PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Forum

Alstep
03-26-2019, 12:59 PM
I occasionally wander over to the Ruger forum and thought I'd sign up. However, there's no way to do so, at least I don't see how. I know I'm a computer dinosaur, but can someone clue me in?

Texas by God
03-26-2019, 01:16 PM
I'm no help; I couldn't manage it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Camper64
03-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Did you try clicking on the Register option and select FREE?

Tom W.
03-26-2019, 03:05 PM
If you have an e-mail address that is yahoo, gmail or some such common carrier you aren't going to get on. I was a member there since 2002 or so, but when I got my new laptop I had forgotten what my old address was, as I had moved to a different city and where I am it was easier to use yahoo. The people that I did have my account with sold to some other company so using them to access my old address was futile.

DougGuy
03-26-2019, 03:43 PM
A lot of forums will not let you register with free email accounts, yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc. Once you prove you have a paid up subscription through an internet provider, you can register. After registration you can usually post using any email address, free ones included. This is to keep bots from outsmarting the restrictions and gaining access where they can spam ppl, gather user names and emails, etc...

There are two major Ruger forums, rugerforum.net and rugerforum.com not the same boards, rugerforum.net has some full blown NAZIS for mods, rugerforum.com plays favorites to some users by moving posts by other users to the less traveled child forums. They can both kiss my ***.

tunnug
03-26-2019, 03:48 PM
I'm on there and have a hotmail account, if I remember correctly I had to contact the forum administrator to show I wasn't a bot once I had filled out the sign up section.

Texas by God
03-26-2019, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'm with Doug. I can talk Rugers here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Alstep
03-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a place I'll just view from the sidelines.
I like it a whole lot here anyway, hard to beat this bunch.

243winxb
03-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Bottom of page " Contact Us" https://rugerforum.net/sendmessage.php

If the other one, (.com) contact the administrator.

knifemaker
03-26-2019, 10:36 PM
DougGuy is right about rugerforum.net being run by a person who acts like a Nazi. He is a retired gunsmith and he believes it is his way or the highway for members. I used to be a member there and I posted some load date, I believe it was the "Skeeter" load for the 44 special for another member to use in a Ruger Blackhawk. Mr. Nazi mod chastised me on the open forum and informed me that no load data will be posted that is not in a powder factory load data book.
I came back and stated that it was a good thing that Elmer Keith did not adhere to that policy or the 44 mag. would never have been developed. He banned me for 10 days. This is a far better forum for firearm users and the rules are simple and clear and not made up on someone's whim because they want to be top dog.

phonejack
03-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Opinions on the .net forum are correct.

DougGuy
03-27-2019, 09:05 AM
DougGuy is right about rugerforum.net being run by a person who acts like a Nazi.

Although you are correct in your statements, it was not him, it was his cohort LA Guns. This mod deleted posts, edited my posts on the open forum to his liking, got into my PM's and deleted content in my replies he didn't like. I have a screenshot of my inbox to prove it.

Funny, after I was perm banned from there, I got accused of "running down the forum and talking trash about the mods." So, as the mods are having their coffee I am certain that comments in this thread have been brought to their attention. This is me telling the truth about my experiences on the rugerforum.net forum. All of my comments about said forum have been truthful accounts of the incident(s) described. I guess it all depends on how one looks at it?

mold maker
03-27-2019, 09:16 AM
I like Rugers but have no need to discuss it with snobs. After all, we are welcome here.

Snow ninja
03-27-2019, 09:18 AM
I'm a member of the dot com. I lurked around on the dot net one for a bit but didn't like what i saw. I don't have any problems with the dot com one. Just like any other forum, it's going to have it's "characters". There's always gonna be someone who thinks they know more than everyone else. I just take everything with a grain of salt.

smoked turkey
03-27-2019, 11:26 AM
I know nothing about the Ruger forum, and I have never been on it to my knowledge. That said I am very happy here and don't plan to search the pastures for a "greener field". I think this one is as green as they get!

Land Owner
03-28-2019, 07:14 AM
Not defending or criticizing here.

Site OWNERSHIP dictates content. Memberships are voluntary and subject to site rules. Many forums are owned, funded, and managed privately. Rugerforums.net content is not PUBLIC nor subject to public "privilege".

Forum content is subject to the rules of the site owner. Read the Forum Rules to understand how a site will be managed.

Bookworm
03-28-2019, 05:37 PM
^^^^^ amen brother.

I've often wondered why folks complain about certain forums.. It's like complaining about the clientele of a bbar, but still frequenting the joint.

If ya don't like it, don't go there !

Smoke4320
03-28-2019, 05:46 PM
I find it like reviews on many buy/sell sites .. it helps me steer clear of wasting my time and or money on what will probably be unsatisfactory products

243winxb
03-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Seen a moderator change more then a few persons opinions ,on a forum, to his preference.

I no longer go there.