PDA

View Full Version : PCP Scope?

igolfat8
01-02-2019, 04:47 PM
What scope would you suggest for a PCP, 10 to 100 yards, LIGHT weight, bright for shooting inside dark barns, good glass, Under $300 ?

clodhopper
01-03-2019, 12:26 AM
Look for a bug buster, well under 300 dollars, focus/parallax back to 3 yards. Springer tough.

georgerkahn
01-03-2019, 10:09 AM
I have a couple Air Arms (made in Czechoslovakia) PCPs, one each in .177 and .22. On the latter -- an S200 Hunter -- I have a Leapers AO scope from Pyramid Air, with no regrets. Pyramid now lists refurbished ones for $189.99, which may very well be just what you're looking for. As a BTW, I've purchased even air rifles "refurbished" from Pyramid, and have yet to be even a wee bit disappointed. The URL for 'scope is: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Refurbished_UTG_4_16x56_Bubble_Leveler_AO_Rifle_Sc ope_SWAT_AO_EZ_TAP_Illuminated_Etched_Glass_Mil_Do t_Reticle_1_8_MOA_30mm_Tube_Weaver_Picatinny_Rings/8116
geo

HollowPoint
01-03-2019, 04:49 PM
I bought a couple of cheapies off of Ebay. I think they cost about 36 bucks including shipping. One is a CVLife scope that is 8x40. I have it mounted on my Umarex Gauntlet. The other scope is a Trinity Force. I think it's an 8x16. I was going to mount it on my Umarex Octane but my break barrels are more destructive than my powder burners in terms of recoil so I ended up mounting it on my K31 Swiss rifle.

That particular scope is in storage right now cause I'm running peep sights on my K31 but for a cheap off brand scope it's held zero extremely well. I do have another cheap Ebay scope mounted on my Tikka T3. It's a Tasco World Class. All of these cheap scopes have held up for longer than the few high dollar scopes I've owned over time.

If you can afford it, get something with a good warranty and good customer service to back it up. All of my cheapies have limited lifetime warranty. Getting a good one is just the luck of the draw. So far I've been real lucky. I wish I had that kind of luck when it came to lottery tickets. I might be inclined to buy a more expensive scope; with a nice rifle attached to it too.

HollowPoint

jcren
01-03-2019, 08:40 PM
I cant tell much difference between a scope or red dot on my hi-point 45 for accuracy at 50 yards, and red dots are much handier. I like the little bushnell 25 with the 3moa dot, currently using a firefield 2moa mostly because it uses standard aa batteries. If i get anouther it will be the sig romeo5 because it is 2moa with motion auto on.

sixshootertexan
01-06-2019, 02:45 AM
I like my 3-12 bug buster.

https://www.amazon.com/Leapers-UTG-BugBuster-3-12X32-SCP-M312AOWQ/dp/B075G8RZXV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546757237&sr=8-2&keywords=bugbuster+scope+3-12

GARD72977
01-06-2019, 03:20 AM
Im going to get slamed , but I dont like cheap glass.

If I were you I would look for a used Leupold 3x9 efr. I have had several and the glass is great.

A used Burris Timberline 4-14 x36 would be a good choice.

For a few dollars more a used Bushnell 4200 is surpurb glass in the 24x or less. I have had this scope. Do not buy 32x glass won't support this magnification.

A leupold 12x straight power target is in your price range.

I dont plink much. I shoot at silhouette and paper @ 45yds. My choice for a sub 12ft springer is a weaver 24x targert scope. Not as nice as leupold but tracks well and gets the job done. On my PCP I use a Sightron SIii 10-50x60 set @24x.

Just my 2 cents. A lot of people wont agree

Greg S
01-06-2019, 06:16 AM
72997 +1 When you take into account how much time you'll spend looking through the glass target shooting, your eyes will get tired quickley looking tthrough foggy glass. I was plinking about 30 min to an hour a day when I got off work ridding my brain of the day. Over a week/month, it is more time behind it than any of my other rifles.

Look at used scopes with a good warrenty. I like the B&L 4200s and they'll hold up to a springer, lupey ect with top mag in the 24x + area. A 3/8" -1/2" target at 30-50 yds, the extra mag helps.

Steve E
01-12-2019, 03:54 PM
I have always had good luck with Hawke brand scopes. I currently have a 3x9 on my Gamo Urban.

Steve.......

idahoron
01-14-2019, 08:09 PM
I have owned several UTG scopes and mounts. They are all Cr@p!
I have switched to Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 AO scopes. I also have switched to BKL one piece mounts.
The Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44 AO scope will focus down to 10 yards. That is awesome. This picture is when I had the Vortex scope but it still had the UTG mount.

https://i.imgur.com/joVMsSD.jpg

This picture is with the new BKL one piece mount.

https://i.imgur.com/zXaq9pX.jpg

I also added yardage lines on my AO to use as a quick range finder. Out to 30 yards it is more than accurate enough. But for shots out to 75 yards I only trust a range finder.

https://i.imgur.com/WKQFwIS.jpg

Tactical Lever
01-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Doesn't have to be an airgun rated scope, as a PCP doesn't have that reverse double recoil that beats up on regular scopes so bad.

I went the cheap route, and picked up an old made in Japan Tasco, 3-9x40. I think it was meant for a big rifle. Works pretty well on my Discovery. With pellets that it likes, I was able to put them into about 1/3" at 33 or 34 yards, with a casual rest.

If I went new, I'd probably try one of the Simmons 44 mm objective scopes. I believe those are made in the Philippines, and seem decent. I don't know if they are overly tough, but not needed IMO for that application. The varmint model has a nice parallax adjustment.