PDA

View Full Version : Do you have NOE 359-88-RF-S2?

BNE
03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
I am interested in this mold for .380s and possibly for a light 9mm round.

Do you have this? I would like to buy or make a trade for ~100 cast bullets from this mold.

I have assorted brass, Tin, Foundry and old fashioned cash...

Also, has anyone used these in 9mm? Did it work?

BNE
03-23-2019, 09:23 PM
Come on, No one has this? Does anyone have a similar weight bullet?

sureYnot
03-23-2019, 10:04 PM
Dang, I really wish I could help since you do so much good here. If you're just checking how it handles weight, maybe I can. I have some 90gn jhp I'd be happy to share with you.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

pull the trigger
03-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Maybe post the question of how it works in the other sections. Also, the resale seams pretty good on most of these quality molds, I'm sure if you bought it and used it, it would sell on here easy enough if you didn't like it. Sorry I'm of little assistance.

georgerkahn
03-24-2019, 07:48 AM
BNE - I've seen :( no productive response to your inquiry. My "go to" .380ACP mould is made by Night Owl Enterprises -- their NOE 359-92-RN .380 Auto 2 cavity PB Brass (359242) mould. I now have two challenges, to wit: there's still ~5" of snow outside -- I "need" >42*F for me to go out and cast; and, I missed a step going downstairs two days ago, coming down on concrete -- right hip, like a rock! Good news here is no X-ray discernible fractures -- BUT, my mobility has REALLY been challenged. QUITE the bruising! IF you're not in a real super-jag -- give me (I hope) between two and three weeks -- I should be able to cast and gift you some.
Re your second question, the .380ACP IS "9mm Kurz" calibre ;) -- but :) re the 9mm Luger & Parabellum (9 x 19mm) -- I have nothing in this caliber -- hence, have shot this only in the .380ACP.
I'm hoping someone else will step up to address your want -- but, if not, I'll PM you when I can make it out, and check if you still want some.
geo

myg30
03-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Pm sent with mold questions

Mike

SWANEEDB
03-24-2019, 06:53 PM
I am interested in this mold for .380s and possibly for a light 9mm round.

Do you have this? I would like to buy or make a trade for ~100 cast bullets from this mold.

I have assorted brass, Tin, Foundry and old fashioned cash...

Also, has anyone used these in 9mm? Did it work?

Hi Barry, We have some 380's that we cast for our 380, were cast in a NOE forget the mold number but can look when I can get to the garage. We did shoot them in a 9mm also, worked well as I recall. These weigh about 92/93 grs, can send to you if you would like to try, little over 100. I know we'll not ever use them anymore as age has done it's thing, most all if not all will be hitting the road one way or another. Thanks for your past help on helping IDing our lead.

BNE
03-24-2019, 09:00 PM
You guys are all great. Thank you for your responses. I have received a couple of PMs offering to get me some samples to try. Thank you so much.

George Kahn - Dude! Take it easy. Back problems are not fun!

SWANEEDB - Thank you.

myg30 - Thank you.

sureYot -Thanks for the offer, but if I get a load I like, I want to cast it!

pullthetrigger - You have a god point. A good mold will sell quickly.