PDA

View Full Version : Newbee check-in

Gellot Wilde
10-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Hello to one and all.

Wasn't quite sure where to check-in but thought this would be the best place. Been casting for twenty odd years but you should never stop learning and this looks like a great place to do just that.

:castmine:

randyrat
10-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Welcome aboard,,,enjoy

Leadforbrains
10-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Welcome!:drinks: I am still new to casting, but I have learned alot from the fine folks in this forum. There is wealth of knowledge here, and everything that I have read here has helped me greatly.:castmine:

missionary5155
10-15-2008, 06:33 AM
WELCOME ! Always Great to have new blood ! I visited France several times back in 1973-4. Where are you located ?

Bass Ackward
10-15-2008, 06:47 AM
20 years? I can't wait to learn something from you. Welcome

copdills
10-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Big Welcome to the forum

Gellot Wilde
10-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you all for the welcome, good to be on board.

Hi missonary5155, I'm up in Normandy amongst all the WWII history.

Cherokee
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the new guy - Great to have someone from Euro that reloads. Ask and we'll try to help.

Goatlips
10-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Welcome Gellot Wilde. Glad to see a fellow caster from my ancestral digs. :drinks:

Goatlips

randyrat
10-16-2008, 08:25 AM
BTW In your Avitar.. What is your French officer carrying across his lap.... Flag,rifle? I like your Avitar.

wills
10-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Welcome, and dont believe everything you read here about sheep.

Hardcast416taylor
10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
My brother visited Normandy once. He wasn`t to impressed with the reception he got on June 6,1944. I hear France is a good place to get surplus miltary rifles - never fired and only dropped once.

montana_charlie
10-16-2008, 02:28 PM
My brother visited Normandy once. He wasn`t to impressed with the reception he got on June 6,1944. I hear France is a good place to get surplus miltary rifles - never fired and only dropped once.
In another thread, Gellot said something about 'changing countries' and having received a rifle 'in the UK'. So, Gellot might be British...and is just living in France.

But, if the gentleman IS French, I would say you just slapped him in the face.

Humor is almost always an acceptable form of communication, but there is a time and place for each kind of humor. Perhaps you should learn more about simple manners before you continue trying to be funny...Mister Taylor.

CM

Heavy lead
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Welcome aboard from across the pond. Jump into threads whenever you can, we'd love to here from you. I've learned a lot since I've been hanging out here, great bunch of guys.

Gellot Wilde
10-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks again fellas, I already like it here just fine. Yep I'm a very pro American Limey and not French, heard all the jokes and leg pullin' before so it's like water off a ducks back. Got some fine French shooting pals here so please don't believe everything you read as it's not always the truth....French Foreign Legion, Camerone, Verdun, Riva Bella Battery 6:6:44, Dien Bien Phu.

montana charlie thank you for your kind words sir.

Mister T, well yes and no on the military rifles. It's easy to buy any foreign made military rifle here, but the French ones are tricky to find as the Govt. prefers to sell them overseas and not to it's citizens....pure stupidity. I'd love a MAS 44 or 49 but it seems like most of them found new homes in the US. I shoot a Springfield Armory M1A when not messing with the black stuff and a SA 1911 Trophy match.

randyrat, thanks on the Avatar. It's an English officer, Lt. Melville saving the King's colours during the battle at Isandhlwana, he was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for this action.

Sadly the British Lion these days has had it's teeth pulled, it's claws clipped and possibly even a muzzle added, some of us old scholl brits have jumped ship to more shooting friendly places.

Good to be on the forum.

missionary5155
10-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you all for the welcome, good to be on board.

Hi missonary5155, I'm up in Normandy amongst all the WWII history.

Hello again I have a M1Garand bayonet that was dug up in a garden in your area. I would be sure to have a metal detector (if that is leagl).. [smilie=1:
What are you able to have and shoot over there ?

Gellot Wilde
10-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Anything apart from MG's and the usual heavy military stuff like grenades and launchers etc.

Metal detecting is ok in certain areas, but there's still so much unexploded ord. that it can be quite dangerous.

Only today a fisherman stumbled over a 500lbs bomb, they had the disposal guys in to blow it in place as it was too far gone to safely disarm.

Nice story about the M1 bayonet.

Hardcast416taylor
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
To Mr. Wilde, Montana Charlie and to all others. I apologise for my poor humor that can be inferred in many ways. I guess my crusty humor could be attributed to being shot at too many times in many past nation disputes of the past century. Sometimes the locals were of help, other times - well now you understand my crusty comment. But I do bid welcome to Mr. Wilde, may your learning curve never stop.:oops:

montana_charlie
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
To Mr. Wilde, Montana Charlie and to all others. I apologise for my poor humor that can be inferred in many ways.
Admirable! Very admirable!
A man who can offer an apology that graciously is one who is worth knowing.
CM

Gellot Wilde
10-17-2008, 03:45 PM
+1, very admirable indeed, thank you.

I got the humour, no offence taken. :-D

Hardcast416taylor
10-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Been there, Korea, "Advisor" Viet Nam,merc.,cop,farmer,plumber,retired for last time. I still pack heat made by Mr. Colt "Commander"!:Fire:

Lead melter
10-19-2008, 01:20 AM
In another thread, Gellot said something about 'changing countries' and having received a rifle 'in the UK'. So, Gellot might be British...and is just living in France.

But, if the gentleman IS French, I would say you just slapped him in the face.

Humor is almost always an acceptable form of communication, but there is a time and place for each kind of humor. Perhaps you should learn more about simple manners before you continue trying to be funny...Mister Taylor.

CM

This from Mister Cynicism himself?