PDA

View Full Version : Wtb Win 92 stock and forend

Lethemgo
02-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Have a win92 saddle ring carbine that was 25-20 but rebored to 32-20. I'm looking at fixing this one to get by or if someone has a set for a desent price just buying them. I know i can find them on line for about $150 for a new set but just thought check here first. Hey a buck is a buck and maybe someone could make one off me. This one needs some work it had a hold drilled through it and i put a dowel in it. Next move is to remove some wood and add a chunk back and reform it back. We'll see what happens here. Thanks guys!

Guesser
02-23-2019, 10:12 AM
I have some fore end parts. PM after I get them out to look at.

missionary5155
02-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Good morning
Should you decide to sell your stocks let me know. Our's down butt stock here is missing 30% of the tang area right side and has 6 nails holding the left side together. The forearm is not much better. Ugly is no issue. That can get cleaned up.

Mike in Peru

Der Gebirgsjager
02-23-2019, 06:12 PM
I tried pricing a set for you on Boyd's Gunstocks, but their website doesn't seem to be working properly at this time. I'll bet that's the first place you looked. I tried e-bay, and there's a whole page of both buttstocks and forends. Some seem reasonably priced, some are outrageously priced. I saw one very nice buttstock for about $80 and two ads for brand new semi-inletted forends for around $50. You might want to check it out, I used a search of: "rifle stocks Winchester 92". Another idea: Chiappa is making replica '92s. You could check the price and availability of replacement stocks. You might also look into stocks made by Rossi -- I'm not sure if they would fit or not. At one time Armi San Marco made replica '92s, and you might locate a set of those stocks. I think they'd be very close to correct. There have been several companies that made replicas, among them Browning. Try the various parts houses like Numrich Gun Parts. With a little persistence you'll turn something up.

DG

square butte
02-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Take a look at the Precision Gun Works website - Very good Winchester stocks for most any model

Shawlerbrook
02-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Check eBay.

Texas by God
02-23-2019, 08:13 PM
The 94 & 92 share the same buttstock- don't they? The forends are different. I may be wrong and frequently am.

Lethemgo
02-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Got a stock, still need forend but getting mine pretty much looking good hopefully. Thanks TbG