PDA

View Full Version : Al Nelson @ NOE molds is a good guy

Grmps
12-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Al Nelson @ NOE molds is a good guy

I ordered a bunch of expander plugs from him yesterday and forgot to order 2 sizes:killingpc.

I called him this morning and he pulled the order and added the two expander plugs I forgot to order and had me Pay Pal him just the price of the plugs saving me extra shipping charges.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.

NOE has always friendly and happy to answer any questions I have. :awesome:

Wheelguns 1961
12-06-2018, 03:03 PM
That has been my experience also. Always happy to help.

marlin39a
12-06-2018, 03:12 PM
It's a shame all the group buys now go overseas.

dragon813gt
12-06-2018, 04:00 PM
It's a shame all the group buys now go overseas.

NOE has their own forum where group buys are run. I don’t know how active they are as I haven’t had to buy any in a year or so. But I’ve bought plenty off the group buys and inventory runs that were run there.

Murphy
12-06-2018, 04:20 PM
I would have to go out to my shop to get an exact count, but I know I have at least 6 to 8 of Al's molds. I do own one other from a custom maker and am happy with it as well.

That being said, all I can say about Al is, he is the epitome of customer service and truly a gentleman to deal with. My first custom mold from Al, I dissembled for cleaning before use and screwed up. I was dreading making the call to see if there was a fix for it. Al had me ship to him and he repaired it and shipped it back, free of charge. You can't beat that!

I have yet to own one of Al's molds that I have had any issues with. If I am in the market for a new mold, I head straight NOE's site and start looking.

Murphy

rking22
12-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Same here, great folks to deal with! I don't need much on group buys because they have so much regular production varity now.

Time Killer
12-06-2018, 11:55 PM
If you sing up for the Forum and get on the email list. He has sales several times a year. Right now I think he is running a 20 percent off sale still today and tomorrow. The sale code is c51c9f55. He runs different sales several times a year so it is good to be on the email list. No spam mail from them either just info on sales.

osteodoc08
12-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Spoke with him yesterday about a mold recommendation. He’s first class all the way.

shdwlkr
12-09-2018, 02:20 PM
I remember AL when he first started I was the honcho on that ride and we dealt with a few bumps but in the end we gained a great mold maker and a real person to deal with. I buy molds once in a while and if it is something AL makes he gets my money. I am not one that likes a lot the group sales going overseas. Nothing against other mold makers, just prefer someone that is here in the USA.

BudRow
12-09-2018, 10:25 PM
I had an issue with a fouled up order - he called me at home in the early evening and made things right. The Boss is hands-on first class. At one time he machined new bolt heads for German 88 commission rifles!

tomme boy
12-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Out of the blue about a month ago I got a call from a number I did not recognize and a message. It was Al and he wanted me to call him. I have not ordered a mold or talked to him in over 6 years.

So I called him and he tells me he is going to be updating his catalog and he wanted my permission to put my name on the 31-hunter mold I designed. He said it has been one of his better molds he sells and wanted to put my user name to give credit. I told him if he wanted to go ahead. We talked for a little while about a few other designs he sells and what seems to work the best.

He is sure a class act! When I get back at casting more He is going to get more $ from me for sure.

gwpercle
12-10-2018, 05:52 PM
I lost/misplaced the little allen wrench that came with my mould and emailed him asking what size to buy....I kept misplacing them and was going to the hardware store and buy several ...
Couple days later an envelope shows up with a dozen in it ! He didn't have to do that !
He took care of me so he will have my business ... I'm a loyal customer .
Gary

clintsfolly
12-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Need a new mold and the first and most of the time the last place I look is NOE! Long live Al!

Larry Gibson
12-11-2018, 11:02 AM
I find it not always a pleasure to do business with Al but also simply to talk with him. A gentleman and good guy of the first order.

trapper9260
12-11-2018, 11:11 AM
I do not really like group buys because you do not know it the mold will be produce.I have been in some of them in the past. Now I will check if Al have what I looking for first and then get it from him.Then I know I will get what I want.He always treat me good when I call him to make a order.

marlin39a
12-11-2018, 02:55 PM
I noticed group buys for NOE headed south in favor of Mihec/MP a while back. I don't understand it. Mihec/MP molds are made in Croatia. I just can't send my money there, no matter what. I guess the honchos are well taken care of. America First!

farmbif
12-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Miha is in Slovenia east of northern Italy
Noe makes good molds but miha’s Are like a fine piece of art and the hollow point system is like no other
I have gotten molds from MP faster than a package from across our country before
Besides trumps wife is from Slovenia isn’t she

marlin39a
12-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Noe makes good molds but miha’s Are like a fine piece of art and the hollow point system is like no other
I have gotten molds from MP faster than a package from across our country before

My apologies Sir, I was thinking of those ugly XD pistols made in Croatia. I don’t send my money there either. The First Lady, Melanie Trump is an American Citizen. I believe in America First. I just added you to my ignore list.

dragon813gt
12-11-2018, 06:00 PM
I noticed group buys for NOE headed south in favor of Mihec/MP a while back. I don't understand it. Mihec/MP molds are made in Croatia. I just can't send my money there, no matter what. I guess the honchos are well taken care of. America First!

They didn’t head south. They moved to NOE’s own forum. The buys are still active but they aren’t on this forum. If you want to participate in a group buy for a NOE mold join their forum.

As far as the molds go Miha offers a mold style that NOE doesn’t. I have both. Well I should say I have a lot of non hollow point NOE molds. I do not care for the RG style that NOE sells. There’s a big difference in how the two function and I prefer the Cramer style that Miha makes.

America first is one thing. Depriving yourself of a style that no US maker produces is another. To each their own. I buy from both and country of origin was never a consideration.

5Shot
12-11-2018, 06:03 PM
My apologies Sir, I was thinking of those ugly XD pistols made in Croatia. I don’t send my money there either. The First Lady, Melanie Trump is an American Citizen. I believe in America First. I just added you to my ignore list. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

2wheelDuke
12-11-2018, 06:21 PM

You're correct. I have molds from both NOE and Mihec. I see my mold collection as a collection. I don't mind having the occasional foreign exotic in a collection.

gpidaho
12-11-2018, 06:48 PM
I've bought twenty moulds from Al and I've only sold one of them and only because the nose of the bullet was too large for my Handi 30-30. The only problem we have had is once a mould was listed as in stock when they had all been sold. Al went to the trouble of finding my cell phone number and called to let me know that the design had been all sold, even offered to set up and run me one if there was a pressing need. Noe tooling is high on my list of favorites also . Moulds or tools, the dimensions advertised is what you receive every time. Thanks for your excellent service Al. Gp

Elkins45
12-14-2018, 01:02 AM
My apologies Sir, I was thinking of those ugly XD pistols made in Croatia. I don’t send my money there either. The First Lady, Melanie Trump is an American Citizen. I believe in America First. I just added you to my ignore list.

So I guess you typed that on an American made computer? Wait, they don't make computers in America? Well, they don't make Cramer style HP molds here either.

Just for the record, I'm a member of the NOE Thousand Dollar Club. I doubt I'm ever going to buy another MP hollow point mold but not because he's in Slovenia. My arthritis just can't handle a four cavity brass mold very well anymore. The NOE four cavity molds are aluminum and are a whole lot easier to cast with for extended periods.

Bzcraig
12-14-2018, 01:42 AM
I stopped in Provo and just dropped in on Al early one morning. Nobody else was at work, so Al took the time to give me a personal tour and a bit of the NOE story. First class guy, with a clean well organized shop

jrayborn
12-17-2018, 12:37 PM
I made the $1000 dollar club too, and every time there is a sale I get the shakes trying to figure what else I "need". Al is a class act, and I am a life long customer.

Petander
12-19-2018, 07:00 AM
His international business is first class as well.