PDA

View Full Version : 9 mm sofcast projectiles wanted

Beaumont78
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi all, let's see wether there's any boolit caster out here who is up for a little experiment

Please note this is a serious post, see pics, shots taken at 50 yards

Here we go:
a few months ago i bought a 9 mm high power airgun (kinetic energy about 130 footpounds).

here's a link:
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=307

Now i've been experimenting with various ammo, since the eun jin ammo groups poorly and is way overpriced. Unfortunately it's just a pain to find anything that will fit because of the way the receiver is designed, plus most lead bullets are hard cast.
However i found two types of ammo that work: the .360 hornady roundball and a 100 grain TCFP, with a length of .450, which also is the max length possible. but i'd like to try a few more, so my question is;
Does anybody have moulds or a swage that can cast a soft projectile with a diameter of .357/.358/.359, and a max length of .450?
I'd be happy to try any design, pay for the cost and buy a whole bunch of them if they group well.
Please let me know, best regards,
vincent (san bruno, CA)

deltaenterprizes
10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I have a CH swaging die set that does .356 dia and just got a Herters set up also with 38 dies. A hollow base would lighten the projectile and give more velocity.

RP
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
soft try hot glue boolits ??