PDA

View Full Version : Value of TC Patriot and Markwell pistols

Rich/WIS
04-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Neighbor is going to sell these, were his dad's. Told him I would try to get an idea as to value.

TC is like new, appears unfired. A small blemish or on stock two from handling but everything else is good. No box or papers.

Markwell is a 45, never heard of them before. Looks reasonably well made, bolster instead of drum, Appears unfired with only minor handling marks.

Know it is rough without pictures but they are beyond my skill level.

drago9900
05-11-2019, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Rich/WIS;4637192]Neighbor is going to sell these, were his dad's. Told him I would try to get an idea as to value.

TC is like new, appears unfired. A small blemish or on stock two from handling but everything else is good. No box or papers.

What is the caliber of the TC

Rich/WIS
05-11-2019, 05:19 PM
It is 45.

pietro
05-11-2019, 09:26 PM

If you surf only SOLD online gun auctions for examples of them in the same condition, you would get an idea of the current true value - what someone would be willing to pay for one in like condition, TODAY (not whenever).

IME, pristine .45cal Patriot's will usually change hands for $450-$500 (.36cal Patriots are worth +50% more).

The Markwell Arms Kentucky pistols I have seen were all in kit form (DIY) or assembled from a kit - and would think one in perfect condition might bring $200 (kit) or $300 (assembled/finished kit).

6string
05-27-2019, 05:18 AM
"Face to face" sales of the TC Patriot are usually lower than online, as is common. I've seen minty ones around $350-375.

I used to know a police officer that had a TC Patriot. This was back in the 80s when his dept still carried S&W M10s. He would take that TC to the indoor police range and fire off a few rounds, filling the range with smoke, and irritating whomever else was on the line.
He thought it was pretty funny.

Jim

mazo kid
05-31-2019, 07:52 PM
The Markwell pistol will work just fine, but is a lower quality gun. If it was assembled from a kit, value would depend on the experience of the builder.