PDA

View Full Version : Just another new guy...

alelord
03-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got signed up the other day and I am trying out posting today. Please bear with me on my adventures on this form. I am interested in just about everything from casting bullets and swaging them to trying to make my own wild cat rounds and basic gunsmithing tasks. I have read the threads for a few years now on my own without being a member. Thanks again for all the learning you guys have helped me with already. I hope to do a lot more of it now and to help others out as well if I am able to.

Thanks
Alelord

JBinMN
03-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Welcome to CB.GL Forum!
:)

You mention you have been looking around the forum for a while, so you have already discovered there is lots of great folks & a huge amount of experience and knowledge here!

Glad ya "jumped in with both feet", and joined up!

Once again, Welcome! & enjoy!
:)

RED BEAR
03-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Well howdie welcome.

Minerat
03-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The following is not provided to lecture you only give advice so I'm taking off my Moderator hat for this and giving it as one member to a new guy. I offer them because I have been there.

If you want to post pictures look at this thread first since size matters.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?302071-How-To-Post-Photos

FYI cause at some point you may wonder, your post count is under your avatar in the upper right corner. You can not sell anything in Swappin & Selling (S&S) until your post count reaches 30 and you have been a member for 30 days. Or sell out side S&S ever. You can buy though or trade from day one.

Posts don't count in The Pit or Testing and we usually think of qualifying posts as meaningful not.... "me too" or the like.

Be sure to read the S&S rules here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?369658-S-amp-S-Rules-amp-Definitions://

Avoid using curse words but if you have to just spell them out. There is a word censor feature that will automatically catch them and change the word into all stars like "**** it works". This is one of the infractions that gets most members first. Infractions are explained here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?345081-Forum-Rules-Infractions-amp-Points

One other thing of interest is using purple text is considered a way to show sarcasm you can do that by highlighting the text and choosing the [A] in the bar above the your edit window and picking more colors then choose a purple. You can change the look by using the feature in the bar just like windows.

Also as JBinMN said jump in.

There are no dumb questions here you just have to ask. You may get an answer or be directed to a thread that will provide an answer(s).

Ok enough of that. If you have any questions any of the Moderators will be happy to answer them for you, just ask.

Again Welcome to Cast Boolits!

Der Gebirgsjager
03-03-2019, 01:54 PM
One more "welcome" here. The more the merrier! :D

smoked turkey
03-03-2019, 02:21 PM
alelord glad you decided to make the plunge and join the madness that comes from doing what we like to do. Speaking of what we like to do, as you can see their are a variety of topics from cooking, casting, handloading, faith, mechanic work, swaging, paper patching, experimenting, and the list goes on and on. I hope your stay here is as productive and gives you as much pleasure as I have had during my time here. You have found the stickies located at the beginning of the different topics, and they are a wealth of information. You are sure to have questions in the future and remember, there are no dumb questions. So just ask away. Have fun and enjoy your journey into the complex world of casting boolits!

Harter66
03-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Don't forget to read stickies etc.
Details matter .
Welcome to the club.

Beerd
03-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Welcome Alelord!
What part of the world do you live in?

Wheelguns 1961
03-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Hickory
03-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Welcome.
Feel free to make comments and ask questions.
Just don't ask how many pounds of wheel weights are in a 5 gallon bucket! :killingpc

Conditor22
03-03-2019, 03:45 PM
▲▲▲ that's in a sticky▲▲▲ there is a sticky forum and stickies at the top of each topic

Welcome to CB

I've found the easiest way to post pictures is:
Capturing and Posting screenshots:
Posting pictures using IMGUR
1) Go to https://imgur.com/
2)Select sign up: Fill out information or register with: facebook, twitter, Google+ or Yahoo account
3)Log into your account
4)Click on your name and select images
5) click on the Add Images box (upper right) -- click on browse and find your picture
or
6) On your computer, rt click on the picture you want to upload and hit copy (or hit control C)
7) go back to IMGUR, L click on the “ADD IMAGES” and either rt click and select paste or hit control V
or (the easiest way), IF you have more than 1 monitor, drag the picture you want and drop it anywhere on the IMGUR screen
8) On IMGUR, Left click on the picture you want
9) Then click on COPY next to [BBCode (message boards & forums)]
10)Go to the post you want to put the image in, either right click and select paste or hit [Ctrl + V]
11) Save your post and you're done.

Echo
03-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the addiction!

Hossfly
03-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Welcome Alelord, to the best forum in the world, to find out about anything you could possibly think up. Weather it’s casting, shooting or about anything, you think of, you will get an answer or suggestions here.guys and gals have a wealth of information and experience.

JM7.7x58
03-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Welcome Alelord,
I too, am also a new guy. I’ve been lurking around this forum for most of the last decade. I started out looking for information about a Type 99 Japanese Arisaka, that had been gifted to me by a elderly relative. My web searches just kept leading me back to the forum that spells the word bullet with two “O”s. I wasn’t casting bullets or even reloading at that time. I noticed over and over again that this forum had great information and that folks here seemed a lot more friendly than on some of the other gun sites. I think that you made a good choice.

ghh3rd
03-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Welcome... this forum is better than the $600 Encyclopedia Brittanica that my father bought for us in the ‘60’s.

lightman
03-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Welcome Aboard! Feel free to join right in. A few guys mentioned pictures. We like pictures! Pictures of Boolits, pictures of lead scores, pictures of molds, pictures of ............. Well, you get it!

Bazoo
03-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Howdy from Kentucky. What kind of guns do ya fancy?

jonp
03-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Welcome Aboard.

Warning: The enablers on this board will cost you quite a bit of money but it will be worth it

jeepyj
03-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Just a warning, this is just the beginning of spending lots of money to save a little. Just kidding, great bunch of enablers hanging around here to help you out. Don't be afraid to join in the fun.

alelord
03-04-2019, 12:23 PM
I live in Washington state currently, I love it here great people and lots of places to explore!

alelord
03-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Howdy from Kentucky. What kind of guns do ya fancy?

hello, And I fancy just about everything that goes bang, old new all of the above, just have not started with black powder yet but its on the list. Also love collecting mil surps and anything that just seems cool.

skeettx
03-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Hello alelord
Welcome to the site
You will enjoy it here.
Do you want to start your casting effort with rifles or pistols?
Mike

alelord
03-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Hello alelord
Welcome to the site
You will enjoy it here.
Do you want to start your casting effort with rifles or pistols?
Mike

Mike, I have tried casting a but with a 73 grain wadcutter mold from NOE. I think the bullets one out alright and I just found out that I have to have the lead hotter than I thought for me to cut the sprue easy, before I had to just beat on it to get it to open. Also got a 500 grain .459 mold that I have been playing with. That one seems to work better for me because it does not have any lube grooves. Up next I would love to try some 30 carbine bullets and powder coat them or 300 Blk 230 grain cast hollow points. Its really starting to get addicting hahaha.

fast ronnie
03-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the "Rabbit Hole".

I haven't saved ANY money in this sport, but have spent many enjoyable hours on this forum, probably more than at the loading bench.

pworley1
03-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Welcome, I have found that there are a lot of good people and good information on this site, I think that you will also.

gbrown
03-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Welcome, sir, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

jonp
03-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Just a warning, this is just the beginning of spending lots of money to save a little. Just kidding, great bunch of enablers hanging around here to help you out. Don't be afraid to join in the fun.

We should start a thread: "I never knew I needed xxxxx until I joined this board"

Pete44mag
03-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Welcome alelord! You will find a great group of people with a tremendous amount of knowledge and information ready and willing to help you. I have been a member for only a little over a month and have found that I have been able to answer all my questions by reading the different threads. I have yet to ask a question but I know when I do there will be many members that will respond. Great to have you as a member!

BigAlofPa.
03-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Sorry for the late welcome. But hello. You have found a great place to learn about loading and everything else. Can be rough to keep up here lol. This is a busy place. Just have to do your best. :-P

Bazoo
03-16-2019, 03:41 AM
hello, And I fancy just about everything that goes bang, old new all of the above, just have not started with black powder yet but its on the list. Also love collecting mil surps and anything that just seems cool.

Cool. I like a little bit of everything, but especially like vintage sporting guns of the smokeless variety.

Wayne Smith
03-16-2019, 08:28 AM
Welcome Alelord - do you brew as well? I, like you, am curious about most of this. My pockets aren't deep enough to seriously get into swaging as I'm not a machinist and can't make my own stuff. I do load heeled boolits in the .41Colt, have a flintlock, caplock, and cap and ball pistols. My current facination is my 25 Krag AI in my Encore. I picked up a couple Swiss rifles and a couple of 1895 Steyrs when they were cheap.

Post your location so we can find out how close you are to other members.

alelord
03-17-2019, 12:58 AM
Hey Wayne, I do not brew. I am into just about everything else that's gun related, though. I am just now getting into single shots and one day black powder and the like.

tinhorn97062
03-17-2019, 01:19 AM
Hey Wayne, I do not brew. I am into just about everything else that's gun related, though. I am just now getting into single shots and one day black powder and the like.

Welcome! I cast and load for everything I shoot, and I brew beer on top of it all! I happen to really enjoy the single actions and lever guns. Feel free to reach out with questions and such. I’m out in the San Diego, CA area.

Bazoo
03-17-2019, 03:04 AM
I ain't been bit by the single shot but yet. I for some reason like single shot 22 rifles.