PDA

View Full Version : I picked up an "overflow" gunsafe at an estate sale this weekend.....

Harry O
12-18-2018, 12:54 PM
I have been needing one for a while. Normally, the gunsafes at estate sales are "Stack-On" types, so I pass on them. This time there were two. One was Stack-On and one was called Homak. They were about the same size, within an inch or two in all directions. I don't ever remember seeing Homak before, but when I tried lifting it, it was at least twice as heavy as Stack-On (maybe more). The metal used was thicker. The locking bars are quite a bit thicker, too. Naturally, both were priced at more than I would normally pay, but I did put a half price bid on the Homak. I got it. It took both me and my son to get it moved.

I installed it yesterday and filled it this morning. Somehow, I took out half of what was put in my last overflow safe and put it in this one. When I got done, both safes were still full. I don't know how that happens, but I'll take it.

Smoke4320
12-18-2018, 01:31 PM
They multiply in the dark

robg
12-18-2018, 04:33 PM
I've three now .they just fill up when your not looking.just like reloading stuff .

RED BEAR
12-18-2018, 10:02 PM
i could really use a couple more. i really do think they fill up in the dark.

jdfoxinc
12-19-2018, 12:03 AM
Stack on's origional safes are now called locking cabinets. Their safes with combination locks are the same weight as the homak.