PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas quit selling S&B primers?

Drew P
12-25-2018, 05:14 PM
I had been happy to pay them $19.99 for primers but now I don’t see them on their website or in my store.

Rick R
12-25-2018, 05:33 PM
They haven’t had them in our Cabela’s store since they were sold to Bass Pro. I figure their purchasing department at Bass Pro took over and we’ll get whatever the same old thing was at both brands unless we are vocal about it.

parson48
12-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Just saw 'em on their site.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/SELLIER-BELLOT-PRIMERS-BRICK/2002898.uts

Rick R
12-25-2018, 06:42 PM
I shot thousands of small pistol, small rifle and large pistol without problems and great accuracy. I actually prefer the S&B small rifle over CCI No. 41 in my ARs. When I tried the large rifle and my group size tripled I set them aside and have a box with 950 left that I need to do something with.

And large rifle is apparently all Cabelas has left.

HangFireW8
12-25-2018, 07:39 PM
Those Large Rifle primers... Might be erratic... Might be just different, and require a new load workup to find the accuracy load sweet spot.

Rick R
12-25-2018, 08:00 PM
Those Large Rifle primers... Might be erratic... Might be just different, and require a new load workup to find the accuracy load sweet spot.

I know, shortly after trying them I fell into a deal on 5,000 Winchester LR brass that I had accurate loads worked up for so the LR S&B are waiting in the “on deck” box. ;)

John McCorkle
12-26-2018, 01:11 PM
They haven’t had them in our Cabela’s store since they were sold to Bass Pro. I figure their purchasing department at Bass Pro took over and we’ll get whatever the same old thing was at both brands unless we are vocal about it.Yup, also have noticed a marked price hike on their reloading supplies in general, especially powder....Bass pro was always much more expensive than Cabela's, now both of them are just as expensive on their powder...looks like bulk orders and haz mat fees just got to be a more viable option again

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

quilbilly
12-26-2018, 03:22 PM
The only ones they have had left at my local Cabelas for a couple months have been large rifle primers. All of the S&B primers have worked well for me. For the last couple years that I have used the S&B's, Cabelas has rarely had more than one size available at a time and it has varied from month to month.

ole_270
12-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Thats about all I use for cast in the 308 and 38-55, 45acp as well. I've tested them in a super accurate 223 and a good 243 and found them to be reliable and gave accurate loads.

Orchard6
12-28-2018, 03:57 PM
I’ve used them but I’ve had a few pierce with light loads of trailboss in my 357 Blackhawk and a Rossi 92 and it has me wondering if these are very soft primers? They seem to work fine in my Heritage Big Bore 357 though. I guess I’ll just have to stick with CCI from now on.

quilbilly
12-29-2018, 02:30 PM
I’ve used them but I’ve had a few pierce with light loads of trailboss in my 357 Blackhawk and a Rossi 92 and it has me wondering if these are very soft primers? They seem to work fine in my Heritage Big Bore 357 though. I guess I’ll just have to stick with CCI from now on.
Thanks for the "heads up" that they might be softer. My old Savage 24V 30/30 has a light hammer strike so I need a softer primer for it. Federals are somewhat softer but I will have to make a point of trying the S&B's in it.