PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about switching to Zelle to receive payments

Smoke4320
03-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Getting tired of supporting paypal and their anti gun stance.
Now find out they are working with SPLC who are against conservatives

Zelle is growing leaps and bounds in being mainstream payment transfer provider.
Its free to the sender and receiver from everything i can find

So give me your thoughts
Would you use zelle to purchase my pc powders

rdwarrior
03-01-2019, 10:20 AM
following

jmort
03-01-2019, 10:29 AM
If it worked. Yes. I saw that partnership you mentioned. Very disappointing.

"Zelle is a U.S.-based digital payments network owned by Early Warning Services, a private financial services company owned by the banks Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank, Citibank and Wells Fargo. Wikipedia

Zelle
Zelle
Google Play: 2.9
(10,811)
Zelle® has partnered with leading banks and credit unions across the U.S. to bring you a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family. Money moves quickly - directly from bank account to bank account."

Not sure why it got 2.9 out of 5 stars. I will get back to you when I get done reading the 10,811 reviews. Seriously, I wish we had realistic options that were firearm friendly. I
To answer your question, yes.

Sig556r
03-01-2019, 10:29 AM
I would & have been using it, however, not many in this forum trust an email linked to their banks...baby steps...

Eagle59
03-01-2019, 10:41 AM
I use Zelle and it works great! I like it better than paypal.

1/2 Yuman
03-01-2019, 10:58 AM
When I joined this forum, after lurking for awhile, I thought I would be a paying member. That is until it said PayPal and I did not notice any other method to pay.

tommag
03-01-2019, 11:40 AM
I tried to use it to receive payment on a loan. After down loading the app I found it wouldn't work with my bank. (Small regional bank)

Springfield
03-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Most of the banks linked to Zelle are also anti-gun, so what's the difference?

Smoke4320
03-01-2019, 11:50 AM

some .. at least I cant find were those banks are working with SPLC to silence conservatives
I am open to other suggestions of a service like these that is proven conservatives/gun friendly

biggest problem I have found so far is finding ANY service that's as user friendly as paypal . Most people are not going to signup for a service that only a few are using or that has a long involved signup

sparky45
03-01-2019, 11:52 AM
J P Morgan CHASE is anti numerous Christian Conservative activities and are actively dumping Conservative accounts off their card membership(s). For that reason, I'm out.

jmort
03-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Most of the banks that own Zelle provide loans to the firearms manufacturers and Wells Fargo bought a bank and therefore inherited financing for the NRA.
Wells Fargo, the official bank of the NRA.
So it is a mixed bag. None of the banks will ever say, " I love me them there guns" but for now business is business. But I share Smoke's concerns.

William Yanda
03-01-2019, 12:57 PM

I have that question too.

gwpercle
03-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Smoke ,

If I mail you a personal check as payment for an order would that be acceptable ?
I have a checking account but do not know if checks are even considered legal payment any longer .
One place I went to last week charged me $35.00 , I gave her two $20.00's as payment ....
she wanted a credit card... Cash no longer acceptable.
Gary

Smoke4320
03-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Yes sir I will take a check .. real pretty Hungarian females and even deutschmarks.. Ha a little humor
yes personal checks are just fine with me

Omega
03-01-2019, 01:31 PM
I use Zelle, have done so for awhile now. There are a couple issues which make it hard to use for certain things (dollar limit) but for most things it is great, especially since most banks support it in their apps or online, and there is a stand-alone one in case yours don't. And like PP, you never give the other party any of your banking info, just a phone number, and I think email is supported as well. Like PP, the money shows up in the sellers account pretty fast, which allows them to ship the product faster since they don't have to wait for a letter and or the check to clear.

kungfustyle
03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
BIG Difference is you pay paypal for the transaction, Zelle isn't associated with a fee. Something for everyone considered. If you bank, use visa, use master card you are being charged fee's that supports anit gun. I think we should give Zelle a chance.

1911sw45
03-01-2019, 03:30 PM
I tried and can not get on with my bank, have to call.

1911sw45
03-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I finally got it to accept my bank card after having to be on hold with them for over 30 mins and on the phone with them for 15 mins. They was very nice people I talked to. They had to take it up to their second level to get it to work.

rancher1913
03-01-2019, 04:59 PM
no such thing as a free lunch, some where there are fee's. credit card fee's are hidden from most because the merchant pays them.

dragon813gt
03-01-2019, 08:13 PM
I haven’t linked it to my account yet. I started reading the details and my kids distracted me. Haven’t got around to setting it up. It’s built into the apps for all the banks I use.

Gar
03-02-2019, 10:33 AM
I've been using Zelle for over a year now for send and receiving monies anytime I can.
It took about 2 minutes to set it up thru my bank (Chase) online and several people I've send money to had no problem receiving the funds even though they didn't have Zelle to start with.
No complaints yet.

andre3k
03-02-2019, 03:47 PM
I use them all. Zelle, Cash app, Venmo, Pay Pal. They're all about the same.

LUBEDUDE
03-02-2019, 03:50 PM
After having switched to Gpal a few years back and losing almost $300, I am reluctant to switch again.

1911sw45
03-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Remember Gpal way to well.

Smoke4320
03-02-2019, 04:53 PM
I believe Gpal/gunpal was an underfunded single person operation who pretty much had a Ponzi scheme going.
Zelle is owned and operated by major banks so hopefully its at least legit…
My concerns are do you truly get payment in minutes and not held up for days because someone does not like your business type, if you have an issue are there humans to talk to, how do/did they handle your issue, and at least there not totally anti gun/anti conservative

abunaitoo
03-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Most of the banks that own Zelle provide loans to the firearms manufacturers and Wells Fargo bought a bank and therefore inherited financing for the NRA.
Wells Fargo, the official bank of the NRA.
So it is a mixed bag. None of the banks will ever say, " I love me them there guns" but for now business is business. But I share Smoke's concerns.

If wells fargo is the new NRA bank, where is the NRA change card?????

mattw
03-02-2019, 07:04 PM
I doubt I will make the switch. I have used PP from day one and have not lost any money.

Gar
03-03-2019, 10:10 AM
My concerns are do you truly get payment in minutes and not held up for days because someone does not like your business type, if you have an issue are there humans to talk to, how do/did they handle your issue, and at least there not totally anti gun/anti conservative

Every transaction I've had with Zelle, the money was in my account in minutes. No problems.

gwpercle
03-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Yes sir I will take a check .. real pretty Hungarian females and even deutschmarks.. Ha a little humor
yes personal checks are just fine with me

Awesome..... I will take pretty Hungarian females also ! :2_high5:
Thanks,
Gary

kungfustyle
03-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Awesome..... I will take pretty Hungarian females also ! :2_high5:
Thanks,
Gary

Dang people, I have a hard enough time explaining a new gun to my wife much less a pretty Hungarian female. Don't think she's gonna let me keep one.