PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

Idaho45guy
12-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Hope everyone is spending Christmas with family or loved ones. Hopefully both...

My folks winter in Arizona, my sister is in Twin Falls, ID, about 450 miles away, my daughter and grandkids are in Japan, and my son is in Seattle with his girlfriend's family. But I still have my brother, and just had a Christmas Eve party with him and his wife's family.

A good looking younger single gal from work messaged me yesterday and invited me to her family Christmas, thinking that I was going to be alone on Christmas. I told her that I was going to be with my brother, but appreciated the invite and agreed to come over for a couple of hours tomorrow. So I'll be spending some of Christmas Day with strangers.

Her invite reminded me that a lot of folks are spending Christmas alone.

Hope everyone here has somewhere to go.

samari46
12-24-2018, 11:20 PM
First off, here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Spending Christmas with the dog. Wife visiting our youngest daughter and oldest daughter while not far away will most likely be with his dad. Not to worry about Christmas dinner. Pork chops, rice a roni, and mixed vegetables along with cranberry sauce. Always have a plan A, when that fails dig into my stash of Omaha Steak burgers,sausage, or hot dogs. Frank

bikerbeans
12-24-2018, 11:55 PM
My son is a pilot for the Ohio ANG and has alert on base tomorrow. So wife and I will be having Christmas dinner at the base with him and the other young men and women that are protecting our country.

BB

smoked turkey
12-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! We had our two sons, their wives, and grand kids out Saturday the 22nd for our family Christmas. It was a great time with lots of food, presents, games, and a walk to the back of our property (about 1/2 mile from the house is all). The wife and I plan a quiet day by ourselves enjoying each other's company and contemplating the true meaning of Christmas with the birth of Jesus Christ. This is my favorite holiday. I am always a little sad to see things get back to "normal". I don't like normal too much anymore. I like the feeling in the air around Christmas time.
bikerbeans it is great that you get to spend Christmas with your son at the ANG. Please let him and the other young men and women know that we absolutely appreciate their service and dedication to our country. It's because of folks like them that we can enjoy a nice restful Christmas day.

slim1836
12-25-2018, 12:57 AM
May all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May the good Lord watch over each and everyone and guide us throughout the new year.

Slim

buckwheatpaul
12-25-2018, 08:40 AM
Christmas just emphasize how important family is......your actual family and your Cast Boolits family! May God reward each and everyone of you this Christmas Season!

DeadWoodDan
12-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Wishing you the best.

Pb Burner
12-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! May God bless you all!

square butte
12-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Christmas Blessings on every one - May the Good Lord shower his Grace and Favor upon all of you. My wife and i have a good cup of coffee going and we are gonna drive some of our favorite snow covered dirt roads at about 5 miles an hour this morning this morning. That's all it takes to make us happy - But we've always been a cheap date.

Three44s
12-25-2018, 10:17 AM
We spent last evening with wife’s family Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day with my side of the family plus my wife’s older sister and her husband (he is the gun nut on that side) here at the ranch.

My brother specializes in doing prime rib this day. He is our “resident barbecue man”, he is half owner in one of those meat wagons on wheels as I call it. My wife and her sister do up the rest of the meal.

Merry Christmas to all on Boolits and the rest of the world that cares!

Three44s

Ole Joe Clarke
12-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Have a blessed and merry Christmas!

Leon

JBinMN
12-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Merry Christmas !!!

lightman
12-25-2018, 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas back to everyone!

We had our family dinner and gift giving ceremony yesterday because it was the only way that the family could all get together. So today, its just my Wife and I. We lost my Mother-in-Law recently. A Great Lady that will be missed, and a few of the girls had a couple of teary moments. We were going to invite the youngest Sister-in-Law over today so she wouldn't be alone but she got a last minute invitation to some place else.

OnHoPr
12-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Merry Xmas all you silver streamers and may you and your families have a wonderful safe holidays.

Alstep
12-25-2018, 12:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all. We are surely blessed here, hope blessings extend to you all as well.

rhjeepdriver
12-25-2018, 12:35 PM
Merry Christmas!

shdwlkr
12-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Idaho45 guy
I am one of those spending Christmas alone, it is not so bad, just seems like any other day really. You learn that people don't make a holiday better or worse it is all in how you look at it. May your day be filled with family and friends.
I plan on having a steak, mashed potatoes, squash and fruit for my evening meal.
Merry Christmas to all and may we one day see peace and freedom in this great land and the world

Idaho45guy
12-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Idaho45 guy
I am one of those spending Christmas alone, it is not so bad, just seems like any other day really. You learn that people don't make a holiday better or worse it is all in how you look at it. May your day be filled with family and friends.
I plan on having a steak, mashed potatoes, squash and fruit for my evening meal.
Merry Christmas to all and may we one day see peace and freedom in this great land and the world

As long as you're content and happy, then that's all that matters. Merry Christmas!

Conditor22
12-25-2018, 03:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7q7moxx.png

mold maker
12-25-2018, 04:07 PM
As with every Christmas I can remember, the Baker table was well attended. This year 14 and the extra place for the honored guest. There is all ways room for more, and they're welcome. Being surrounded by family and friends to share a meal and celebrate His birth is truly a pleasure and joy. May all my brothers of the silver stream be as blessed.

shdwlkr
12-25-2018, 06:19 PM
I accept life is always changing and either you change with it or it will eat you alive. I know folks that think being alone is a bad thing. Most of my life I have had long periods of being alone so it is more or less a way of life for me. Do I miss someone special being in my life yep, but again life changes and you adjust. Thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas to all here on Castboolits

sav300
12-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year! Tis boxing day here and the start of the yacht race to Tasmania.