12-05-2005, 11:53 PM
http://reloaders.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=458#post458

Johnch
12-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the coach sleepers club :bigsmyl2:

Johnch

Dutch4122
12-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Ben there, done that. Life is too short anyway.

I never say a word when she comes home with new clothes, shoes or an Avon bag.

Congrats on your new find. Hope she shoots well for ya. I mean the rifle, not the girlfriend. Besides if she got into shooting with you it would just mean more casting/loading and less ammo for you to play with! LOL ;)

Buckshot
12-07-2005, 05:58 AM
..........When I had my 01 FFL I was a regular resident of the dog house. In fact my wife just gave up and said as long as the bills get paid and she has food and gas money, she figured it was better having a husband around rather then him sitting in a bar someplace. I agreed that was a good attitude :D

.............Buckshot

1Shirt
12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
A good friend of mine was the best shot and luckiest guy you ever met, or at least his wife thought so. He was always going to shoots and winning a new rifle or shotgun, or at a gun show and winning a raffle. Worked real good for about three years or so until his wife overheard someone talking about his scam. By then he had build up a pretty decent number of fire arms.
1Shirt :coffeecom

9.3X62AL
12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I use the "Bass Boat Technique". Marie never throws a fit over my occasional gun purchases anyway, but just to keep things moving that direction I run over to boat shops once in a while and bring back sales literature, prompting questions about boat/motor prices and like data.

In fact, Marie is so amenable to the gun buying part, she has appropriated a number of my treasures for her own use. To date, that would include the SIG-Sauer P-228 (now known as "Lucy"), the Colt OMT in 38 Special, the Ruger Mini-14, and to some extent the Ruger 77RC in 223. In my case, there is more than one reason to keep acquisitions off the radar.

Shepherd2
12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
My wife is pretty good about my gun purchases too. If I'm going to a gun show she'll tag along if she doesn't have other plans. Knowing my affection for milsurp rifles she'll ask me ahead of time if there is anything in particular I'm looking for so she can be looking too. She's made a couple finds for me.

She did give me some grief a couple years ago. I'd shot a couple of the new Springfield XD9s and decided I needed the 5 inch Tactical model. She came in the office while I had the Springfield site up looking at the XDs. They had just come out with the olive green frame. She asked if that was the gun I wanted to buy and I answered "Yes". She said if I bought it I had to get the green frame. Being the obedient husband that I am I reached for the phone and ordered the green framed XD from my dealer. (We'd already discussed price.) Could have had the black in 3 days but I had to wait 2 months for the green. Small price to pay for an indulgent wife.