PDA

View Full Version : The Nyack Kid Photos

The Nyack Kid
12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
well ive been fighting my computer for the last three hours but i think i can post some photos. either this will work or i'm going to crash the forum serverand/or melt my computer

The Nyack Kid
12-02-2005, 08:48 PM
ok [smilie=w: i got them up but they are a little on the small side what am i doing wrong [smilie=b: ?

The Nyack Kid
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I will try to explain the photos
Photo one :
that sorry ,dumb-looking, computer hapless stinky guy wearing the cool suspenders would be me. that little buck is the one i shot with my 45-70 as seen in the "i got a big one today thread"

Photo two :
would be my shoulderbusting 1886 extra-light sitting in the little deer rack . the block of wood is a chunk of cottenwood .the load that went though the deer also went lenthwise though the block of wood and keeped going . the lead is my meger supply of melted down wheel-wheights . I had about twice that but that 45-70 is a very lead hungry gun .

photo three:
was the last nine shoots of my 2005 hunting ammo . why nine ? couse the tenth went into the deer .
the boolit shown is my Mountain Mold 490gr WLFN as currantly seen on Dans home page .yes there are two fliers up high on the group . i will take full responsality for them . that load moves along @ 1750 fps . and between my finch and not holding the gun down right ,i still think that is a good 90 yard group.

SharpsShooter
12-02-2005, 09:12 PM
It appears that you have reduced the photo size a bit too much. I'd redo thern increasing the size to 200x200 pixels and try it again.

9.3X62AL
12-02-2005, 09:16 PM
When it comes to posting photos, my computer knowledge gets exceeded after about the fourth or fifth keystroke/mouse click. I am firmly grounded in the late 19th Century, technologically speaking--to put it succinctly, electric typewriters are a quantum leap for me.

Those "flyers" are well-within "minute of mule deer K-zone" at any range the 45-70 is used at. Having endured the stock slobber (as per Buckshot) and snot bubbles produced by a #1 in this flavor, that's fine shooting.

SharpsShooter
12-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Like this I think is what you want.

The Nyack Kid
12-02-2005, 09:30 PM
how about this ?

SharpsShooter
12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
There ya go. Ya got it going your direction now.

The Nyack Kid
12-02-2005, 09:51 PM
thanks for the tip sharpsshooter
to bad i dont remember exatly what i did right .
I had to edit then export to a differant folder after tinkering with the pixels some ..... i hope i never have to go thought that again .

RugerFan
12-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Nice Buck Kid! Somehow venison just taste better when harvested with a cast bullet.

357tex
12-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Kid what's that white stuff tou standing on?Glad we don't much of that here in east Texas.But we also don't get deer that big here.I don't think there is one on my place that will go over 90lbs.hide hair guts feathers and all.Good looking deer!

waksupi
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Geez, Kid, that can't be you! Everyone knows a logger is supposed to have knuckles dragging on the ground! Nice buck!

Tex, that reminds me of a friend from here in Montana, who accepted an invite from a friend in Texas to hunt whitetails there. The fist deer had to be a doe, on the property. He was told to shoot the first big doe that went by. He sat all morning, and thought he was seeing fawns. Caught hell at lunch break. He was told those WERE the big ones!

versifier
12-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Nice buck, Kid. Ought to taste better than those tags.
Tex, it looks to me like that white stuff is just some good old fashioned all purpose deer tracking medium. Damn stuff just falls from the sky. Gets to be a real pain when it gets deep, but then snowshoes were made to to help you fall over backwards when you touch off the rifle from the wrong position. If it gets deep enough and you are really talented, you can find yourself hanging upside down in a big drift. :wink: A little dusting like that just makes things easier, and I'm hoping that the little bit we had fall today lasts long enough to give me a chance to give my daughter a lesson in tracking in the morning. Maybe we'll come up with a good track stew recipe. Keep your fingers crossed. If the cast boolit gods are looking with favor upon us, maybe we'll have something to drag home.... [smilie=f:

NVcurmudgeon
12-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Nyack Kid, Fine looking buck! With apologies to Col. Whelen, the .45/70 is never a mistake.

NVcurmudgeon
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Versifier, I failed Latin I, and got shunted onto the Spanish track. Does your signature line mean, "BS lasts forever?" Good looking avatar, looks a lot like Bo, our wonder cockapooo.

The Nyack Kid
12-03-2005, 02:06 AM
game animals do taste better with liberal amounts of lead seasoning .
hey tex we got lots of "that white stuff" litarly laying about . it works great for tracking and dragging animals . tell you what i wont be able to get 70lbs in the box but if you send me the money for shipping , i will stuff as much of the dad-blasted@#^#% into the ups flat rate box that i can . you want the fresh fallin stuff or the off-color stuff. it's a great deal just think of all the things you can do with it .

357tex
12-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Waksupi
The first big deer I ever saw was while in basic training at ft.Leonard Wood mo.It was a BIG doe that jumped and run up a hill, my first thought was what is that mule doing on the rifle range.Then it dawned on me that it was a deer. :redneck:

Kid I was born but not yestreday I get that white stuff in my freazer and have to get shed of it.

Versifer It will be 80 here today I think it's got down to 30 one night. Lots of trees are just now shedding leaves.We are just not set up to handle that snow.

Doughty
12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Nice Buck