PDA

View Full Version : A LOT of tornadoes

Tom W.
03-03-2019, 08:46 PM
There were a bunch of them today. We were blessed as to them being just a little north of us, bit others weren't so lucky. Most of them started to our west and went across over int Georgia. Several people lost their lives here in Alabama, I dunno how the Georgia people fared...

ga41
03-04-2019, 04:57 PM
We were very fortunate on the Ga side of the river in our area. Out about 40 minutes due east, near the well known Barrow's

lightman
03-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Was worried about you Alabama and Georgia guys, glad to hear that you are ok.

NoZombies
03-04-2019, 07:27 PM
A few folks I know were hit, One home was completely flattened other than the fireplace, another's house is half gone, along with all the cars in his garage and driveway being toast. For once it hit a nicer part of town rather than the trailerparks...

Tom W.
03-05-2019, 12:34 AM
Not so good just a few miles north in Lee county....... Last I heard there were 23 people killed.......I live pretty close to the county line. The wind got kinda wild here, but no damages right in my area. A lot of the places that are on the TV are places that Lori and I go through on weekends.....

Beagle333
03-08-2019, 07:48 PM
I made it, Tom. I just got internet back up again. I was only 200' from the edge of the damage zone and only a thousand feet from where the total decimation zone started and continued for at least half a mile.
I live on Lee Road 38, Ground Zero. What a week. But we were spared. Nothing here at all....... it's like we just watched a big cruise ship sail right by our dinghy. A really really loud ship. I feel very bad for the victims, as my neighborhood is mostly gone now, and a lot of people with it.

Tom W.
03-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Glad to hear that you are safe. That's a lot closer than I'd care to be....

I'm hoping that this Sunday won't be a repeat... The Meteorologist on Ch.3, Bob Jeswald, says he doesn't think so, but it would be best to be aware......