PDA

View Full Version : One year, many many moons ago, I got to play Santa at the church..........

WILCO
12-23-2018, 07:37 PM
I played the part so well, not even my children knew it was me.
They asked for things that weren't on the known list.
Had to smile. If you have a face to face with Santa, go big.
Sure wish I could rewind the clock......

GARD72977
12-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you got a lot of enjoyment out of it. When I was young my family would buy Christmas anomomusly for a less fortunate family. I remember how much pleasure I gave my mother.

Houndog
12-23-2018, 08:35 PM
One of the most joyous, and one of the most humbling experiences I've ever had was playing Santa at the children's home in Greeneville TN. Our motorcycle club did Christmas for those kids one year, and everybody knows Santa is an old fat man that rides a red Harley. I fit that profile to a t! While we gave them clothes, lots of toys and a good meal, the one thing MOST of them wished for we couldn't deliver, a forever home. They get bounced around from one foster home to another and when they start to settle in with a family they get moved. Talk about a gut wrenching experience! PLEASE remember these kids in your prayers and if you can help PLEASE DO!!!!! This situation plays out over and over all across our country and while it's better than where most of these kids came from it's nothing like what they should have.