PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell scope

wgr
01-07-2019, 11:14 PM
hey guys anyone know were to get a scope repaired? I fell and put a big dent in the front bell. sure hate to just do away with it.

lefty o
01-07-2019, 11:33 PM
id contact bushnell, see what they say.

bosterr
01-07-2019, 11:45 PM
I've had several experiences with Bushnell handgun scopes that failed. They have a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship issues but they won't do anything about abuse. Before spending time and money on shipping a scope that has that kind of damage I would send an email.

crankycalico
01-08-2019, 02:12 AM
problem is with most scopes any change in diameter of the bell will pop the front glass loose. Learned that the hard way last year.

osteodoc08
01-08-2019, 03:16 AM
Does it affect the scopes ability to shoot straight? Give them a call and see what they say. Bushnell went out of their way for me on an old scope that was well past it’s usefulness and allowed me to select any scope they had in stock and pay cost for it. I have rewarded them with the purchase of several of their higher end scopes

wgr
01-08-2019, 12:32 PM
thinks ill get in touch with them

quilbilly
01-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Their service center in Kansas (I think) did right by me early last year when a lens came loose after many hundreds of 308 CB shots. They replaced the scope.

Winger Ed.
01-08-2019, 08:40 PM
I did that years ago. I didn't get it repaired, but after taking it from inside a warm house outside in the cold and it didn't fog up,
I figured the turret in there was OK, and the seals weren't broken, so I re-zeroed and kept using it.

fatnhappy
01-09-2019, 01:23 AM
I had a 3200 elite and the reticle popped loose. I sent it back to Kansas. I received a brand new looking scope in the mail about 2 or 3 weeks later. I'm unsure if they repaired or replaced my scope, but it's immaterial to the net result.

That was a dozen years ago or so.

The address is:
Bushnell Performance Optics
Attn: repairs
8500 Marshall Drive
Lenexa, Kansas 66214

INCLUDE:
1. Name and address for product return
2. an explanation of the defect
3. you are responsible for shipment there. They will cover return shipping.
4. product should be packed in sturdy outside shipping carton, to prevent damage in transit.

Kraschenbirn
01-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Suggest that you first call Bushnell's Customer Service (800-548-0446) for a return authorization before anything else. May take you a little while to get through to a real person but I've found that's the best way to go.

Bill

Land Owner
01-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Be prepared to WAIT from 8 months to a year if you chose to send it to Kansas for repair. All the while you have pre-paid for the repair and return shipping and are left wondering if your money was taken along with your scope. I called several times after sending mine, in my wait to get an old Redfield Wide Angle scope repaired by them. It took them 9 months for them to work through their back log to get to mine, but it is back to "normal" and a cherished reminder of my good friend and reloading mentor, now passed.

[LATE NOTE] My memory is not what it used to be. My Redfield scope was sent for repairs to Oklahoma...not Kansas. So I have given the wrong impression above. These are the guys that took what seemed like F O R E V E R:

Iron Sight, Inc.
4814 S. Elwood Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74107
918-445-2001
918-521-7736