PDA

View Full Version : Log in requests

Hahndorf1874
04-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Hi,
Any one else having to log in almost every 2nd day?

Cheers Hahndorf1874 Mal.

RED BEAR
04-10-2019, 07:41 PM
No works just fine for me.

Winger Ed.
04-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Not really a problem.

But something that's odd- when I log in, it says invalid something or another.
When I log in a second time a few seconds later, it goes through fine.

AllanD
04-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Not really a problem.

But something that's odd- when I log in, it says invalid something or another.
When I log in a second time a few seconds later, it goes through fine.

I need to log in every day.

BTW love your signature, another saying I've always liked is Any ****ED FOOL can learn from their own mistakes, but it takes a bit of intelligence and wisdom to learn from the mistakes of others.

MrWolf
04-11-2019, 11:11 AM
I rarely ever have to re log. Are you using another computer in between causing a log out?

ShooterAZ
04-11-2019, 11:32 AM
This might have something to do with your browser's cookie settings.

DCP
04-11-2019, 12:44 PM
This might have something to do with your browser's cookie settings.

Bingo

JBinMN
04-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Bingo

Ditto #2.

If you are clearing "history", including "cookies", or "site prefernce", or both. Tat may likely be the issue. I use both Chrome & Firefox, but have been using FF more frequently & if you clear cookies, even with "site pref." unchecked it will log you out of most all sites. I don't recall right now, but I think Chrome does not do that. ( I think it is because they seem to be tracking folks internet travels, just like the Google search engine has been shown to do, which I why I do not use them very much any more. ;) )

gwpercle
04-11-2019, 03:20 PM
When I connect to the site there is always a log in instruction at first , as if I'm not logged in .
But something is wrong with that prompt .

If I just click on the forums button ...it goes to the forums and shows me as logged in with my name , last visited date , unread post count , post count and any notices just as pretty as you please .

Next time, don't log in , just click on the Forums button and see what happens... It might show you as already logged in !

Gary

Froogal
04-11-2019, 03:34 PM
I have my browser set to delete history and cookies when I close out, which I do at the end of every day, so yes, I have to log in fresh everyday.

Hahndorf1874
04-12-2019, 01:53 AM
Thanks Gary will try that,had o log in again today,hardly ever had to before may be 3 times a year!!

Cheers Mal.

gwpercle
04-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Seems the not logged in, click on forum and magically logged in started about a year ago , don't know why , another member said to just go to the forums . Once I realized what was going on I stopped all the logging in every time foolishness ... that gets old quick .

When I go to this site it shows me as not logged in...every time. I click on forums and I'm logged in.... I find this easier than trying to monkey with computer settings....I tend to mess things up when I go the monkey route.
Gary