PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Nat. Labs - Medical Screening Exam - ?

OS OK
04-25-2019, 11:49 AM
I received this notice in the mail 14 years after working there.
Are any of you getting this post card?
Have you done anything about it?

Are they being forced by someone's attorney to do this?

https://i.imgur.com/0cFxn8S.jpg

Der Gebirgsjager
04-25-2019, 11:58 AM
What have you got to lose? Give them a call.

Markopolo
04-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Os???? When did you work there???? My father worked there .... and my dad’s cousin... maybe you know them???

Sig556r
04-25-2019, 01:00 PM
Maybe some class suit law firm disguised as free health screening similar to meso tv ads...
I may be wrong too...

ShooterAZ
04-25-2019, 01:13 PM
They are .org sites, so I doubt it's a class action type thing. It appears to be legit, as the sites mentioned appear to associated with nuclear energy in some form or another. I'd call them and find out what's up.

OS OK
04-25-2019, 03:34 PM
It's a heck'uva time to tell me that maybe the dosimeters may have not worked as planned! 14 years ago I had crews of local IBEW working in some really hot spots outside of reactor buildings...in holes in the ground even. In fact many times week after week I'd have to hire whole new crews to replace the previous crew that got too hot<(radioactive) the week before. We were there about 6 months straight.

Seems to me to be a bit to late now to be blowing the whistle.

xs11jack
04-25-2019, 07:32 PM
This is most likely from a lawyer that wants to start a class action against the company that has deep pockets. He will get 33% off the top and go looking for another one.
Ole Jack

NyFirefighter357
04-25-2019, 08:50 PM
WHPP was established under Section 3162 of the 1993 Defense Authorization Act. The Act directed the DOE to initiate programs to evaluate the health of former DOE defense nuclear facility workers. The program is funded by a contract from the DOE and is led by Queens College of the City University of New York in partnership with the United Steelworkers (USW), Atomic Trade and Labor Council (ATLC), the “Former” Fernald Atomic Trade and Labor Council (FAT&LC) and Creative Pollution Solutions (CPS), Inc.

The goal of WHPP is to provide medical screening to detect work-related illnesses at an early stage when medical intervention may be helpful. In addition, it helps workers determine if a current health condition is the result of a work-related exposure. For the first time, former and current workers at DOE sites have the opportunity to obtain an independent, objective assessment of their health in relation to their prior workplace exposures by a physician with expertise in occupational medicine. This is a clinical service program, intended to be of direct and immediate benefit to its participants. Information gathered may be used in an anonymous way to inform scientists and to benefit future workers.

http://www.worker-health.org/aboutwhpp.html

WheelgunConvert
04-25-2019, 09:08 PM
The SR1 reactor disaster is still reaching out from the grave.

Mal Paso
04-26-2019, 10:08 AM
It's a heck'uva time to tell me that maybe the dosimeters may have not worked as planned! 14 years ago I had crews of local IBEW working in some really hot spots outside of reactor buildings...in holes in the ground even. In fact many times week after week I'd have to hire whole new crews to replace the previous crew that got too hot<(radioactive) the week before. We were there about 6 months straight.

Seems to me to be a bit to late now to be blowing the whistle.

Probably got hung in the mail for a few years. See USPS in action post.

popper
04-26-2019, 10:13 AM
Depends on who actually sent it. WHPP probably OK, else a lawyer. Worked with a guy who got bone cancer after working at Sandia a long long time ago.