PDA

View Full Version : National Gun Day show in Louisville, Ky this weekend

ranger391xt
01-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Just wondered if anyone attends this show and could comment how it is? I'm about 2 and half hours away from it and was thinking about trying to make the drive down tomorrow.

I went to the Indy 1500 last weekend and was a bit disappointed. Most of the vendors that are usually there with reloading stuff were not at the show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JBinMN
01-19-2019, 03:23 PM
I would not have been able to go , but I would like to have been there.

Like Ranger391xt, I am certainly interested in reading any reports from those who did go, & any pics as well if they share them.
:)

trails4u
01-19-2019, 04:31 PM
I have some friends there today.... Sounds like there is some interesting stuff around. Buddy bought a '95 Winchester for a great price. I was going to buy the other in 38-72....but his scoundrel father beat me to it! :)

He was also looking at an 1859 Sharps carbine......not sure if he picked that up or not.

From the sounds of it, it seems to be well attended, and also seems there are at least a few interesting pieces floating around...

Elkins45
01-19-2019, 10:40 PM
I usually go, but I stayed home this time because of the weather. They are predicting a ton of snow tonight but if the roads are clear in the morning I might go.

It’s a big show, with maybe about a fourth of the tables used by collectors of high end stuff or older historical guns. You can generally find something that you would like to take home. There are usually a pretty good number of private sellers.

It now costs $10 to park at the Expo Center, so you spend over $20 before you ever see the first table.