PDA

View Full Version : WHERE to buy??

FN in MT
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I still need a few more items before my pistol casting operation is up and running.

Specifically need; Three sets of handles for 2 cavity NEI blocks. Thinking I can use LEE 6 cavity mould handles. Can grind or machine them to make them work. Picked up a couple of Keith style, heavy for caliber SWC designs for .41 mag and .45 Colt for $30 a set of blocks. Good Gun Show find.

Need a 4 cavity Lyman #358429 mould to cast my favorite 168 gr Keith .38 slug. GRAF's is showing the blocks for about $75 and the handles are $30.

Could also use a .38 wadcutter mould. I'll probably go with a LEE as GRAF's sells those as well.

Am I on the right track?? Anyone cheaper than GRAF's?? Or any Forum members who sell what I need?

FN in MT

Heavy lead
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Good buy on the NEI, I have one and the Lee handles fit fine, I don't think I had to fit them either, I think they went right in. Try Midsouth for the 358429. I bought a 4 cavity for hair less than 64 bucks recently, that is there normal price for them, not a sale. It casts a good boolit too. 359 diameter and it is a square lube groove not round, very nice. They ship fast.

wiljen
10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Try Ric's handles - they sometimes put the molds to shame they are so well made.

http://kal.castpics.net

miestro_jerry
10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Some has a set of mold handles that makes the sprue plates easier to work.

I agree that the Lee 6 Cavity mold handles seem to work on all the other 2 C molds out there.

Jerry