PDA

View Full Version : To wake up by ?

Boaz
04-24-2019, 02:39 PM
As I have gotten old I'm not 'right' when I first get up . I usually listen to some music after dumping water in the coffee maker . I have a Bunn and it is fast . I usually listen to some music to become fully conscious .

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o&list=RDBmx--WjeN7o&index=1

Winger Ed.
04-24-2019, 03:58 PM
I never drank much coffee. And now, I'm not even allowed to make it.

In the Service, everybody in the hanger took turns coming in early for a week at a time to make coffee.
When it came to me, I told the Maint. Chief, I didn't drink it, and didn't think I should have to come in and make it either.
The idea got shot down with a 'tough #$#$%^*(^$#@!@@$%^&*&*' you're going to do it anyway.

Monday morn. I came in, took the big 1/2 empty tank with the oil floating on it from being unplugged Friday.
I filled it the rest of the way back up, filled the grounds basket that had hair growing on it the rest of the way back up.
And plugged it in.

It stunk so bad, you could smell it out on the street.

The CO came into the office, got a cup of it, and spit it out, and then was the first time anyone ever heard him cuss.
"Who the #$#$%^**^$%$#$%%^&**%^$% made this #$#$^%&^%$#$%^&"?

The Maint. Chief looked at me with that,
'I've gotten you out of trouble before, but this time, you're a gone goose, and I hope you like Antartica' look.

Then, with the wisdom of centuries of previous Commanding Officers, the Colonel looked around the room,
cast his gaze on the Maintenance Chief, and after a long pause, said,
,,,,,,, "If anyone orders Sgt. H. to make coffee again,,,,,, I will have you shot".

big bore 99
04-24-2019, 04:28 PM
A beautiful way to start the day.

Pine Baron
04-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Proof positive that angels walk this earth. Thanks.

Jniedbalski
04-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Funny. I use to be the early person in and always made the coffee. The first pot was for me and a few older teachers thst got there early, very strong just the way we liked it. The next few pots I made where very week just like every body wanted. I use to get complements on my strong coffee from a very few early risers that wanted it stout

fiberoptik
04-24-2019, 05:17 PM
I used to make a fresh pot in our 30 cup percolator every Monday. Someone once suggested removing the grounds, but I couldn’t understand why.
Course Jarheads like thick coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walks
04-24-2019, 06:36 PM
My Coffee Pot is set up the night before. After I wake up, I stagger/crawl into the Kitchen. Flip on the Coffee maker, take my meds/vitamins. Then grab my Travel mug and stagger/crawl to the Head, turn the sink faucet to full hot and PEE. Fill up the Travel Mug with Hot water and brush my toofie's. Wash my pits & privates, dry & powder, throw on my clothes and stagger back to the kitchen. Dump the hot water from my travel mug and fill it with the LIQUID of LIFE.

Take that first sip, and feel my body react as I straighten to full height. Flex my joints ( as painfully as that is ) .

Grab the yogurt/Kashi mix and peeled banana my Wonder Wife has fixed for me. Take Coffee & breakfast out to my Recliner. Sit down and turn on all three Heating Pads. Sip my Coffee and eat breakfast. Watch the early morning news.

In 30 minutes I'm ready for my 2nd cup and I can move well enough to do my morning stretches.

And then I'm ready for my last cup. 12 oz's each.

And My Wonderfull Wife sets up the machine to make the Perfect Coffee the Night before.

Boaz
04-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Proof positive that angels walk this earth. Thanks.

I agree Pine Baron ...she is special . Her story ;

Kaylee Rogers, 11-Year-Old girl from Donaghadee, Ireland with Autism; Sings Moving Rendition Of ‘Hallelujah’; you wouldn’t know that from listening to her sing.

The young girl at the age of 10, a student at Killard House Special School in Northern Ireland, who suffers from autism and ADHD; stunned the online world with a choir rendition of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” recently.

Colin Millar, the school’s principal, told BBC News that Kaylee is often shy — but not when she sings.

“All my kids have talents, as well as barriers, and this is hers.”

“She’d be a very quiet little girl, but when she sings, she just opens up,” he said.

Kaylee started attending Killard House a few years ago, in order to help her address learning delays. She’s overcome some incredible challenges to share that voice with the world and singing has helped her build up her confidence

“For a child who came in P4 (7 to 8 years old) and wouldn’t really talk, wouldn’t really read out in class, to stand and perform in front of an audience is amazing. It takes a lot of effort on Kaylee’s part,” Millar said.

“Hallelujah”, written by Leonard Cohen over the course of five years, was recorded by dozens of famous artists. But, Cohen passed away in November, just weeks before Kaylee Rogers’ rendition of his most famous song was released. Somehow, we’re sure that Cohen would approve of this stunning remake.

Hear Kaylee Rogers sing “Hallelujah” with the Killard House School Choir.

country gent
04-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Boaz I understand what your saying. I wake up and get sat up in the edge if the bed Take my meds and lay out the evening batch. I usually sit there 1/2 hour getting the legs to work. get dressed and fix some breakfast. It may take me anywhere from 1/2 hour to 45 mins to get going. Some days just getting sat up is a real chore LOL

jdfoxinc
04-24-2019, 07:00 PM
I know I'm alive in the mourning because something hurts.

Hickok
04-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Precious children! Thanks Boaz!

sigep1764
04-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Hit the alarm at 7am. Reach down and rub on the puppy. Ask her if she's hungry and she jumps out of bed. Swap the K Cup for a new one and press start. Scoop of food for puppy, scoop of food for cat. Pee. Grab coffee and take puppy to pee. Come back in, read news, read this forum, check Craigslist, get dressed and out the door.

wv109323
04-24-2019, 08:48 PM
I worked with a co-worker that had his personel pot with his coffee in the lunch room. He would come in and make a pot of coffee. Several of the coworkers would come in and help themselves to his fresh coffee.
He got tired of providing free coffee to everyone with no compensation.
One morning he made a pot with half coffee and half Copenhagen snuff. After a couple hours several of the men got sick and went to the company nurse for stomach pain. It was soon determined that the common thread was the coffee pot. He admitted that he used Copenhagen to make the coffee. When asked why he said he liked to make his coffe every once in a while with Copenhagen. And if the moochers could not handle it that was their problem.

Boaz
04-25-2019, 06:42 AM
Well I have put this one up before . Book of Revelations describes the end of times . The pouring of the vial's , the sea turning to blood , men will hide in the mountains seeking death rather than GOD's judgement . I have always liked this one .

I have never figured out exactly why some can't see GOD by his works around them , by the miracle , gift and blessing of their own lives . I'm aware of the temptations of a fallen world added with given choice . Our faith should start with a healthy fear of GOD ..then you see the blessings when you look .

............................................. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ND8DZhtnY

Mtnfolk75
04-25-2019, 04:00 PM

This .... /\/\/\/\ :coffeecom

hwilliam01
04-25-2019, 05:10 PM
As I have gotten old I'm not 'right' when I first get up . I usually listen to some music after dumping water in the coffee maker . I have a Bunn and it is fast . I usually listen to some music to become fully conscious .

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o&list=RDBmx--WjeN7o&index=1

Sounds like my mornings until one day, I was kind of groggy from the night before and when I woke up, I took the wrong meds. But, Boeing the eternal optimist, there is a good side....for the next three months I am protected from fleas, ticks and heart worm...but I do have an incredible surge to chase cars and squirrels.

Winger Ed.
04-25-2019, 05:33 PM
...for the next three months I am protected from fleas, ticks and heart worm...but I do have an incredible surge to chase cars and squirrels.

Whew.
Hopefully, nobody will find you curled up licking,,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,, you know.

rl69
04-25-2019, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIgzb620c2Y

RED BEAR
04-25-2019, 09:31 PM
I no longer have any particular time to get up. So i get up when i get up. When i was still working i always worked in small shops because i knew i would not be at work on time. I would tell my boss that if it was going to be a problem i can always get a new job (never told them until i had been on job a while.) I was not a morning person the last job i had i doubt i was on time 10 times in 10 years. As far as coffee goes i will not give it up gave up smoking gave up drinking went on diet. I only have 2 cups in morning but this is were i draw the line.

375supermag
04-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Hi...
I am retired so no set time for me to get out of bed.
So, of course, I am awake every morning around 4:30AM, get up for a few minutes, check the house and go back to bed. Generally toss and turn for a while and finally doze back off til 7:00AM.
Shower, get dressed and make my first cup of Earl Grey tea and eat a banana. No longer take any meds other than an aspirin, a multi vitamin and a couple of Advil. The aspirin is because of a couple of strokes I suffered back in 2012 and the Advil dulls the results of too many operations, radiation and chemo treatments along with a bit of arthritis.

I drink Earl Grey tea pretty much all day and night....pretty much addicted for the last 40 years.

Stephen Cohen
04-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Winger Ed. You crack me up, I bet your actions were deliberate. Regards Stephen

Boaz
04-26-2019, 05:49 AM
Well as I start 'trying' to type with one finger after one cup of coffee it's 4;11 . I ain't plumb 'right yet but got the three spoiled house dogs Mattie , Hershey and Ariel fed . Got this playing in the background wearing headphones . My son is staying with me and trying not to wake him .

..............................................http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdvReNKKuk

Getting up at four in the morning without cause has to be a form of mental illness . But it's a good time to contemplate...after two cups of coffee at least . There probably are 5-6 others like me awake in the western hemisphere but their not right either . Well just changed the 'channel' to this ;

.................................................. ......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDqTENtNvKQ

Time to get ready for the world . When folks in the stores say..Have a nice day ! I away tell them ...I determined to ! Verse from Isaiah ;

I am your God and will take care of you until you are old and your hair is gray. I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you. 5 "To whom will you compare me?" says the Lord. "Is there anyone else like me? 6 People open their purses and pour out gold; they weigh out silver on the scales. They hire a goldsmith to make a god; then they bow down and worship it. 7 They lift it to their shoulders and carry it; they put it in place, and there it stands, unable to move from where it is. If any pray to it, it cannot answer or save them from disaster. 8 "Remember this, you sinners; consider what I have done. 9 Remember what happened long ago; acknowledge that I alone am God and that there is no one else like me. 10 From the beginning I predicted the outcome; long ago I foretold what would happen.

I hope ya'll are 'determined' to have a good day ! Stay in the Spirit and listen for that small still voice . it helps .

Boaz
04-27-2019, 08:25 AM
It's Saturday ..Our Lord is with us .

Got started late here . Had messages to send , some were hard . You know I wish I had more answers than I do ..but I don't . Everyone has trouble , it just rubs off on you in this place . But our future looks bright and he is with us through it all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL06fxHPVo

Psalm 94:17-18
Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

Boaz
04-28-2019, 06:22 AM
Well it's Sunday . Got up bout 45 min ago and stumbled in the kitchen and got the Bunn going . It's raining , thunder and lightening all night . My rat terrier in her old age is scared to death of thunder storms , she is staying between my feet everywhere I go . I'm sitting and got coffee putting this up and petting her as she pushes on my leg shaking . I suppose she gets some comfort just knowing I'm here and know she is scared , I'm all she has . I can tell her everything is alright and the storm will pass but she doesn't understand .

I like most have had a lot of storms in my life . Some didn't seems survivable at times but GOD was always there . Sometime we focus on the trouble instead of turning to him...it's our nature to take it on ourselves . Definition of faith is ;
.................................................. ...........Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

GOD is always there . Even when we cause our own problem .1 Corinthians 10:13 ;

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

We are also tested by GOD in our faith and to build us beyond our own capability . Abraham was commanded to offer his son Isaac in Genesis . Abraham himself was tested . Psalm 40;1-2

I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

.................................................. ......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

I hope everyone of you have a good worship day . He's with us all .

Boaz
04-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Well I have been up about an hour and a half , drank 3/4 of a pot of coffee . Rain quit yesterday , it's puddled up everywhere but I got my yard mowed the day before so that's a good deal . Dogs are fed and went off to find a soft spot , Mattie the rat terrier survived the storm , as usual the storm passed . Need to hook up the little yard trailer to the riding mower , get the battery chainsaw and start cutting down a dead mesquite tree out back . Can't drive the truck back there it would get stuck till it drys some .

Had a good day at church yesterday . A couple committed themselves to provide a Christian home for their baby , that's two Sundays in a row with parents loving their child enough to commit to raising them in him . A young boy was baptized...always a celebration . Service ran about an hour late but well worth it .

Lord guide me today . Lord use me , give me through your Holy Spirit direction . Give me proper discernment to see and use me . Help all here to accomplish your will in their lives through you . Clear our path today to serve you avoiding the distractions . Thank you for all you do . Amen

.................................................. .................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aIhta9exts

Hope everyone has a good day !

Goatwhiskers
04-29-2019, 07:29 AM
Amen to that, Charlie. GW

Boaz
04-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Well got here late this morning . Done drank a pot of coffee , dogs fed , took care of daily some daily cleaning and dumb stuff . Got a doctor appointment at nine this morning . Supposed to be thunderstorms and hail with chance of tornadoes .

Yesterday evening about six thirty I saw a woman in a wheelchair slowly roll up to a man sitting next to me . She said...I don't know where to go . The man was uncomfortable and said...I don't know what to tell you . The old lady sat there and said...I'm scared and don't know what to do . The man just said...I don't know what to tell you .

This lady was lost . She found no help or comfort . I saw and heard it . They were both lost .

......................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

rl69
05-02-2019, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBnWGw8DRA

Boaz
05-03-2019, 06:17 AM
Good choice Ronnie . Saw it yesterday and intentionally saved it for this morning ...got the headphones on while I type this . Bound for higher ground .....Yes !

Boaz
05-03-2019, 06:46 AM
Well it's 5;24 as I start this today , got bout a third pot of coffee left . I'm rationing it out half cup at a time to make it last till sun up . Dogs fed , trimmed my beard , brushed my teeth , dressed and waiting to see what or who GOD puts in my path today . Since I sold my shop back in January days seem longer . LOL , everyone congratulates me on 'retiring' but personally I think it is boring .

Just mentioned GOD's name in several situations yesterday and got a lot of positive feedback . Dealing with a couple of family situations , went to a birthday party for a lady with Alzheimer . She laughed a lot and enjoyed it . It was a good thing . Need to pick up allergy medicine today for Mattie the rat terrier , clean house , stop at the car wash and several other everyday things . Life goes on .

Several here in the Chapel needing prayer , been thinking of those situations this morning ..we all have trouble . Just part of the human condition . I hope everyone one here has a good day . I'm determined to .

Numbers 6;24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you . The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you .The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

.................................................. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe_qmo3gX4

Boaz
05-05-2019, 06:54 AM
Well I woke up bout 3;40 this morning ...looked at the lighted clock on the nightstand and told myself to go back to sleep . But my hand acting by it's own accord turned the lamp on . Threw the cover off putting my feet on the floor . Never did 'enjoy' sleeping . Never understood why a lot of folks want to sleep their life away . With my simplistic reasoning we are akin to a light bulb or cheap toaster with just a certain amount of life built in us . What is the enjoyment laying in a semi comatose state as my expiration date draws closer ? Seems literally a waste of time . We will die . Shouldn't we make the most of out remaining time ?

Job 14;5-6
A man’s days are numbered. You know the number of his months. He cannot live longer than the time You have set. So now look away from him that he may rest, until he has lived the time set for him like a man paid to work.

.................................................. ..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEh7Vt9sxmc

Pine Baron
05-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Cheap toaster...Yup that's me.

Boaz
05-05-2019, 10:03 AM
lol , I understand Pine Baron .

Boaz
05-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Well shook out 30 min's ago . Dogs fed , three cups of coffee down and rationing it out till sun up . Early morning is a good time to be retrospective and even possibly optimistic . In my over half century of life here I'v seen so many that are determined to be unhappy and disatisified with their own life . I figure that kind of outlook/atitude combined with 98 cents will buy you a small Hershey bar .
Today is today and it's all I have been given and all I got . Tomorrow ...well I don't know . I think I'll dwell on today . The here and now seems more obtainable and manageable than tomorrow ?
Matthew 6;34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Phillppians 4;6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Of coarse I think of the future but this day is upon me to listen and not be distracted by the coarse of events . Think I'll pray for discernment combined with guidence for today .
....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMhshpf0Y4
Lord guide us in another day given . Affect our words and acts through your guidance . Draw near to us in our thoughts and help us . Thank you for your complete love and mercy in our lives . Thank you for your understanding and infinite patience . Amen

Boaz
05-08-2019, 06:47 AM
Been up a while , got up TOO early this morning , lol had to make a second pot of coffee . Mattie the old rat terrier is staying between my feet shaking so it's either raining outside or going to . Yesterday was a nice day and got a lot done , being obsessive compulsive I like getting things done . But the enjoyment and understanding is always fleeting because more everyday things become instantly apparent . It's a 'chasing your tail' situation . It will never end in the condition we are in ?

Satisfaction of accomplishment here are always temporary . Our goal being to know our father . This world will be swept away but his work never will diminish . His kingdom is being built .

Timothy 6-7
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

.................................................. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI

Boaz
05-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Well got started late here . BUT ! Got much done ..'much' taking into consideration I move slow , lol . I laugh at myself a lot these days . I was at a time a workaholic . Several years ago I became intrigued by this video . Beyond the fact it's good music I liked looking at the picture . Seemingly sharing a common bond with this guy . It was a good while till it struck me...This man was going to work , this was the way I 'attacked' life everyday .

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvYuNfCLRio&list=RDEvYuNfCLRio&index=2

Yep ! Thought I had to struggle against this world ! Everyday had to be a struggle . I waited to see what this place would throw against me . I was determined to suffer through and 'win' . I missed a lot of the good in my life , I didn't see all the beauty GOD had put around me . I 'fought' to keep what he had so generously given me . And yea I failed myself .

Being hard headed and not too smart it took me a spell to figure it out . Life is better now ..I don't compete in this world anymore .

Matthew 6;25
Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Romans 8;28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

There is much more verse , a great deal of reassuring truth as to certainty , prediction and guiding advice to overcome any problem . I bear witness to my Lord this morning through what he has done in my life .

My hope for you is to enjoy this day ! Look for the beauty and the good . You'll see his hand in your life .

.......................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9I_-ShgVBE

Boaz
05-10-2019, 07:03 AM
Been up an hour or so ..coffee is down to the rationing stage to survive till day break . Dogs are fed and found a soft spot to take a nap till lunch . It's extra quiet this morning ..or at least seems so . Have thought off and on this morning the almost predictable events that might unfold today by the thoughts of yesterday . Not really a prefect system of prediction but best I got . We face that challenge every day .

When my daughter Becky was about five years old we lived in Kamay Texas ..twenty five mile west of Wichita Falls Texas in the middle of no where . LOL , you couldn't even buy a Coke in Kamay . I had built Becky a room onto the office at the shop preferring keep her with me instead of having her in daycare .
I had to stop at the grocery store to snag a few things , it was rush hour and wanted to get home . Carried her in and plunked her in the seat of a shopping cart moving fast to get out of there and head home . I was moving fast gathering the few things we needed .
Store was full of people getting off work . Two times the loudspeakers boomed out...All checkers to the front ! All checkers to the front ! Becky was looking up and around , I didn't pay her any attention .

I had gathered up and headed to the check out and the store manager came on the loud speaker again saying ...Customer needs assistance on aisle twelve ! Customer needs assistance on aisle twelve ! Becky was looking hard at the ceiling for a moment then she looked at me with her eyes big asking...Daddy ! Is that GOD telling everyone what to do !

Well that kind of threw me for a second as I stopped the cart saying...No baby ! That's not GOD talking ! It's the store boss telling the hands what to do . She looked disappointed and said...I thought it was GOD .

Well I have thought many times it would be nice if GOD would just holler down telling me what to do every time I was unsure . But it ain't the way it works . Best I can do is to ask for his help and listen , without that and left to myself I will fail . I have proven that many times .

Proverbs 4;26
Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

Proverbs 3;5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Without him we are lost , in him we are strong and upright .

.............................................https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIaeQFcbYg&list=RDBmx--WjeN7o&index=2

Boaz
05-11-2019, 07:12 AM
I woke bout an hour ago ..give or take , haven't even looked at a clock since . I have been concerned about two of the members here in the Chapel for a while . Blackwater and xbeeman410 are hard put with medical problems . There are others in my thoughts and prayers also but these two need the immediate intercession of our Lord . I encourage you to pray for them . I always tell that we all need prayer .

Through trial and error , personal experience and common sense we are all skeptical anything on the internet ..and well we should be . But this Chapel does contain those that believe in the one true living GOD . I have seen , interacted and talked to many here . Together though different in many thoughts unite in prayer by our common faith in him . I find this amazing here on a 'gun' forum .

Several years ago I was a moderator on a Christian gun forum ..it has long been shut down and disappeared . A preacher started it , nice guy ..I talked to him a lot on the phone . Of coarse the trolls , atheists and such came in at a high rate in numbers . But they didn't kill the forum ..the self professed faithful did . The theological , denominational arguments were constant . Brother Tom became so discouraged he clicked the forum off . We that had tried to unite people in their commonality of their faith felt failure . It was disheartening .

But here we work together in his name . Strength and confirmation is shared , we give of ourselves to one another .

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-22
And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Just a few verses , there are many . We are given to work together in his name .

Lord be here with us . Lead all here to glorify you in the building of your kingdom that we all share . Give strength of will to accomplish in your name what you would have us do . Increase us in discernment and wisdom for your purpose . Help us work together calling on you in this our time of need for others . Thank you for all given . Amen

.............................................https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI

Markopolo
05-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Ok... I am subscribed... not sure how I missed this thread before...

Early morning blessings to ya,..

Boaz
05-12-2019, 06:18 AM
It's Sunday . Hershey the wienie dog is quietly whining between my feet wanting breakfast . The other two are in the recliner watching me . My son is in the back bedroom asleep , he didn't inherit my crazy habit of getting up at an unreasonable hour .

Not much happened yesterday , no milestone events transpired to invoke much thought for this morning . Still been raining off and on , ground is soaked up ..everything still wet . Being obsessive compulsive it's a torment that I can't get anything done outside .

Spent part of yesterday evening talking to a lady with Alzheimer's . Beautiful lady , kind , gentle , generous and , she encourages others . She is always waiting for her husband Lawrence to take her home . Unfortunately Lawrence died eleven years ago . Her name is Caroline , please pray for Caroline . I don't know her church...never asked . She does put great faith in our Lord , prayed with her yesterday .

Just as a curiosity or possibly interesting I'll put up a song written in 1925 . There was a 'church war' going on in the south . This song was born , it's suppose to be a biblical analogy of Jeremiah 12 . I don't think the analogy is theologically 100% correct but none the less it's interesting and to a great extent true .

Jeremiah 12
My heritage is to Me like a speckled bird;
The vultures all around are against her.
Come, assemble all the beasts of the field,
Bring them to devour!

In the song the speckled bird is the true church of Christ with the other churches wanting to torment and kill it . To look around you'll see many false churches and teachers of lies . If the word of GOD is your guide the word of man is not to be trusted . This verse in Jeremiah could also pertain to us as individuals dealing with the persecution our Lord promised us .

John 15 ;18-27
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

This is not a lesson . I put it up to provoke thought of your own plus it's interesting to a simple mind like I have . I hope you all have a great day of worship !

..........................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6iWRRXDu_4

Boaz
05-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Well ! Late posting today . But on the bright side suns up , world is still turning and life goes on . The trumpet hasn't sounded though it could happen any second . Best to keep your bags packed ..so to speak .

I randomly thought this morning...What have I done to 'earn' or warrant eternal life ? Well I can't justify enough or anything that would buy my way . We are told in Isaiah 64;6 ;

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”

In my 'opinion' my sin helped drive the nails in Christ's hands and feet . He hung dying and ;

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

There a lot more to that story that provides me the offer of salvation . I think of what he's given and compared it to what I have done for him . I'm afraid I come up short . When I think he created me and all I am and all he has given it is hopeless to think I can 'earn' my salvation . But he offers it freely through Christ ..our Savior . The curtain was rent and Christ paid my debit that I could not pay .

Folks are negligent usually in counting their blessing it seems and I'm no better many times . Being who we are we tend to dwell on what we want forgetting all we have ? If you think back you realize how much he loves you .

................................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdT5BK-eqVY

Markopolo
05-13-2019, 08:21 PM
I sure enjoy reading your pondering’s on the word... I feel like I found somebody’s journal sometimes though.. don’t mean to be looking over your shoulder.... :coffeecom

I sure don’t wanna make mine public.. me and the boss know what’s in it..

Boaz
05-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Well I'm posting late . Went to Walmart way early this morning and believe it or not worked on my income tax for the end of the year . I detest paperwork but with a poor memory these days I figured to get it done . Closed and sold my shop in February , I think it's harder to get out of a business than starting one .

I get troubled regularly not so much by atheists or other flavors of non believers but by those who at a time professed their faith in GOD . Societal pressure , currant trends , popular 'opinion' or whatever . How do you profess faith and then walk away ? It's very troubling to me , more so than the lost that never knew GOD . But how do you walk away from GOD ?

I'm pretty sure I can say we have all wandered or become distracted but if you know GOD you can walk away ? However there is not just hope for them ..there is assurance of forgiveness through admission and repentance .

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;

Revelation 3:16

16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQjOsko0VI

Boaz
05-14-2019, 10:36 AM
I sure enjoy reading your pondering’s on the word... I feel like I found somebody’s journal sometimes though.. don’t mean to be looking over your shoulder.... :coffeecom

I sure don’t wanna make mine public.. me and the boss know what’s in it..

Thank you Markopolo.

Boaz
05-15-2019, 08:03 AM
Well dogs fed , chores done , suns up ! Got a lot to do today..mainly just regular ol dumb stuff to keep the ball rolling . lol , time to face the challenge of another day in a fallen world . BUT ! In the end all this shall pass .

Lord be with me and guide me . Help me through your Holy Spirit in all things today . Give me enough wisdom and discernment to do what you would have me do . Please bless all here to keep to the path you have for them today . Thank you for all you do in our lives every day . Amen

.................................................. .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2Khfy75Kg

It's gonna be a good day !

Markopolo
05-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Lord, Help me today be safe when skinnin that bear you blessed us with yesterday evening... I keep my knife sharp.

Psalm 121:1-8 NKJV
[1] I will lift up my eyes to the hills- From whence comes my help? [2] My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. [3] He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. [4] Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. [5] The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. [6] The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. [7] The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. [8] The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Boaz
05-18-2019, 07:13 AM
Dang ! I'm tired this morning and done had better than a half pot of coffee . Been kind of busy the last two days and can't seem to catch up . Was randomly thinking of Timothy 1;15 . Left my bible on the front seat of the truck last night so had to 'google' it , wanted to READ it for thought . Reading GOD's word just seems more thought provoking to me than going by my failing memory , just a personal preference I guess ? Timothy 1;15 ;

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

You might keep in mind I'm thinking in my own situation ..not yours . Even Paul admitted and listed his failings , seems to me the second step is SERVING my Lord . The first step would be to ACCEPT him as a my Lord and savior . Through profession of faith , renewal through baptism and partaking in communion recognizing his teaching and sacrifice to me . Admitting I am his creation and all I am is due him .

Well heck that sounds pretty easy don't it ! But not really a lot of times . Satan , living in a fallen world and my own nature complicates things . I find I seek discernment and wisdom daily . In my own strange and 'wonderful' way I always think of the old life alert commercial ..Help me ! I have fallen and I can't get up ! Many times I need a hand up that only he can provide .

GOD is a reality . GOD is there to lead me and to help me . These are finite facts to me and if I don't rely on I him I am adrift in this place .

Philippians 4:13 ;
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

LOL , thought about putting up a lot more supporting verse but I'll stop there . The sword of GOD..his holy word is filled with his promises of faithfulness to us . I hope today is a good one for you .

I will put Kaylee up again...simply because I like it .

...............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o&list=RDBmx--WjeN7o&start_radio=1

Markopolo
05-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Bless Now on your day. May your efforts be multiplied

Going fishing for steelhead and sea run cutthroats.. long hike with hungry bears fresh out of hibernation. Don’t wanna end up inside one. Pray hedge of protection.

Boaz
05-19-2019, 06:34 AM
I might have enough coffee in me to at least make a little sense now , been up an hour or so . It rained all day yesterday and the day was uneventful . Even in that it was a blessing in that nothing bad happened . As a matter of fact I talked to a few people that their situations in this life had improved which is always uplifting .

You know although much of the book of Revelation is apocalyptic in it's description of the end time I find it much more uplifting than something to fear . I'll not attempt an interpretation of the scripture on the internet . BUT ! I would share these few lines of verse that need no interpretation because their meaning is self evident .

Revelation 21;1-5
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Although it's all good news and true you might dwell on verses four and five ;

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

I don't think it could be any more understandable than as written and needs no interpretation . More of GOD's promises to us , it even says to write it down...that's pretty profound . GOD does not fail in his promises of love and mercy . He has prepared us through his living word all along . I find great comfort in verse four ...'He will wipe every tear from their eyes'... my future of eternal life with him will not be scarred by this world . You make of it what you will .

It's my hope everyone has a great Sunday as we give thanks to our Lord in who he is and all he has done for us .

................................................ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvB-SfVRzOg

Boaz
05-20-2019, 06:34 AM
Well I rolled out...slowly . Got the coffee made (thank you Lord for Bunn coffee makers) got the starving dogs fed . Checked my email clicking off the ads for for senior's dating clubs , braces to cure lower back pain , special cut rate offers to check my DNA and other totally 'amazing' offers . It's past time to change my email address .

I don't sit around and dwell on the by gone days of yesteryear but I do find I periodically reflect and compare growing up to the times now . I don't yearn to go back there , our Lord has given the world much in the way of knowledge since then . His gifts can be used for good or evil , seems we get to chose many times . Occurs to me we have been given more to improve our lives here in the last hundred or so years than any time in the history of mankind . But as usual we pervert what's given to fulfill our own human cravings instead of strengthening our faith in our creator ..the giver of all things . It's no wonder GOD gave up using miracles to show that he WAS GOD . Only the faithful can see and give him credit instead of trying to find a scientific , technological reason for them . And when that fails they simply mark them off as an non explainable one time event , a fluke or lay it to the paranormal . How often does the news mention that GOD may have been involved ?

Well you can pick that apart ..lol . Could simply be the ravings of an old man . Hoping everyone here has a good day and hope you mention his name to others . Seems many have forgotten him out there ? He's still with us because death could not hold him .

Isaiah 42;18-20
“Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!
Who is blind but my servant,
and deaf like the messenger I send?
Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
blind like the servant of the Lord?
You have seen many things, but you pay no attention;
your ears are open, but you do not listen.”

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMOYGUrGg4

Boaz
05-21-2019, 07:07 AM
Woke to rolling continuous thunder this morning . Living in a relatively dry country this spring has been a wet one with much rain . Doubt the wheat farmers will make . Harvest should start next month but most of the wheat will be black rotted . Mattie the rat terrier is hiding in my bedroom closet shaking . My roof shingles are seventeen years old , had two big wind storms in March and April . Had shingles laying in the yard on the north side both times . Had to have it patched both times , will get a new roof this summer in late June or July . In this country if you don't do it in hot weather the shingles won't seal and you'll have constant heck with it . I live at the gateway to West Texas...the wind is always with us . An old joke in West Texas was ;

If your hat blows off your head don't chase it ...just grab the next one that rolls by .

Things change don't they ? Each day is a new experience , problems that happened long ago are forgotten..pushed back into the corners of our memory . What seemed life changing events are usually overridden by a new problem . We change to fit the new situation into our lives or dwell on it letting it possess us . Many seem to like hanging onto misery choking every bit of grief they can squeeze out of it .

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Much more supporting verse to be had . He is with us , GOD is constant . He is always there . Not to say as one who has failed many times but I speak from experience . Give it to him . It's what he wants ...to share our lives . He promises to help and GOD does not lie .

.............................................https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMAXhc0QTs

Boaz
05-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Yesterday was a pretty day . Sun was out , blue sky's and lots of mocking birds singing in the mesquites around the house when I went out in the morning to get in my SUV . I even stopped to listen to em for a few seconds after I opened the door to the SUV going to town . Wind was blowing some but here the wind always blows .

Haven't posted for a couple of days . Just caught up in daily life...I offer no excuses . I woke bout four in the morning day before yesterday and my son beat me up , he's staying with me right now trying to get his own business started since I closed and sold my shop back in February . His name is Robert Matthew , he didn't inherit my propensity to get up early so I knew something was amiss . Come to find out he had been up with a toothache all night . I got my shoes on and drove to the super Walmart in town and got him some toothache medicine ...but it didn't help . His face had started to swell so it was abscessed . He got it pulled yesterday so is better .

Also day before yesterday in the evening took my shoes off , thought the day was wound down . Thinking about making something for supper . Got a phone call . Lady in Dallas was excited saying Her sister with Alzheimer had fallen down behind her door at the rest home here and was screaming . She was blocking the door and the staff couldn't get to her . They didn't want to shove the door in because she might have broken a hip , hurt her back or whatever .

I put my shoes on and left to the nursing home . Got nearly there and an RN named Tina called me crying and telling about the lady , I told her I had talked to her sister and was almost there . Got there and the maintenance man and helper were trying to figure getting in the room . I'll cut the story short . He ended up getting the extension ladder while me and his helper held it while he climbed it and beat her second story window out with a three pound shop hammer . Climbed in and gently moved her enough so staff could get in .

Fire department EMT's showed about that time and it was a circus . They were contacting the Hospice nurse to come check her too because she's under Hospice care . Portable x ray people were called and her doctor to come . Four hours later I was feeding her in her Jerry chair in the lobby . She calmed down , she quit shaking , she wasn't hurt and they put her to bed .
We never know what he'll lay in front of us .

Well came in from spraying/killing weeds yesterday and went in getting a diet coke . My crew gathered round wanting to help . Left to right is Hershey , Mattie and Ariel . Thought ya'll ought to see the ones that I mention plus I was just sitting on my butt drinking a Coke .

...........................https://i.imgur.com/QGiFCHZ.jpg

We never know when we'll be called .

Isaiah 65:1
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

Likely the most used hymn used in an alter call or invitation in my world . I knew the words to it since I can remember . Discribes the most of us I would suspect . Always preferred it sung as a solo ...keep it simple ?

.............................................https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oSB3elWY4

Pine Baron
05-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Thanks for sharing Boaz. Man, you never know what's around the corner. All it takes is one phone call.

Markopolo
05-24-2019, 09:43 AM
With all that, you could look under your shirt and see if there is one of these under your shirt...

See what happens when you are 50% supernatural Holy Spirit???.

Have a blessed day. heading out to Men’s Prayer. Don’t forget to pray for my friend Scott and Beeman...

Boaz
05-24-2019, 10:23 AM
With all that, you could look under your shirt and see if there is one of these under your shirt...

See what happens when you are 50% supernatural Holy Spirit???.

Have a blessed day. heading out to Men’s Prayer. Don’t forget to pray for my friend Scott and Beeman...

I thank you for the thought but I'm no where near a superman . No self aggrandizement meant on my part . Just trying to show all the big , small and unexpected things that lay along the path . I fail many times .
Realizing my limitations I wonder at times in some of the situations he has seeming thrust me into . Most are much 'easier' than the nursing home situation I mentioned . So many times I know I can't 'fix' a problem but I'm put there anyway . It's not mine to 'fix' ...he is working .

I totally agree with you in trying to use the Holy Spirit in our lives every day .

Markopolo
05-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Your dogs are saying... “let’s Go Dad” or “whatcha wanna do now”

Alone we are nothing.. in the spirit, he makes us supermen to accomplish his will. We only fail when we don’t have faith. All through the Bible, God uses the “least of these” to accomplish his will.

John 14:12 NKJV
[12] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

It’s all in your perspective. Not to be prideful or boastful. But in our weakness, He can and does make us supermen.

2 Corinthians 11:30 NKJV
[30] If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.

Bless you sir.

Thanks for answering the call.. you had a choice. You chose to serve.

Marko

rca
05-24-2019, 03:31 PM

yes to that

Boaz
05-27-2019, 08:37 AM
Suns nearly up , the east is lighting up . Managed to not drink about two cups of coffee so got enough to make it to daylight . Been a morning of retrospective thinking...off and on . Things have changed .

We tend to think of our childhood or younger days as a better time . I was born in 1952 , grew up in a poor neighborhood the local folks called..Dogpatch . Basically just an old poor part of town . There was a lot of meanness and quite a bit of misery there . Old folks lived with their children or if they had done well they had an old house paid for . Few had teeth and they chopped their food up as they ate . Their biggest pleasure seemed to be sitting on the porch dipping Garrett snuff and spitting in an Arbucle coffee can . There were two kids on my street with polio , they wore the leg braces and had to be carried a lot . In elementary school they were always collecting money to buy iron lungs that people with lung and other ailments could live a while longer confined in one .

There was an old couple across the street , George and Lizzy . George was a plumber and Lizzy was a full blood Cherokee . Lizzie kept me during the day when I was small , don't know why but she called me Bo...I liked Lizzy . She would put her bonnet on and we'd go work in the garden and feed the chickens then gather eggs . Every once in a while we'd kill a rooster and dress it sitting on the back porch . Their grandson Steve lived with them . He stayed in the extra bedroom , he had muscular dystrophy . She would help him out on the front porch to a wood chair with arms so he wouldn't fall out of it . There was no air conditioning so it got dang hot in the summer . lol , we didn't have air conditioning either . Dad kept four old WW 2 army cots leaned up against the back of the house . Come time to go to bed you had a choice . You could stay in the house and near sweat to death till around one in the morning or sleep outside and fight the mesquites .

We had a one bedroom small house . Half the living room was mine and my sisters bedroom with a curtain mom made to separate us . We had chickens from time to time and grew a garden ...everyone had a garden that could work it . We were poor but I didn't know it . We ate good , bathed daily , went to church and were satisfied . My parents loved and took care of me and my sister .

In retrospect I'm glad my life growing up was like it was . When I see all GOD has given now , seeing people only wanting more it makes me think back to that time . Smallpox was still a danger , parents worried their children would get it . I remember families getting quarantined in their houses and neighbors bringing food and things leaving them on the porch . Medical problems that can now be prevented were a slow death then . You knew your children would most likely get scarlet fever , mumps , chicken pox , measles and a host of other contagious diseases that are non existent now .

GOD has given us a lot in a short period of time as we know it . I have been blessed beyond measure . In thinking of what was not so long ago it's hard to take all I have for granted . Thank you Lord .

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

He is with us ! He does not forget and he is ever there . Hope yours is a good day !

.................................................. .............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDeiy9-t2GE

Markopolo
05-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Very nice sir.

Boaz
05-28-2019, 08:07 AM
Been an extra quiet morning seems like ...after I got the dogs fed at least . Sun will be up in an hour and yea as usual I'm stretching out the coffee . If I finish off the first pot I have the compulsion to build another . Just another sign I'm not very bright being on water pills ...or maybe it's the mild obsessive compulsive nature/mental illness I have ? Am I simply just stupid or driven by an inner self destructive tendency ? lol , never been diagnosed with a compulsive 'disorder' but it has served me well in most situations having learned to harness it about 82% . The other 18% leads me astray at times . I'll let you decide . When you get it figured out let me know !

If you can't laugh at yourself don't even think about laughing at someone else . We all have eccentricities and tendencies that can be self destructive or self defeating . I like to think of myself as being pretty dang stupid usually . I'm not too impressed with what I 'think' I know , I'm more impressed with what I don't know . So therefore I can provide a perfectly logical excuse for everything when I screw up ...basically I'm just not very smart .

Since I delved into my past on the last post I'll do it again . Might seem an odd thing to put up but might provoke thought . I had three people that were important to me die when I was six years old . I'll start with Mr. Knolls .
Mister Knolls was an old man that lived five houses west on the same side on the street we lived on . He was a WW 1 veteran , Army cavalry , he had fought in France . He lived in a one room shack he built that had a lean to on the back . He still had his cavalry saddle and several old rifles . He would let me looked at them every once in a while .

lol , me when I was 5-6 years old .

https://i.imgur.com/6JQtk35.jpg

He was poor , I'd even say destitute . He had a horse lot in back of the house and kept a team of horses . He plowed gardens or anything he could do . I mentioned me and my sister delivering plates of food on our street and that's how I knew him . I'd go visit him pretty regular and he always put up with me , he didn't have any family close . Every once in a while he'd ask me to stay and eat with him . He would add extra water to one can of Campbel's soup and split it with me . He only had a few old time tin high rimmed plates and we would sit and eat watered down soup with a spoon . I though it was fun .

He lived next to old lady Barton , she had a nice house with a fence , fruit trees and a lot of flowers planted . One day she caught me sitting in her mulberry tree out by the alley eating mulberry's I figured I was in big trouble . She just told me not to fall out of the tree and went in the house . To end this story I'll speed it up .

Apparently Mr. Knolls was warming some soup or something and had a stroke or heart attack ..no one really knew . He passed out on top of the small cook stove setting himself on fire . It was after dark and he managed to drag himself outside to old lady Barton's fence hollering . She found him and My dad with several others loaded and hauled him to the hospital . Neighbors took turns sitting with him . He died in two or three days from the burns . My mother had sat with him taking turns with others . She was upset ..she said it was a terrible death and that he suffered a lot .

I liked Mr. Knolls , he was my friend .

Lord be close to all of us today . Lead us seeking your Holy Spirit to build ourselves in you . Guide us in purpose and thought to glorify you in our acts and words . Give us strength through your wisdom to lead . Help us to help one another here in holding you up as our vision . Thank you for all you have given . Amen

....................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oni0tO_HN30

Markopolo
05-28-2019, 09:16 AM
Amen, through the tears.

Boaz
05-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Thundering and lightening off to the east when I got up but hasn't rained yet . Looked at the weather ..massive rain storms and tornado alerts all day . Dang it's been a wet spring for here ! Mattie the old rat terrier keeps wanting me to hold her but she weighs bout 30 pounds and can't type and hold her at the same time ..lol . So she went and hid in my closet .

My mother's mother had a stroke when I was six years old . She was in the hospital for a week or ten days and they let her come home . My grandfather had nearly worried his self to death over it . He had 'asthma' , , it was just a general term for anyone that had breathing problems they couldn't nail down . They lived just down the street from us and since I could remember dad and me or my sister and mother rotated off staying with them every night . They had a nice little two bedroom house . lol , I remember laying in bed there with dad begging or trying to talk him into getting me a bb gun .

Grandma came home , mom went and got her . My grandma lived outside almost , she loved gardening , planting , planning flower beds . Grandpa often joked he had to 'make' her clean the house up . She got home and was not allowed outside ! Her left side was still partially paralyzed and her speech affected . She would try to talk to me and I couldn't understand her , I remember that bothered me .
It was several days after she came home mom let her go out in the back yard to look at her garden and flowers threatening her not to do any work . Grandma agreed and mom helped her down the back step with her cane .

I don't know how long she stayed out there but she managed to get back up the step coming through the open door fell under the kitchen table . Dad fell down on his knees calling her name trying to rouse her , mom was calling the ambulance . I crawled under the table on her other side from dad trying to talk to her . I was scared .

She was DOA reaching the hospital . Before the ambulance got there dad moved the table . Mom was holding her and crying . Dad took a small handful of weeds out of grandma's hand . She had been trying to pull weeds out of her flowers . I just knelt there crying and feeling helpless . We buried my grandma five days later .

Now before you feel sorry for me or think I'm seeking sympathy consider this happened over half a century ago . I have long since reconciled that it was just time for grandma to go home . It's not a scar ..only a memory . She lived a long and full life given by her creator . Death is inevitable ..choice is given through his offer of salvation . Eternal life is easily achievable simply through acceptance and faith .

Lord reveal yourself to us through you guidance , lend us the knowledge and way to share your love to others . Lend us strength to speak boldly your name relying on our own testimonial of you in our lives . Help us to be who you would have us be . Help us all to give confirmation and comfort to others through you . Constantly remind us of our weakness that we can find strength in you the source of all that is good . Amen

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

.................................................. .......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_cxhf5ISeg

Markopolo
05-29-2019, 12:12 PM
Grandma... oh how I remember mine and loved mine... one day, when I was about 13 and completely self absorbed, my grandma got sick with pneumonia. They admitted her into the hospital, and my mother stayed with her while she was in. She was doing better and was slated to come home in a day or 2. Something was going on at home, and I needed to talk to my mom, so I called her at the hospital room where my grandma was. My grandma answered the phone and I said “ Hi Grandma, can I talk to my mom?” And she handed my mother the phone and I went on to ask my mother about some trivial thing that mattered not. That very night, my grandmother died unexpectedly. My last communication with her was some selfish request. I didn’t even ask her how she was or how she was feeling. I never got to tell her what a difference she made in my life, or how I truly felt about her. This very thing plagued me for decades. I could never even discuss it without tears of regret. Even after I got saved, Satan used that guilt to punish and tourment me. She never would have wanted that. The Holy Spirit tends to move junk out of our lives when we turn those things over to him in brokenness.. I thank the Lord that I will see her again, and get my chance. I am sure she knew or knows, and what I learned years later was You should Never assume that somebody knows your mind. Never miss an opportunity to speak of love to your loved ones. They can disappear in this life without warning, wether we are ready or not. Love covers a multitude...

Marko

Boaz
05-30-2019, 08:35 AM
Later that year my family was called to Duncan Oklahoma . My dads mother was dying ..to me she was gandma Mary . She was on her deathbed , my aunts sat with her twenty four hours a day . She had a small two bedroom house her and my grandpa had bought during the great depression when their farm went bust during that time .

There was little room for everyone in her house . Me and my sister Susan were farmed out to Aunt Beulah's family where we slept on a pallet on the floor . My dad had eleven brothers and sisters ..grandma's house was packed with people . There were more cousins than I could remember their names . We were to be respectful of the situation and be quiet . It was scary with everyone crying , talking and just waiting for grandma to die .

I think we had been there three days , it was near dark and my uncles started taking children in grandma's bedroom where my aunts sat with her one at a time to see her for the last time . It came my turn and I was scared to death . I didn't want to see grandma Mary die . I didn't understand death except It was a terrible thing for the ones left and I would not see her again till I died . The whole thing was terrible . I was too young to understand .

Dad took me in . Two aunts sat at her bedside , grandma tried to talk to me but I wasn't listening ...I didn't want to hear it . Dad squeezed my shoulders saying ...Talk to her Charlie . This is the last chance you have . I was crying so hard I couldn't talk , I didn't know what to say . Dad finally took me out and mom talked to me . The standard things...Grandma was going home to a better place . Grandma Mary would never hurt again and I would see her again one day .

It was no consolation to me at all . I just wanted grandma Mary to stay here for me . Grandma died sometime that night . The children were kept away and only the adults stayed . Everyone was crying ...there was pure sadness .

I believe Grandma was ninety three years old when she died . She had lived an amazing life . Born in south Texas , went to Wyoming as a child with her family to hunt buffalo to sell meat to the army and hides out east . They moved back to south Texas and she married my grandpa . They moved to Indian Territory in 1897 . She drove a wagon cross country all the way giving birth alone in a dry camp in north Texas . Her first child..My aunt Pet . She raised twelve children ..one died at birth . She was considered a pioneer in Duncan and much was made of her passing .
I only have two pictures with her in them . This is her and my cousin Marcy listening to the radio in the 50's by an open window .

https://i.imgur.com/CjnaTep.jpg

Grandma was Pentecostal , her faith in our Lord was strong . I have her bible and she wrote more in it than Paul did . I don't doubt at all her faith in our Savior .

Death is fact . We will all leave this place to go to the next . Choice will determine that place and that too is a fact . The old folks had a much better concept and understanding of death here in my opinion . It was simply inevitable and you prepared for it . Of coarse many don't .
Seems by popular thinking now we can defeat or 'outlive' death through medical breakthroughs . That is false 'wishful' thinking . We are promised death by our Lord but at the same time promised eternal life . He leaves that choice up to us .

Just thoughts so cull em , pick and chose or avoid thinking about it at all . Makes you wonder how many have left this place unprepared don't it ? I'll say again this is not some morbid posting of old suffering or reaching out to fill a need by sympathy . It's just a telling of long ago when I didn't understand as a child . It's just memories that serve me well .

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

John 5:28-29
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damation.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord be with and steady us today . Level our path today and lead . Lend discernment and wisdom to do what you give in our path to guide . Thank you for our blessings that only come from you . Amen

.................................................. ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiLT4l0STXA

rl69
05-30-2019, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNh8Y5doq4&t=1269s

Boaz
05-30-2019, 09:42 PM
Good sermon Ronnie ..just need more of them .

rl69
05-30-2019, 09:48 PM
They cut off the end basically he said I have things to do,I quit

Boaz
06-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Well heck ! Coffee's long gone ...keep thinking about just making another half pot . I need to start going to coffeeaholics meetings I think . Being overly compulsive is a bummer at times . (do they sill use..Bummer ?) Time to get busy which busy now days at an advanced age ain't much . I thought to abandon this thread and let it slide off into the archival abyss of the form . I'm sure most are tired of me rattling on .

Everyday is a new experience . Of coarse we all have trouble/problems . GOD never told us this life he gave us would be without trial . Errant children , never enough money to satisfy wants , medical problems , trying to make everyone happy or temporally satisfied . Sick pets , leaking roofs , car won't start , grass needs mowing , your neighbor is weird and trying to walk the line with them . LOL , it's a hoot ...ain't it !

But then again the suns up . We have another day . Many will have woke up dead this morning . So I am blessed . My Lord has given me another day . I'm given to deal with it by myself OR I can ask him to help and guide me through it . It's always choice ..isn't it ? I'll have to be accountable for all my choices standing before GOD my father . But GOD the father and my Lord Jesus Christ are here with me to help and guide . I have been given the Holy Spirit to lead and intercede .

Many people can't talk about their own death and avoid the subject ...that is denial . Death is simply a part of life here and we are promised it . But 'life' does not end here in this place because we are also promised a better life with him . Realizing that I find great peace . LOL , I'm in no hurry to leave here to go to the next but I have the comfort and expectations of better things to come . All here will pass away . All I will leave behind will be in the memory of those I have touched .

It just depends on my choices today .

Heavenly father guide me Through another day . Lead me through your Spirit to gain strength and wisdom in thoughts , acts and words . Help me to glorify you in my life here . Thank you for giving me more than I ever thought possible through you love for me . Thank you for all given . Amen

Well one of the gifts we are given is a sense of humor . Just part of what he does to give happiness . Not a hymn but possibly a relevant thought to go with this post .

................................................ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHUDyK8Rt-8

Markopolo
06-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Bless your day Boaz... finish the race.

Boaz
06-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Dawn is breaking here . Eastern skyline is lighting up looking out the window . I used a little self control and actually have a little coffee left ! It started thundering about four this morning , Mattie is shivering at my feet while sitting at my desk typing this . There's nothing I can do to calm or console her . She is afraid of whats happening out there and doesn't understand .

I went to get a haircut several days ago . Went in and sat down , the young lady that always cuts my hair was working on a young black man about twenty two years old ...if I had to make a guess . Their were several others waiting and staring at their phones intently avoiding eye contact . I have found out that I am a threat to young people in many social situations . An old man like me might actually try to start a conversation , lol . The young lady finished up with the young black man and they both went to the other side of the shop where he paid her .

I just sat waiting . Didn't know if anyone else was waiting for 'my' young lady to get their haircut . I waited to be called . The young black man stopped in front of me on his way out smiling . He said...I got you sir holding his hand out . I stood shaking his hand curious and trying to place him or figure it out . He kept smiling and walked out . The young lady told me I was next .

Took my glasses off getting in the chair and she cut my hair . I stood putting my glasses back on and pulled out my wallet . She said...Oh ! the black guy paid for your haircut ! You don't owe me anything !

I was pretty amazed and walked to my SUV thinking , trying to put it all together . It was the first time a young black man ever bought me a haircut . I wished I had known why he had done what he did when I shook his hand as he left . It gave me a lot of thought . I'll not try to explain it because You now know as much as I do . But I hope I see that young black man again .

I'm not very smart and have always seen my and everyone's life as a story...we all have a story . Everyday I decide what that story will have in it . It is a simplistic way to provide awareness to me ? But as I said...I'm not very smart . There are stories all around me . I wonder what that young black man's story is ?

1 Corinthians 2:7
But we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory.

Colossians 2:2
That their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself.

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8cci28gFA

Markopolo
06-12-2019, 10:52 AM
A quote by Albert Pike..

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

I tend to follow that logic... no it’s not exactly biblical, but it is peaceful.

Pine Baron
06-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Boaz, I call that a God-wink. Angels are everywhere.

Boaz
06-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Long ago (seems like) I belonged to a really big church . It's now a mega church with a high dollar preacher and several associate pastors . There are dishes on the roof , antennas and all manner of equipment and crew to do live broadcasts of services and such . I belonged to this church for forty something years .

Back in the by gone day of yesteryear people would visit or call and ask if someone would come to their home and discuss the church . Doctrine , traditions or whatever was on their mind thinking to join the church . I was in my mid twenty's back then , went to the adult singles bible study (class) . Normally two would go to visit these folks , I was one of the volunteers to go . In a class of about fifty there were only four or five that would give the time to do it . I was working on drilling rigs seven days a week and it was hard to get the time but did what I could .

I was given the name and number of a family that had visited and wanted someone to come to their home and explain more about the church . As a partner to go I got saddled with a self absorbed loudmouth that was eat up with his own amazing awareness of scriptural superiority and was all knowing . I dreaded going with him though had never visited anyone with him .

I picked him up at his house at the appointed time and drove to the couples house . They were about our our age...mid twenty's . They invited us in and offed us a Coke . On a first visit I never carried a bible in but kept one in the car if needed . It was just a 'get to know you' meeting to me . My partner carried his in .

The couple had two little kids and I teased them and just talked to the parents . Where do you work , have you been going to another church , does your family live here in town , why are you thinking of joining the church . Just regular get to know you talk . My partner threw down on em from the time we sat down saying...Let us pray ! He kept flipping through his KJV during the conversation interjecting verse and just general bible thumping . This young couple was scared to death .
I'll cut the story short . It was a terrible experience for them...and me . It was embarrassing . Getting in my 67 Ford custom I was mad to say the least . My partner was pleased with himself saying...Well I think they'll come to church again this week ! I'll not repeat what my reply was but I assured him I'd never visit with him again .

On a different topic . I was leaving a nursing home about a month ago headed for my suv in the parking lot . There was an old man coming toward me using a walker . He was moving slow and I stepped off the sidewalk onto the pavement to give him plenty of room to pass . As I got closer he looked familiar . I stepped back on the sidewalk and got to him putting out my hand saying ...What's your name ?

He looked at me shaking my hand and said...My name's Ted . I was smiling big and said...I knew you were ! I haven't seen you in a while. He stared at my face and finally said ...I don't know who the hell you are . I laughed and and said...I'm Charlie , I worked floors for you when you were drilling for Luke Grace Drilling back in the 70's . He actually finally remembered me when we got to talking about the 'old days' .

I have seen Ted several times since then . He has terminal cancer and is taking a new treatment . In talking with him I tell him I'm praying for him . In the beginning he wouldn't talk about GOD but he is now . Ted is an old hard head , his wife and family are mostly all dead . But he does have two daughters that come to see him . If you can pray for Ted .

I was sitting in another rest home last night talking to two women . One in a wheelchair and one in a Jerry chair . Both are under Hospice care . There's a man named Kelly that comes and sits with me every time I show up . He was telling me he's trying to save enough money to hire a topless dancer to come and preform for him .

As a rule I pray with the two ladies before I leave holding hands . I always ask Kelly if he would like to pray with us . He just says...No I don't pray .

So ! I'll just leave you with the miss mash of thoughts today . But I will continue to ask Kelly to pray when I go there .

.................................................. ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66ThRLy9js

Markopolo
06-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Prayers sent for Kelly, and ted.. and you.

Boaz
06-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Thank you Marko....we all need prayer .

Goatwhiskers
06-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Well, I finally sat down and read this thread, and I'm glad I did. There are things about death that we "know" but can't or don't think about till later. It's been over a year since I lost my sweet wife, and there are still rough days, but they are getting fewer. You don't get over these things, you just get used to the idea of permanent change. One of the best things that happened was when my neighbor was at my door as soon as I got home after the wreck telling me NOT to blame myself, that accidents do happen in this world. Mostly when things get bad I just have a little talk with Jesus and things start to get better. Same with my physical ailments, I've been able to pretty much cut out the pain pills. If it weren't for the support of my son and his family don't know what shape I'd be in. Lot of prayers came from here too for which I am grateful. Gotta go, she's pretty heavy on my mind right now. God bless all here. GW

Boaz
06-18-2019, 06:59 AM
Well it's 4;30 as I start pecking this out with one finger . Got three cups of coffee in me and still making sure I'm still alive in this fallen world , lol . Still a little early to worry about the space time continuum , theory of relativity or worry about why magnets work . I thought it was challenging to feed the dogs when I got up . As a matter of fact I have just about decided I can't fix many problems in this place .

Seems folks want someone or 'something' to fix their problems ? The proud ask for no help instead like to stew in their own inability to fix everything . I know because I have been there . You know I don't know how many times folks have told me they believe in GOD and say they don't pray much . GOD tells us repeatedly in his word he is there for us . He DOES love and care about us . GOD does expect us to talk to him and include him in our lives everyday . He truly is our father .

Paul himself explains in 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 our condition ;

I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the LORD. 2I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-God knows. 3And I know that this man-whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows- 4was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the LORD to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Lets look at the last two verses 9 and 10 ;

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Now lets boil it down to the last sentence ;

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In the realization of our own weakness we are MADE strong through him . Matthew 11;28-30 explains it in simple terms ;

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

There's much more verse to support and confirm . It took me a long time to give up the idea I can change things myself . I speak from experience as an old sinner . I hope ya'll have a good day today ...I'm determined to ! Give it to him ! Lay it down and let him work on it .

Lord help us for another day . Be with us in Spirit and lead us in what you would have us do . Give us guidance and measure our words to honor you in all things . Thank you for all you do in our lives . Thank you for all you have given . Amen

He does love you and he does care . He does know your name .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXKWsfbizB4

Pine Baron
06-18-2019, 08:20 AM
Amen brother, just amen.

Boaz
07-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Well I have been preoccupied the last couple of weeks with...'stuff' . Had my shoulder replacement coming up , daily chores , getting in grocery's , extra dog food and mowing the yard before I went for surgery . Just a bunch of stupid stuff , being obsessive compulsive stupid things tend to wear on me when I let em .

Had the surgery last Tuesday morning , my son dropped me off at the hospital . The surgery went fine but I always have trouble with the anesthesia , was sick from that till I was released Friday . Got home and felt a lot better Saturday , started doing the simple passive exercises the theosophist gave and showed me how to do before I left the hospital . I was doing pretty dang good doing things and feeling fine considering the operation .

Went to physical therapy first time yesterday . A nice little girl named Kristi put a lot of hurt on me time I finally got out of there . lol , I went to bed early and got up an hour late this morning . I had a hard time making coffee and my mind was in a fog for an hour at least until the coffee and a pain pill kicked in . lol , I was incapable of rational thought .

But I'm good ! I have prospects ! It's a brand new day and I'm given things to do . I'm moving slow...but still moving ! I put up a prayer request for Gerald , a man that worked for me that had a massive stroke and was flown to Dallas in grave condition . I received a text from his wife that he was brought back to town day before yesterday . He has survived but the hospital in Dallas has done all they can for him . He is in a rehab facility here and I will visit him today . They left part of his scull off and will be air flighted back to Dallas later to have it replaced later if he survived his situation . I have talked to GOD already to prepare me for this meeting . To give me words , to be able to encourage .

I also received word of an old oilfield hand that I thought was probably dead . His name is Will , he is a good friend . I worked with him in the seventy's on rigs and maintained contact till about five years ago . His wife died and Will went down physically and was depressed . His two sons had to take care of him . They moved him to different rest homes and I lost him along the way . You can't look up people's cell numbers and such . I think I have found where he is . I know nothing of his physical or mental condition . It's a blind visit for me to make .

I am optimistic for today .

Lord help me . Lord be with me and guide me in the way I need to go today . Give me physical strength and presence of mind to seek your Holy Spirit . Be with all here in their lives today . We all need you Lord in everything we do . Thank you . Amen

Well I in a slow mode today so if you don't like slow music or bluegrass I recommend you not listen to this one . Hoping a good day for everyone as we climb that mountain together , He's right ! The view just keeps getting better !

.............................................https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3J8MDzSYY

jmort
07-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Respect for a man running the good race as Paul instructed
When I am down, I admit, fellowship and service do not register so much
God Bless you for being a good and faithful servant
And thank you for the good report
PT from people like Kristi is, by design, to put you to the test
God Speed Brother

Pine Baron
07-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Dang Charlie, this made me break out the juice harp. Prayers for you today. Please take it easy brother, don't push it too hard.

Boaz
07-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Thank you Pine Baron !

Boaz
07-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Thank you jmort .

Boaz
09-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Well ! I'll apologize to begin with for resurrecting this old thread that was heading to the forum archival trash pit . I happen to think yesterday that I didn't follow up on the my last post two months ago . Now I find it odd that came to me when I forget what I went to the grocery store for when I get there , lol . I'm pretty sure your tired of my 'ramblings' but felt possessed to at least finish what I started .

I had mentioned Gerald and Will in my last post . I need to finish that ...I think . Was it given by him for it to occur to me or was it just a misfired synopsis in my brain at the time ? Well I'll let you figure it out I guess . But anyway I am possessed to give that report .

As I start I wonder which I will start with . It's the old...Well ! There's good news and bad news ! Which do you want to hear first thing . Having decided in about four seconds that neither is bad news I'll just proceed .

Having lost track of Will several years ago I was told he was living in an assisted living facility not far from me . I had been there many times in the past and knew the layout . Drove there , parked and went in to the front desk inquiring Will's apartment number . It was an older lady and she instantly looked distressed . In the most sympathetic she could she explained that Will had passed away three years ago . She was expecting a bad reaction from me ...I could tell .

She was very sympathetic and gave me her condolences . I reassured her that I had doubts of him still being with us and that at least I knew where he was now . I thanked her and left . Driving out I was a little sad I didn't get to see Will but I did know where he was . He is home now .

Now Gerald . I had asked for prayer in his cause here in the Chapel and many prayed for him . Of coarse his church and others were seeking intervention for him also . Gerald is about mid fifties , wife and three children . He worked for me part time for the last eight years , he was always dependable and a workaholic .

A few months ago he got off work on his full time job (shop at Walmart) went home and never even went in the house . He got the lawnmower and started mowing the yard . He had a massive stroke , He tried to hold himself up by clinging to the chain link fence . When he passed out his head fell on the v shaped barbs on top and ripped part of his skull up . His son found him and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital .

I'm going to cut this story short because there was much that happened . But he was care flighted to Dallas , they removed part of his scull . He was sent back here and made three more flights to Dallas due to his situation . Gerald was in bad shape...believe me . It didn't look promising at all .

Last week ;

I had lunch with Gerald in the dining room of the rehab he is in . His skull has been replaced , he has to wear a helmet . He is talking , feeding himself , going to physical therapy and can talk . They told him he might get to go home in two weeks .

John 5;8-15

Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.
And that day was the Sabbath. The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, “It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”
He answered them, “He who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your bed and walk.’ ”
Then they asked him, “Who is the Man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?” But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”
The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

Thank you for your indulgence of an old man and his thoughts . Our Lord is with us in all things .

Lord thank you for all you do in our lives . Give us patience , forbearance of others as we seek you in our lives . Give us direction and put our feet on the path you would have us go . Strengthen us to do what you would have us do and give us the words to do it . Thank you for loving us , the mercy you give every day with your forgiveness of our sin when we ask . Amen

https://imgur.com/9UEMO2Z