PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Du-Measure

CaptREDD
01-04-2019, 06:41 PM
recently received one of these measures....the drum is in very good shape...but the powder hoper is baddly distorted,
either from heet or chemical action...called RCBS and they had no parts for the Duo-Measure. oh well it was time to make one from PVC...and I made one that is quite serviceable.

My question is about when did RCBS start selling them....and when were they disco-ed. I was told they were manufactured by Ohaus....fact or fiction...?

after building the hopper, I tried it out...seem to be a decent measure.

REDD

Maven
01-04-2019, 07:08 PM
The tan ones were indeed made by Ohaus but parts, the hopper for ex., haven't been available for years. George Nonte raved about the Duo Measure in his slim book on reloading in 1977. Additionally, the RCBS iteration appears to be a different design.

NoZombies
01-04-2019, 07:08 PM
I have an ohaus branded duo-measure, so I'd tend to agree with the statement that they made them.

PaulG67
01-04-2019, 07:45 PM
I use to have an Ohaus duo measure and no hopper. I also had a lee perfect measure that I somehow broke the bottom portion below the hopper. Lookin at them both one day I figured I could make one out of two and so it became an Ohaus with a lee hopper that had the ability to open and close the powder flow to the drum. Worked good and I liked it but I gave it away to my cousin.

lead-1
01-08-2019, 01:38 AM
If you have the style of Du-O-Measure that I have, I posted my fix in this thread, post #440. Hope it will help you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?107444-Homemade/page22&highlight=lead-1

Rockzilla
01-16-2019, 12:09 AM
have both the RCBS and the Ohaus one basically the same, broke the hopper also
used all kinds of fixes (home made etc.) but you can find a replacement hopper
for them here:
https://dramworx.com/products/rcbs/

great company, good people..

-Rock

Gunor
01-16-2019, 01:06 AM
have both the RCBS and the Ohaus one basically the same, broke the hopper also
used all kinds of fixes (home made etc.) but you can find a replacement hopper
for them here:
https://dramworx.com/products/rcbs/

great company, good people..

-Rock

Wow - thanks for that company. Bought my Duo-measure in High School...

gbehrman
04-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Luckily friend rebuilt both of mine with aluminum. Works great

luv45acp
06-23-2019, 07:36 PM
recently received one of these measures....the drum is in very good shape...but the powder hoper is baddly distorted,
either from heet or chemical action...called RCBS and they had no parts for the Duo-Measure. oh well it was time to make one from PVC...and I made one that is quite serviceable.

My question is about when did RCBS start selling them....and when were they disco-ed. I was told they were manufactured by Ohaus....fact or fiction...?

after building the hopper, I tried it out...seem to be a decent measure.

REDD

I called RCBS and they had me send the Duo-Measure to them and they sent me a brand new powder measure. With both cylinders. FREE. Amazing company!