PDA

View Full Version : Why don't posts in Swapping and Selling increase my total posts?

AltAmmo
04-02-2019, 06:52 PM
I don't want to clog up this forum with useless posts to get my post count up, but I do not have enough posts to create a new thread on Swapping and Selling.

Preacher Jim
04-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Allammo the rule tells other members a lot about you in your posting. This forum has a place to sell as a convenience for members not a place just to sell. We are not e bay

JimB..
04-02-2019, 07:18 PM
I don't want to clog up this forum with useless posts to get my post count up, but I do not have enough posts to create a new thread on Swapping and Selling.
And please avoid clogging up the forum with useless posts, we already get plenty of those when folks aren’t trying (I kid!)

ShooterAZ
04-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Posts in both the Pit and in Swapping & Selling don't count toward your post totals. I suggest joining in on some discussions, share some knowledge, and get your post count up the right way. Here's a clip from the rules:

30/30 – You must be a member for 30 days and have a minimum of 30 meaningful on topic posts to start a thread in S&S. Posts in the Swap & Sell and the PIT do not count towards the minimum 30 posts.

AltAmmo
04-05-2019, 09:53 AM
I have been a member on here for close to four years, but I am more of a lurker than a poster. I have spent hundreds of hours reading posts. Using the search effectively yields 99% of the answers I seek, and provides me with more info than I need in most cases. I'll play by the rules, but just wanted to understand them first. Most everything I know, I learned on here. No need to repost!

mattw
04-05-2019, 10:24 AM
The S&S forum is largely about trust. That being said, if you are a regular poster and not **'ing your way thru life it will show in your posts. Many things are posted over and over as the posts either do not search well or are forgotten. If you are an experienced loader, you will be able to contribute to a discussion every now and then. Besides, differing point of views on a topic is what makes it interesting here.

Dusty Bannister
04-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Just look at the privilege of selling on the S&S forum as an earned benefit of participating on the forum. It is great that you have the initiative to search the archives for the information you want, but often times subscribers are unable to use the correct key words in the search window. Then they just are not able to find their answers.

I often view past posts and participation to gauge the level of experience before I engage someone that appears to be new to the forum. A member with low post count asking about paper patching probably has a lot more experience than someone asking how to adjust the crimp die. Feel free to join the discussions.

corbinace
04-05-2019, 01:24 PM
AltAmmo,

I empathize with your feeling of not being able to add value to the discussion. Many, such as myself, struggle with ramming our point of view down our fellow firearms enthusiasts throats. I just try to remind myself that I am offering a point of view and the reader is welcome to use it or leave it. It is unlikely, however, that my point of view is unique. It has all been said or done before.

I have probably deleted as many posts before actually posting, as I have posted. I proof read read them and try to quantify if there is anything that is not sounding charitable or valuable to the readership. If it does not meet those tests, I just Cancel. Better to be quiet and thought of as ignorant, than to post and remove all doubt.

jmort
04-05-2019, 03:24 PM
I find it hard to believe you cannot find something useful to add to a thread 22 more times.
It appears you like paper-patching and ARs
Search those two topics and find 22 threads that interest you.
You can do 11 posts a day for two days and hit it on Sunday.

sureYnot
04-05-2019, 04:17 PM
May I help you out by asking what was the last interesting thing you researched and learned here?
Preferably about the AR platform, as I'm only a few years into it. However, paper patching has me curious as well.
There are so many subtopics and so much to know....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Edward
04-05-2019, 07:42 PM
I have been a member on here for close to four years, but I am more of a lurker than a poster. I have spent hundreds of hours reading posts. Using the search effectively yields 99% of the answers I seek, and provides me with more info than I need in most cases. I'll play by the rules, but just wanted to understand them first. Most everything I know, I learned on here. No need to repost!
Yup there is good reason ,you repost and it might start / renew a thread that I have not seen before and have an interest in. So share and we all win/Ed

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Few people post Range reports anymore...I'd like to see more range reports.

If you prefer not to participate in "Question" posts, whether asking or answering, then consider posting what you are doing. Like a range report, or posting about a casting session, or reloading session or a hunt? ...maybe you have found techniques, in regards to cast boolits, that others would like to hear about.

There are dozens of things we boolit casters do, that are different than those who reload using factory bullets...we modify tools and tooling, or sometimes we use tools and tooling for different purposes than intended...If you've gotten your feet wet in casting/loading cast/shooting cast...surely you've discovered this. Share some of your hints,tips,tricks.

Lastly, I moved this thread from "Testing" to "Our Town"...since it better fits your concern...plus it just added 2 more posts to your post count...yeah, "Testing" and a few other areas do NOT add to your post count either.

BigAlofPa.
04-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Jon is there a certain area for range reports? Thanks Al

osteodoc08
04-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Jon is there a certain area for range reports? Thanks Al

Most are batches by firearm type. Handguns, leverguns, military arms, etc. a range report can go there on a specific firearm or simply my town if just an overall righteous range trip.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Al,
it depends.
If I'm posting a report about a Levergun with a certain style of boolit...I would post it in the levergun section, But I may consider posting it in "Molds" if it is a new mold on the market, Or maybe in Group Buy results, if it was a recent Group Buy mold. If I was using a unusual Powder, I may post it in Canister powder section. If I was doing a Ladder test, I may post it in the CB loads your Favorite cartridge.
There is no ONE correct answer.

BigAlofPa.
04-05-2019, 09:59 PM
Ok awesome thanks. Then i did it right with my 223 thread. And on the hi point carbine grouping question. :-P

gbrown
04-05-2019, 10:03 PM
"Useless posts" Hmmm, an interesting thought. Not belittling, being disrespectful, challenging, etc. I started reloading when I was 15 or so. Started casting at about 16. 5,000 .30 M1 carbine bullets with a H-G gang mold IIRC--got sucked into that by a friend who made the deal. He couldn't do it, so he got me involved. Sized-lubricated them with a Star he provided. Learned real quick. LOL Anyway, my point is, I still don't know it all. Get on the forums of your interest and ask questions--learn something from the knowledge base here. These people know it. Ask for help, you'll get it. Do you want to learn about the hobbies we all love or just sell something? Again, Not belittling, being disrespectful, challenging, etc. I'll also add, I've sold plenty on this forum. Thing is, it's not so much about the money I make as finding a good home with someone who needs or wants what I have (and I don't need or have use for). Sometimes no one is interested--Oh, well. I've helped a few people out with things, sometimes with no payment, sometimes they pay shipping, sometimes not.

country gent
04-05-2019, 10:24 PM
A lot even like hearing about a range day and what went on, how you did, or what was done tested. Load development, tuning a new to you firearm. Also a lot of us don't see any useless posts asking question or posting on topics. Its all important

waksupi
04-06-2019, 09:57 AM
I've been at this for a lot of years, and still always have questions. There must be something you want to learn more about?

Markopolo
04-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Few people post Range reports anymore...I'd like to see more range reports.

If you prefer not to participate in "Question" posts, whether asking or answering, then consider posting what you are doing. Like a range report, or posting about a casting session, or reloading session or a hunt? ...maybe you have found techniques, in regards to cast boolits, that others would like to hear about.

There are dozens of things we boolit casters do, that are different than those who reload using factory bullets...we modify tools and tooling, or sometimes we use tools and tooling for different purposes than intended...If you've gotten your feet wet in casting/loading cast/shooting cast...surely you've discovered this. Share some of your hints,tips,tricks.

Lastly, I moved this thread from "Testing" to "Our Town"...since it better fits your concern...plus it just added 2 more posts to your post count...yeah, "Testing" and a few other areas do NOT add to your post count either.

Tell it John!!!!!!

lefty o
04-06-2019, 11:20 AM
want to get your post count up, participate in the forum. its really that simple. wont take long to get your count up.

JBinMN
04-06-2019, 02:37 PM
You could even post in the, "What did you do in the Reloading room today?" topic, and share your doins there.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?261500-What-did-you-do-in-the-reloading-room-today

There is plenty one can post about if they really want to find a subject to post in here. It is also pretty easy.
Just look at how many have posted here other than you in trying to assist & encourage you.

Heck, if ya like to eat & to cook, you could even post in the recipes sub forum.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Cookin-Recipe-s

How about a hunting trip? You can share that too. Even if it happened some time ago.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Hunting-with-CB-s
or,
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Outdoorsman

Jump in, post more, & "get your feet wet.". It is painless, and can actually be fun.
;)

G'Luck! whatever ya do!
:)