PDA

View Full Version : One thing I really like

Goatwhiskers
12-19-2018, 09:23 PM
about this forum is the depth of knowledge available. My question for today involves how can you transfer your info from a 'droid to an iPhone and use it. Both phones were on AT&T, a family plan. I know I can't switch sim cards, also the local store won't do it, they say you have to go to an Apple store which is 60 miles away in Baton Rouge. Funny thing is they sold my wife the iPhone. Any practical way around this? I think I'd rather switch to the Apple. I think it can be done thru wi-fi but can't find the article I saw somewhere. GW

Dieselhorses
12-19-2018, 10:07 PM
GW there is an app for the Android called “move to iOS” and this pairs up phones to move all pics, contacts but it can’t move the apps since it’s a different os

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatwhiskers
12-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Well, I'm not technology challenged, I'm technology ignorant. Rooted on google and found usable info along those lines. I'll wait till the AM when I can tank up on caffein maybe I'll understand it. Just kinda chapped over the way the local store treated me. GW

Dieselhorses
12-20-2018, 04:12 AM
The following is from CNET (https://www.cnet.com/how-to/transfer-data-from-android-to-ios/)

•On your iPhone or iPad, begin the normal setup process until you reach the Apps & Data screen. From here select the "Move Data from Android" option. A 10-digit code will then appear on the screen. •Note that if you have already completed the setup process, you will be required to erase your device. This can be done on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings, clicking on General, followed by Reset, and choosing the "Erase all content and settings" option.

•On your Android device, enable Wi-Fi and connect to a network. Then head to the Google Play Store and download the Move to iOS app. Open the app, click Continue, agree to the terms of use, click Next and then enter the 10-digit code from the iPhone.

•You will have the option to pick and choose what you would like to transfer to your new device: Options are your Google account, Chrome bookmarks, text messages, contacts, and photos and videos. Select the items you would like to transfer and click Next.

•Your Android device will now begin transferring the content over to your iPhone or iPad. Depending on how much is being transferred, it could take a couple of minutes for the entire process to complete. It took me less than 10 minutes.

If you do not want to reset the iPhone an alternative method is to download the "AT&T Mobile transfer app" on BOTH phones. I ultimately used this app since I got tired of resetting my new iPhone!