PDA

View Full Version : tx200 "lube tuned" and moderator added

HARRYMPOPE
02-03-2019, 01:33 AM
my new to me hunter carbine .22 shot well but was "twangy".i wanted to quiet it down so I bought a donnyfl moderator and adapter.adding the moderator it was hard go say if it was quieter.there was just so much spring noise.i tore it down and added maccari tar to the spring center and Honda moly to other areas.the difference was amazing.it just "thuds" and when the moderator is on it is noticeable how it just takes off the last bit of bark

and it shoots as good as ever
at 50 yards with cheap Wal-Mart tin crosman. 22 hp ammo groups are under inch quite often.

idahoron
02-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Dang mine doesn't have a threaded barrel. Looks awesome

HARRYMPOPE
02-03-2019, 03:36 PM
the hunter carbine has the threaded end cap.i wonder how to add one to the standard?
I'd like to add one to my hw97k but it also has no threaded end.

I have a Walther lgu .22 on the way.i hear good things about them.

idahoron
02-04-2019, 02:31 PM
I have too

HARRYMPOPE
02-04-2019, 02:48 PM
I had an lgv master ultra 4 years ago that was silly accurate.i was.shooting squirrels at a dog kennel and missed three in a row up close (I thought) what happened was the breech seal had a tear and I lodged 3 pellets I . the bore about 3" up.in my haste to get them out I got a cleaning rod wedged in there and when I tapped it out I scratched the rifling to shreds!it shot ok ,but never as good as becore.

Multigunner
02-05-2019, 01:39 PM
I had an lgv master ultra 4 years ago that was silly accurate.i was.shooting squirrels at a dog kennel and missed three in a row up close (I thought) what happened was the breech seal had a tear and I lodged 3 pellets I . the bore about 3" up.in my haste to get them out I got a cleaning rod wedged in there and when I tapped it out I scratched the rifling to shreds!it shot ok ,but never as good as becore.

I wonder if anyone is reboring and rifling airgun barrels to larger diameter, or installing liners?
It might salvage some very nice older guns with damaged bores.

HARRYMPOPE
02-05-2019, 03:26 PM
I wonder if anyone is reboring and rifling airgun barrels to larger diameter, or installing liners?
It might salvage some very nice older guns with damaged bores.

guy sare using TJ liners on PCP airguns so thatsan option .I ended up cuting 3" off of the barrel at the muzzle that was the worst and it ended up shooting pretty well.Just not as good as before.It was a bear to cock with the shorter barrel was the problem.I sold it for $200 and cut my losses.