PDA

View Full Version : Interesting incident today In Church.

frkelly74
04-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Our pastor, Pastor Mike, is in the habit of holding a childrens sermon after the "adult " sermon and I always get a little extra insight into how faith should work from them. Today Pastor Mike called the children to gather up by the altar and when everybody was settled down he hauled out a small fire proof safe and proceeded to tell everyone that inside the safe was an item feared and hated by a large portion of the population. I was thinking " Pastor Mike would not bring his Sig to service, would he? " I know he has his carry certification. But, everyone was paying attention right then. So he opened the safe and said Many, many people have a dread of what I am about to pull out of this safe. Can you guess what it is? The suspense built, and then the answer. It was a yellow door hanger bag with literature about our church and a Video of the book of Acts acted out word for word. He has been trying to get us to take these out and pass them on to our neighbors for 6 months and there are still some left at church where they will do no one any good. We are all called to share the truth, why don't we?

rl69
04-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Great stuff :) I love to have my toes stepped on

Secound Tim two: two

xs11jack
04-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Pray for the strength to overcome the hesitation that the devil puts in your mind to stop you from winning souls.
Ole Jack

waksupi
04-08-2019, 10:42 AM
I find it to be someone's assumption of what my faith may or may not be. There are many doors for many religions in heaven. Why would I change my beliefs, when those who come to my door don't care to hear mine?

fatnhappy
04-08-2019, 10:51 AM
I find it to be someone's assumption of what my faith may or may not be. There are many doors for many religions in heaven. Why would I change my beliefs, when those who come to my door don't care to hear mine?

Maybe because you opened the door sans pants?

sparky45
04-08-2019, 10:55 AM
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

buckwheatpaul
04-08-2019, 03:32 PM
My mind was spinning trying to figure out what he was going to pull out....I figured it was a Bible....but I love his perspective!

skeettx
04-08-2019, 03:35 PM
OUCH!
Well done :)

abunaitoo
04-08-2019, 06:37 PM
After the hanger bag, did he pull out the Sig????
Would have been a great learning lesson.
God, Guns, and Guts. Make America Great Again

Texas by God
04-08-2019, 07:28 PM
I find it to be someone's assumption of what my faith may or may not be. There are many doors for many religions in heaven. Why would I change my beliefs, when those who come to my door don't care to hear mine?Exactly. A Mormon knocked on my door one day and I met him with a shotgun not because he was a Mormon, but because he had to drive 3/4 of a mile on a private oil well Gravel Road to reach my house that cannot be seen from the County Road. He started his Spiel and I interrupted him and started my spiel about trespassing laws. I never pointed the gun at him nor racked the action but I think he got the idea. I am a fundamental Baptist and I'm sure he has no use for my views. My wife says I remind her of Robert Duvall in the movie Secondhand Lions LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hiram1
04-12-2019, 02:58 PM
omg your killing me waksupi
tells it like you see it

jmort
04-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Why so serious?
No big deal if someone wants to "share"
Had a couple Morman kids on bikes, on their mission, who insisted on interrupting me while I was watching my daughter play baseball.
They wanted me to pray about what they shared, and I said I would if they gave me their word that they would pray about forsaking the Book of Mormon. They had never considered that, clearly.
I am of the strong opinion, and certain there is one door into Heaven.
But I could not care less if someone thinks otherwise.
I have determined that Jehovah Witnesses will leave quickly if you tell them you want to have a dialogue that includes Jesus as part of the trinity.
They will disembark forthwith.
But I take no umbrage at those who are feverent in their beliefs.