costs them money.