PDA

View Full Version : New winter SPORT Icicle Heard Thinning

DCP
01-17-2019, 05:17 PM
Well, I just invented a new sport Icicle Heard thinning.

I ain't getting on no ladder!

Needed

One airsoft full auto if your a young whippersnapper try your Airsoft Pistol
Appropriate winter attire for you
You must be aware of where your missed shots will go.

Rules may change at any moment

At this time no license is required

Echo
01-17-2019, 05:36 PM
When I first got to Lowry AFB in 1954 for Missile school, it was October, and winter was getting there. The barracks were old WWII barracks, with NO insulation! We had a coal-fired furnace, and we were on a roster for fire-guards, to make sure the furnace was running, and we still slept with double blankets. But.
Since there was no insulation in the roof, as snow melted from the heat inside, it dripped off the roof and formed icicles - up to 3' LONG! And coming back from midnight chow, if we were on C-Shift (6PM to Midnight), it happened more than once when we jumped into our bunk, one of our chums had placed a 3' long icicle in there...

Those were the days...

mold maker
01-20-2019, 04:08 PM
When I was 3-4 yo, my Grand-father broke off an icicle like that, and gave it to me because I ask. Taller than me and too cold to hold I put it on the oil circulator to warm. Somehow Dad didn't find the humor when he arrived. I didn't understand the fuss since there were plenty more.

Winger Ed.
01-20-2019, 04:30 PM
When I first got to Lowry AFB in 1954 for Missile school, it was October, and winter was getting there. The barracks were old WWII barracks, with NO insulation! Those were the days...
We still had those same design and vintage, 'H' shaped, wooden barracks when I went to Parachute Rigger School
at NAS Lakehurst in fall/winter of 1973.
One charming room mate from Denver actually liked the cold, and would open all the windows late at night.
One of us normal people would wake up freezing, and go to close them.
It was so cold your feet would stick to the floor.

Elkins45
01-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Where I grew up there were some cliffs around a hundred feet tall that you could see from across the holler. I used to hike up there in the winter and shoot at the base of the big icicles. Some of them probably weighed hundreds of pounds. When one finally broke free it went thundering down to the ground and it sounded to me like a meteor had struck.

Good times.

robg
01-24-2019, 05:36 PM
When I was at school we were in dorms windows wide open all year woke in the morning with snow on the end of my bed .hated that place.