PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Vet hunting in Arkansas

lar45
11-27-2018, 11:50 AM
One of the organizations that I'm with, Arkansas Freedom Fund, helped this disabled vet get a deer this morning. They have 2 of these tracked power chairs to get them in to where ever they want to go. This summer we built a ground blind that one of the walls folds down into a ramp so they can drive the chair right into.

popper
11-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Fantastic.

dondiego
11-27-2018, 12:37 PM
With the tracks he can drag his deer out by himself too. Great idea.

lightman
11-27-2018, 03:26 PM
Thats Great! Congratulations to your organization and to that old Vet!

sawinredneck
11-27-2018, 04:43 PM
Good on you and your foundation!

Walks
11-27-2018, 05:00 PM
Fantastic Work !

What a feeling, to be able to Hunt Again.
The cool crisp air in your lungs.
The blood starting to race through your body as the Buck steps into range.
The cool stock against your cheek, the Perfect sight picture through the scope.
The rough feel of the trigger as you squeeze, ever so gently. The recoil as it pounds your shoulder.
Your head comes up off the stock, you see the Buck stagger......down he goes, as his legs fold under him.
A CLEAN KILL.
What a Precious Gift to a Man who despaired of ever experiencing it again.

You are a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Texas by God
11-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Fantastic post, Walks. You said it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MT Gianni
11-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Good for both of you.

CASTER OF LEAD
11-28-2018, 10:02 PM
One of the organizations that I'm with, Arkansas Freedom Fund, helped this disabled vet get a deer this morning. They have 2 of these tracked power chairs to get them in to where ever they want to go. This summer we built a ground blind that one of the walls folds down into a ramp so they can drive the chair right into.

Absolutely Awesome!! Thanks to you and the organization for the great deeds you are doing for the veterans. From a vet to you THANKS . What part of Arkansas you live in? - Caster

CASTER OF LEAD
11-28-2018, 10:05 PM
Fantastic Work !

What a feeling, to be able to Hunt Again.
The cool crisp air in your lungs.
The blood starting to race through your body as the Buck steps into range.
The cool stock against your cheek, the Perfect sight picture through the scope.
The rough feel of the trigger as you squeeze, ever so gently. The recoil as it pounds your shoulder.
Your head comes up off the stock, you see the Buck stagger......down he goes, as his legs fold under him.
A CLEAN KILL.
What a Precious Gift to a Man who despaired of ever experiencing it again.

You are a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Congratulations on a fine kill and Thanks for your service!!! God Bless. - Caster

Kylongrifle32
11-29-2018, 04:41 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to you and your organization. Those men and women deserve all we can do for them.

lar45
12-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Absolutely Awesome!! Thanks to you and the organization for the great deeds you are doing for the veterans. From a vet to you THANKS . What part of Arkansas you live in? - Caster
I'm in Ward, about 10 miles east of Cabot.