PDA

View Full Version : Moulds at Cabela's

mrcvs
12-15-2018, 11:29 PM
I had a gift card from Cabela's and visited the nearest one today and was surprised that they don't stock bullet moulds. Not sure if this is chain wide or my nearest Cabela's?

Bazoo
12-15-2018, 11:41 PM
One in louisville has lee moulds i know.. not sure about other brands.

John McCorkle
12-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Ft Worth has round ball molds...I'd look in their website and see what can be ordered and shipped to your local store for best selection...but the round ball molds were all Lee iirc

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

MT Chambers
12-16-2018, 12:04 AM
Just Lee moulds....boy Cabelas is going downhill fast.

reddog81
12-16-2018, 12:04 AM
I've never seen a mold for sale at a retail location. I asked at Sportsmans warehouse, Scheels, and Bass Pro when I started casting and no one had ever seen one for sale. Im guessing even back in the haydays of H&G molds most sales were done by mail order. Today the internet of gun shows is how anyone I knows gets molds.

Lagamor
12-16-2018, 12:15 AM
I’ve never seen molds at my local Cabelas. There isn’t much for casting there. Usually only a ladle.

modified5
12-16-2018, 01:59 AM
The Cabelas here in Reno has rb moulds and a 1oz shotgun mould.
They have Lyman melting pot kits and a few other accessories.
I had a gift certificate so I bought a Lyman kit. So far so good.

WheelgunConvert
12-16-2018, 03:35 AM
BP and Cabelas casting line seems to be Do-It fishing mouldes in South Louisiana. Not really a surprise. They also have a lee pot and ladel on the shelf to attract dust.

I found it worthwhile to get the large egg sinker and a medium range bell sinker mould as I go through a lot of them in the marsh. They, Do-It, make a bunch of other designs that may fill a need and BP/ Cabelas can special order from the vendor because they are already associated.

quilbilly
12-16-2018, 03:02 PM
The Cabelas nearest me has only Lee molds and then only those for muzzleloaders. They do stock the "universal" 6-cavity mold handles that fit my Lyman and other molds so I have bought several of those from them saving a lot of shipping costs.

Handloader109
12-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Round balls for muzzleloader and a few handles and ladles. No real molds for modern weapons

Mk42gunner
12-19-2018, 01:26 AM
About ten years ago the KC Cabela's had a few Lyman (like two or three) molds in stock, here lately it seems they only carry a few Lee molds. I picked up a Lyman 457122 HP that worked well the few times I used it, I messed up my shoulder shortly afterward and couldn't take the recoil of anything larger than a .243 for a few years.

I have never seen very many molds or other casting gear in stock anywhere. I consider gun shows and the internet the best thing that happened to boolit casting in the last forty years.

Robert

Walks
12-19-2018, 02:05 AM
I remember molds and all types of Reloading/Casting equipment at Cole's Sporting Goods in Inglewood,Ca in the 1960's.
Also PACIFIC Sporting Goods in San Pedro, Ca. Into the 1970's. Bought 2 pair of Lyman 2cav handles there.
King's Gun Shop in Glendale or Pasadena, Ca. Can't remember which.
Thompson's Sporting Goods, Long Beach, Ca. They lasted until about 1990. I remember the 8lb kegs of Dupont IMR, WINCHESTER Powders. Up on a shelf above the die boxes. They had a display of every kind of Metallic or Shot shell press made. Even Ponsness Warren.
Leach's Sporting Goods in Hawaiian Gardens, CA they lasted until the early 1980's.

Every single one long gone.
Only place in Los Angeles County that sells Reloading stuff is at the Tujunga Range at the North West corner of the San Fernando Valley.

No Casting Equipment on any shelf in any Gun Shop in LA County. Orange, San Diego Counties too.

WHITETAIL
12-19-2018, 11:43 AM
[smilie=w:What I have found was just go
and mail order your stuff.
When the Big Brown Sled comes
to the house.[smilie=w:

white eagle
12-19-2018, 12:01 PM
would not buy from Cabela's won't have selection and be over priced
if you know what you want buy one from many of the custom makers
like Accurate,Mountain.ect..you will get a better mold nothing wrong with
Lee but Cabela's wont have selection

45-70 Chevroner
12-19-2018, 05:22 PM
Back in the 70's in Phoenix most gun stores carried all the brands of molds. The Cabele' s in Glendale Az. carried Lee molds and six cav. handles Lee melting pots, Lee liquid lube and some other Lee equipment, but that was a year ago as I don't go to Cabela's very often.