PDA

View Full Version : Uberti 73 Special Sporting rifle

Boz330
03-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Just picked up a new to me 73. The only indication I could find that it had been fired or at least loaded was a little bit of bluing missing on the front edge of the loading gate. Bolt face and extractor don't show any sign of handling any cartridges. For all practical purposes it looks new.
The trigger is pretty stout. I figured someone hear could give some suggestions on spring kits etc. If that would lower the trigger pull some it might be about right, otherwise I might have to stone it.

Bob

indian joe
03-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Just picked up a new to me 73. The only indication I could find that it had been fired or at least loaded was a little bit of bluing missing on the front edge of the loading gate. Bolt face and extractor don't show any sign of handling any cartridges. For all practical purposes it looks new.
The trigger is pretty stout. I figured someone hear could give some suggestions on spring kits etc. If that would lower the trigger pull some it might be about right, otherwise I might have to stone it.

Bob

Springs first .
Back the strain screw out on the main spring as first step.

kaiser
03-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Nice buy; they are a blast to shoot! Look up VTI Gun Parts for some fairly inexpensive "mods". What caliber is yours?

Snow ninja
03-11-2019, 08:10 PM
I am jealous. It's a great looking gun. Nice find.

Boz330
03-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Nice buy; they are a blast to shoot! Look up VTI Gun Parts for some fairly inexpensive "mods". What caliber is yours?

45 Colt. It was on one of the sites and at a Cabela's in MN, they shipped it to the local Cabela's. Those guys kept asking if it was a new gun since it didn't have a factory box with it. I thought the price was pretty good and when I used my CC points it was even better.

Bob