PDA

View Full Version : Didn't even think about casting/loading today...

44Blam
03-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Instead, I went to the range and shot boolits all day until the shotgun range opened up. Then we went and shot a few hundred clays.
Good day indeed.

JBinMN
03-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Nothing wrong with enjoying the "fruits of your labors"!

Glad to read ya had a great time!
:)

Winger Ed.
03-25-2019, 12:25 AM
Whew,,,, I was worried there for a second and thought you might need a intervention.

kevin c
03-25-2019, 03:06 AM
Good for me to read this.

While I enjoy making my own, finding great satisfaction in both the process and the end product, I enjoy the shooting more, which is why I got into casting and reloading in the first place.

I just finished casting, coating and sizing 10 K 9mm. They've been waiting these past couple weeks. Time to load them up and shoot!

cwlongshot
03-25-2019, 07:19 AM
I was 100% opposite... I PLANNED on range time... Never made it cause I CAST ALL DAY! :lovebooli

Good times all around!!

CW

georgerkahn
03-25-2019, 07:46 AM
I am quite (albeit pleasantly :) ) jealous of all here above posters! As I type, it is 16.3*F outside, with four to six inches of desolation dust (aka snow) still on ground -- much above one to three inches of ice. I took a spill (I AM a non-drinker ;) -- quite sober) as I missed a cellar step Thursday -- with, albeit nothing broken (as confirmed by a six hour in hospital visit) -- I can, now, be but happy for all the casters and the shooters!
First night "since" I mostly slept; pain has subsided and motion -- well, iffy more -- but am ever so grateful to be on the mend.
Those who may: Cast, cast, cast; and, shoot, shoot, shoot!!!!!!!!
geo

Rustynails
03-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Went to Enon, PA (1 1/2hr drive) to buy my first progressive press: Dillon 550C in 9mm and additional 45 acp quick change kit , 1500 rds of 45 acp and 9 mm copper plated bullets, roller handle, and a primer flip tray. Still haven't unloaded it and can't set it up until I finish my rustic barn wood desk/reloading bench. Today was is like Christmas. Good day! Maybe I'll cast tomorrow before the sun's up, I do need at least 300 rounds and hour to keep the new Dillon happy... I better start soon.