PDA

View Full Version : NOT A $50 870 Any More

Johnch
03-31-2019, 05:18 PM
My Brother bought what he THOUGHT was a $50 870 with 2 barrels the other day
Along with the Savage 25 for me
His is also griping he had to do the 4473 for the 2 guns , as the dealer charged $30

LOL He shoots guns
But I help keep them clean and fix them if I can

That $50 870 was that price
For Part because it needs parts , even so it still be a decent priced shotgun

BUT it is missing the firing pin . Firing pin spring , the extractor , extractor spring , the extractor spring plunger , the Mag tube spring and the Mag tube follower

I have many of the parts , but he will have to order some of them

And I am enjoying giving him a hard time about buying a shotgun that wouldn't even fire LOL :-P

John

Hardcast416taylor
04-01-2019, 03:25 PM
That almost sounds like what happened to a friend of mine. He got a `TERRIFIC ` deal on an 870 with slug barrel and was drilled for a scope and had the mount already on. It was when he tried to remove the barrel at home to thoroughly clean the gun that he discovered that the front mount screw was drilled thru the rear of the barrel and was then D/T and screwed together. I only know that he and the previous owner had words - lawyer being one of them.Robert

white eagle
04-01-2019, 03:30 PM
looks good any way

skeettx
04-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Will be nice to see the old gal shooting again
Well done
Mike

Petrol & Powder
04-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Well he purchased a $50 receiver and some parts. That's not horrible. In the end he will still have a 870 for way less than a new one.

I once went through an entire rack of used police trade-in 870's and found one that had beat up wood but was almost perfect inside. They were already on sale and I made a low offer due to the sorry conditioned the stock and fore end. We negotiated a little and I walked away with a very good 870 for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I went home and swapped out the wood for a another set I had from a like new take off and I was happy with the entire endeavor.

To the OP, I think your brother may have found a decent bargain even if you must do a little work to get it functioning.

Texas by God
04-02-2019, 12:58 PM
If he got two good barrels for $65 he is way way ahead of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cwlongshot
04-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Wait... your dealer CHARGES additional fees because a 4473 is required? The form that is Federally REQUIRED for every dealer firearm purchase???

Dealers here will change this if you purchase ONLINE or have a gun shipped in top be transferred thru them. But NEVER EVER on a gun that they are selling or have gotten in for you to buy.

Just wondering if I read correctly...

CW

Johnch
04-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Wait... your dealer CHARGES additional fees because a 4473 is required? The form that is Federally REQUIRED for every dealer firearm purchase???

Dealers here will change this if you purchase ONLINE or have a gun shipped in top be transferred thru them. But NEVER EVER on a gun that they are selling or have gotten in for you to buy.

Just wondering if I read correctly...

CW

Around here
If you buy a gun at a auction , they have a dealer do a "Sale" form and a 4473
You sort of buy the gun from the dealer

I was told that it keeps the "Wrong" people from buying guns

John

starmac
04-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Some of our auctioneers have started pulling that business, but they do have an ffl onsite usually that just charges 10 bucks though.

The first auction I was at that pulled that, cost them some sales. There was several muzzle loaders that I was interested in, so I ask if they thought they were included in their new rules, the dummies waited till they were sold before they got back to me on it.