PDA

View Full Version : PA boys got ear plugs ready??

Hogtamer
04-29-2019, 09:12 PM
Saw the SE part of the state will have a huge cicada coming out party soon. I've been through 3 of these cycles that I remember, gonna be fun! I will say you fishermen are in for high times. All fish get primed when some of that bounty enevitably lands in ponds, lakes and rivers. Any top water lure will get a quick strike!
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/04/29/massive-brood-of-cicadas-expected-in-may/

Silvercreek Farmer
04-29-2019, 09:16 PM
Had a big hatch here a few years ago. I couldn't catch squat for fish. I think they were gorged on them...

popper
04-29-2019, 09:48 PM
Had the same problem on tenn. river years ago. Fish under the trees on the bank waiting for catipilars to fall. Had to get a jig down fast to reach the big fish. No fish elsewhere.

higgins
04-30-2019, 08:54 PM
A cicada hatch is the only time I've ever seen carp feed aggressively. My son and I caught them on just about any topwater lure that was brown, and a friend wore himself (and a couple of bugs) out catching them on some kind of brown bug on a fly rod.

gwpercle
05-01-2019, 12:06 PM
You guys spend an awful lot of time shooting poor little carpenter bee's....you'all can't handle a few Cicada's or are those too much bug for ya !
Let's see some Cicada loads and shooting exploits ... Man up !
:kidding:
Gary

RU shooter
05-02-2019, 07:19 PM
I got me about 50 rds of 45 acp shot shells loaded up and at the ready plan on making some for the 357 this weekend, some 12 ga filled with rice might be interesting in the event of a swarm