PDA

View Full Version : for your eyes only

canuck4570
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Earlier I spoke of my Ruger no 1 scout rifle .... well here is some photo of it
caliber is 4570 and the scope is a Burris scout scope 2.75 x equipe with a balistic plex.... also I have a burris 3 to 12 x handgun scope that fits on it for bench work.... great not to have a scope in front of the loading port .Canuck.

The Nyack Kid
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
canuck
looks nice . i like the idea of the scout scope .
no chance of scope bite when useing +P+ loads

SharpsShooter
12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
The No.1 is a fine rifle. The Scout scope setup looks handy.

1Shirt
12-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Good looking rig! My 3 #l's, and my #3 are always looking for an addition to the collection.
1Shirt :coffee:

drinks
12-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I use ier and ler low power scopes on my Handirifles, two reasons, I am a snapshooter, too much wing shooting , and I do not like the hammer extension required with most scopes.
Here is a picture of my .45-70 with a 2.5x shotgun scope.

drinks
12-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Let me try again, I am not really very good at this coompooter stuff.
Nope, I still cannot get the "manage attachments" button to work, oh well!

Doughty
12-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Doesn't llook like a standard Quarter Rib. What did you do there?

JDL
12-08-2005, 09:07 AM
canuck,
I like that setup! I took the scope off my B-78 this past weekend, modified a brass front sight I had to sourdough configuration, and shot it for a while. It didn't take too long to realize my eyes don't look as good as they did 30 years ago!:-( Just last night I was thinking about a scout scope and how difficult it would be to attach it to the Browning. -JDL

canuck4570
12-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I old vic....what I did..... well my son is a machinist so he did it all... I will try to explain... first if you take a look at the right picture carefully you will see where the ruger rib was cut in a L shape the start of the L shape cut is just in front of the second olding screw looking from the front.... the L shape depth correspond to the bridge section of the rib...the original screw tread for the sight was retap same as olding screw so if you look from the top you will see 3 screw....a pressure fit pin was added to surve as a recoil lug (only to the rib and added piece to lenghten it...My son did it on very accurate machines and scope set at zero
for elavation and windage I only hade to make about 3 click on the windage....soon I will get a camera and if you wish I could put photo up that shows the screws placement etc etc....

canuck4570
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I JDL... well I have seen one .... the owner toke the scope mounting block and machine them has low a possible....tapped the center so if you look from the top you would see the 2 holes to screw the bloc to the barrel and the center one wich is drilled and tap is use to hold a alluminium or steel flat bar
long enough to hold the scoute scope... the ring he use was Sako... he tooke only the ring part and drill the flat bar where he wanted them if you take a look a Sako rings you will understand.. he wanted sako because on the plastic insert wich correct misalignment of the ring...