PDA

View Full Version : Miroku 92 45 Colt ???

hylander
02-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Got a new Miroku 92 in 45 Colt coming in a couple of days :mrgreen:
Any input on this rifle?
Does this have the rebounding hammer that the 1873 has?
If so I can not seem to find any info on lighting the trigger pull or getting rid of the rebounding hammer.
Also would like to add a tang peep but can't seem to find that info either, the one I have found seems to be discontinued.
Thanks

danmat
02-26-2019, 02:57 PM
I put a marbles tang on mine, no problems so far with firing pin
Trigger pull on my copy is great.

hylander
02-26-2019, 03:12 PM
I put a marbles tang on mine, no problems so far with firing pin
Trigger pull on my copy is great.

Do you know the part number for the site.
When I look up the Marbles, it come up discontinued.
Also, did you have to D&T the tang?

danmat
02-26-2019, 03:36 PM
I don't remember the number, I bought it at midway. I did not d &t the second hole on mine the tang wood was slightly proud the sight base fit perfectly in the wood hasn't moved in over a year.

Gunlaker
02-26-2019, 04:56 PM
I've got a Miroku built '92 trapper in .44 magnum. I am actually happy with the trigger and have had no issues with the rebounding hammer. I'd much rather have a traditional hammer with a half cock safety though, but I've never had a miss-fire on any of the Miroku rebounding hammer guns.

I'm sure you'l like it. Mine is a real nice shooter and the action is smooth as butter.

Chris.

pietro
02-26-2019, 05:54 PM

If it's a straight Miroku, it might not have the rebounder and the tang safety; but if it's branded "Winchester", it'll be fully lawyered up.

A tang sight can be installed right over the tang safety - I also used only the tang screw with a Marble's sight on my Winchester/Miroku Model 86 ExtraLight.

It's also never moved, because of the interference fit of the concave tang sight base with the slightly convex upper tang surface.

If you ever experience light primer strikes/misfires, then just slightly shorten the bottom fork at the front end of the mainspring strut for a more positive ignition.

Jeff Michel
02-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Mine does have the rebounding hammer and I haven't had any problem with misfires. It's a great rifle, your going to love it.

missionary5155
02-27-2019, 02:26 AM
Good morning
We have the 45 Colt model with the 24 inch octagon barrel. Have not shot it much as I usually grab one to the Rossi's. But the first time that lousy rebound offends it will get the "treatment".
And before it ever goes on a hunt for anything more important than a common rat that rebound will get the "treatment". If anything can go wrong it will go wrong at the worst possible moment.
Mike in Peru

fn1889m
02-27-2019, 11:51 PM
I have a Miroku 45 LC carbine. It has the Winchester label. I replaced the front sight with a period correct blade. I’ve made no other changes to it. I may eventually remove the rebound hammer, which may let me reduce the hammer spring. I don’t mind the safety, which must have a hammer block design to it. The tang safety and rebound hammer are redundant. The safety is enough.

I am told that the chamber is large, and the bore takes .454 lead, rather than .452 lead. But I’ve accepted it as a fun plinker, and just load standard 250 gn .45 LC over 8.5 gns of Unique, my Vaquero load. It’s not a sniper rifle. If I put a peep sight on it, I have an old steel 1892/94 side-mount peep sight that will be period correct. But I hate to drill and tap it. It’s a pretty rifle.

I have bought some Keith style 155 grain bullets. I suspect these are more accurate than the semi wadcutters. And I might go up to a whopping 9 grains of Unique.

I have loaded 300 grain, and .454 bullets for it. I didn’t notice a significant difference from my pistol ammo.

HawkCreek
02-28-2019, 02:00 AM
The Winchester/Miroku '73's dont have rebounding hammers or tang safeties (maybe the early ones did?). I have 5 Winchester/Miroku lever guns with the rebounding hammers including a 92 in .45 Colt. Never once have I had a problem with them. Not once has any one of them had a light primer strike or any other silliness reported all over the internet. I'm sure a few guys had trouble but I believe the "problem" is blown way out of proportion.

Greg S
02-28-2019, 05:41 AM
Give me a few days to find the links. I've deleted 3 rebounding hammers and slicked all three up. The biggest improvement is rebound delete which enables you to easily remove 3 coils. Second is trigger return spring, ejector spring replacement and extractor lightening. Trigger componenents are fine, i just polish engagements, clean, lube and re-assemble.

Ahh, previously asked and answeared. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?12077-Winchester-Miroku-1886-Rebounding-Hammer-Fix-Tutorial

My 45 Colt 1892 pound cast and slugging revealed a 452 bore. Reduced power ejector springs were sourced through Steve's Guns. The Rossi one piece 1892 Firing Pin will not replace the Winouko.

The extractor lightening involves thinning the extractor on the bottom side in the middle so it climbs over the cartridge rim easier.

Randy Bohannon
02-28-2019, 12:46 PM
My experience mirrors HawkCreeks, my Win/Miroku 92 45 Colt takes a .456" Accurate 300 gr bullet and shoots it very well @ 1100fps. It would not shoot the RCBS .454 250 gr. bullet very well at all. My rifle handles the .456" Accurate bullet with O.A.L @ 1.61"