PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn for sale or trade!!!

blltsmth
04-13-2019, 01:22 PM
I Recently purchased a .32 caliber CVA Squirrel Rifle barrel, in the white (now, anyway)that was surplus at a going out of business sale at a local gun shop. The shop had received water damage at some point in it's history and most of the muzzle loader barrels the gentleman had had been cleaned up and most of the bluing removed during that process. They were then oiled and tightly wrapped in newspaper to preserve them. I was more than willing to buy such a barrel since I have a CVA .36 caliber squirrel rifle I could then make a switch barrel gun out of and shoot either a .32 or 36 caliber when I so chose to. I even went and bought the extra parts like the under rib, thimbles, new ramrod, bolster and extra nipples so I could assemble it into a new barrel and away I would go! On the assembly day I unwrapped the barrel to brown it and get this project started when I discovered it was drilled for a LEFT HAND BOLSTER!!! Here's the predicament----cut the barrel off, re-thread the breach plug(hooked tang)drill and re-thread the bolster on RIGHT side, or see if anyone would be WILLING TO TRADE AN ALREADY ASSEMBLED TAKE OFF .32 CALIBER Squirrel Rifle barrel for this one? What have ya got? Willing to send pics via tapatalk to whoever is interested or would consider selling barrel separately if need be for you to finish. NO RUST. Some smudges of bluing/discoloration on barrel, but nothing that won't clean up with a little 00 steel wool. Discussion by PM,Phone numbers also sent via tapatalk. Figure selling price of barrel around $150, full, ready to assemble kit, $100 more plus about $20 in postage. LOOKING FOR A TRADE 1ST!!! PM ME!

blltsmth
04-14-2019, 01:11 PM
Bump it up 1x!

blltsmth
04-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Please close thread.