PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

math
01-31-2019, 11:54 AM
Hi
I had almost talked me in to buying a NOE 368-285-FN-W3 for my Husqvarna M/46 in 9,3x57. And for once i thought i would do it in the correct way and not just order a mould and go from there ;) Well i just made two pound casts of the chamber. And when i measure them just in front of the rim that indicates how deep the chamber is cut, they comes out 9,41mm (yes a good micrometer was used) That leads me to think i need to size them to 9.4 (.370) in order to get some so accuracy.
So i guess that my questions are: Does my math and point of meassurement seam right to you ?
And have you seen a mold for 9,3 in the 285gr range that casts a + 9.4 (.370) Boolit ?
Or will i have to go custom if i want to cast for this gun ?
Regards
Mathias

EDG
01-31-2019, 12:18 PM
I think Accurate mold will make your mold any diameter you want.

When you mention rim I assume you mean the step in the chamber at the case mouth.
If my assumption is correct you have the right number.
Most molds will have some tolerance and the alloy and temp will also cause some variation in bullet diameter so you may get a mold that casts .371 or .372. You will have to size the bullets to .370.
If you want a gas check bullet you may not be able to find a gas check that works on your bullets.

math
01-31-2019, 01:11 PM
You assume right EDG, that is the step i ment, and yes i would like to use a gas check on the bullet as i was hoping on being able to propel them at around 630 m/s if al worked out well
/Mathias

Conditor22
01-31-2019, 01:17 PM
Try contacting MiHec http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?5623-MiHec www.MP-MOLDS.com

He is on your side of the pond and makes great molds

Wayne Smith
01-31-2019, 05:02 PM
I would also contact Miha (Mihec Molds) in Slovenia. I'm not sure if he's cut one for the 9.3 so you may have to talk to him about dimensions.