PDA

View Full Version : An easy way to resize pictures for posting on Cast Boolits

Ohio Rusty
12-03-2018, 09:27 PM
This way you don't need to download any third party software apps or programs. This is all in your computer right now. I'm on a windows 10 PC.
Put your pic on your desktop screen.
Right click on your picture, click on 'send to' then Select 'mail recipient' in the pop up box.
A picture size box pops up. Select the 'Smaller 640 x 480'. Click 'Attach'.
A message screen pops up like you are going to send the pic to someone, but you aren't going to send an email.
Highlight (click on) your resized picture, right click and select copy.
I have a folder I put my resized pics in. I left click in the folder and select 'paste' to drop the resized pic in the folder.
Now the pic is ready to be used in your Cast Boolits posting.

This whole process takes about 30 seconds. Easy-Peasy !!

coloraydo
12-04-2018, 12:31 AM

coloraydo
12-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Ta da, it works. Thanks.

Kenstone
12-04-2018, 01:31 AM
Reduce a Pic's size for posting, another way...

Put the curser over the pic to be reduced in File Explorer and RIGHT click on it.
In the menu that drops down, click on edit.
This will open the pic in "Paint" full size.
In the menu across the top you'll see "resize" with a small and big square icon.
Clicking on it drops down a menu with a horizontal box, click in the box and backspace to clear out the 100(%), and enter in the percentage of the original pic size you want.
The default in this menu should be: "percentage" and not pixels, so click the percentage button if it's showing pixels in the boxes( a big number like 4600, not 100(%)).

I usually enter 20(%) but you could leave it at 10(%) when backspacing/clearing the horizontal box.
The vertical box entry defaults to what you put in the horizontal box.
To complete the file reduction/resizing just hit the enter key or click the OK box in the resize menu.

The file has been resized and I usually use the "save as" in the file menu to save it to the file folder in File Explorer where the original/full size image is.
Most times I just add a capital "S" (for small) at the end of the file name and save it.
This keeps the original pic intact/full size.
works for me,
try it,
:mrgreen:

Traffer
12-04-2018, 02:22 AM
I started using "caesium" FREE image compressor about 3 months ago. It works very very nicely. Took about 5 minutes to set up. Now everything is automatic. I just click on the program, a window comes up, just drag whatever pictures you want to compress into the box. click go and they all get compressed and put into a dedicated folder.
It has a lot of other functions but I only use it like that.
https://saerasoft.com/caesium/

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-04-2018, 11:02 AM
I use Irfanview for resizing photos and other photo editing, it's free and easy to use.
https://www.irfanview.com/

Randy C
01-14-2019, 10:31 AM