PDA

View Full Version : Dang scammers!

Goatwhiskers
11-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Think I'm OK on this one but will check tomorrow. Checked my hotmail account, which I almost never use. Found a msg supposedly from "iTunes" charging me for some music I never heard of. Said they charged it to my Visa. Thing is I have NEVER bought anything from them, the only iPhone in the house belonged to my deceased wife and is not in use tho I charged it a couple days ago thinking about switching to it. The msg was from back in the middle of the month. I'll check with my Visa people tomorrow just to be sure nothing is happening. Modern technology Sucks! GW

lefty o
11-26-2018, 09:28 PM
its spam/scammer ****, just delete it.

dragon813gt
11-26-2018, 09:31 PM
All you have to do is check your account to see if it’s been charged. This is where online banking is great. Login into you account and you can see what transactions have cleared and which are pending. It’s literally up to the minute.

Moonie
11-26-2018, 09:37 PM
NEVER follow links from questionable e-mails.

wv109323
11-26-2018, 09:48 PM
Check your CC account. If you have been charged then notify your card and cancelled it. About three years ago they got my number and charged something small. But they will max out your card if you don't cancel.

RogerDat
11-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Small charge can be a way to test that their information works. iTunes and other store gift cards are a common money laundering method for stolen credit card information. Buy a bunch of iTunes, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart gift cards that can be sold for cash. Buying high end phones is another way to convert fraudulent card use to cash.

Best is check using the 800 number on your credit card. The email might have been the scam too. You click on link in email to contact them to have the charge dropped and give them your name, credit card number etc. to have the charge removed.

These scammers are one area where we know we won't catch many of them so I vote we make the ones we catch really pay. Long enough in prison that the risk doesn't seem worth the reward. Scam big bucks and maybe if you never get back out to spend it.... might send a discouraging message to the others tempted to engage in similar activity. May only catch 3% but man if you in that 3% we gonna drop the hammer on your sorry self.

dragon813gt
11-26-2018, 11:06 PM
Edited because I need to double check some information. Don’t want to post misinformation.

drizler
11-26-2018, 11:13 PM
NEVER follow links from questionable e-mails.

NEVER NEVER EVER use their supplies link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abunaitoo
11-27-2018, 02:42 AM
It's a scam.
Do not open it.
If you did, you let them in.
They now know it's a live address.
They will keep on sending spam, and they will sell the address to others.

gwpercle
11-27-2018, 05:12 PM
Nothing has changed since King Tut's time. The scammers/robbers are still with us just using different tools !

woodbutcher
11-27-2018, 05:50 PM
:lol: What really cracks me up about the telemarketing calls?The ones that say they have been monitoring my CC accts for the last 6 months.That is MOST interesting,as I have not had a CC or checking acct is a bit over 50 years.Debit card either.
With e-mails,I just hit the spam key.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

xs11jack
11-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Yea, I got the old your computer needs upgrading so send us $50 on your credit card scam last week, and as we never answer unknown numbers it went to the answering machine and we wiped it.
Ole Jack

Wag
11-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Yeah, whatever you do, DON'T click any of the links in the e-mail. Very bad ju-ju there.

--Wag--

Buzzard II
11-27-2018, 10:33 PM
If you don't recognize someone or something, just delete it. Never open it! Others have said that here too!

RED BEAR
11-27-2018, 10:47 PM
well had to cancel another credit card this week second one in 6 months. card number was being used in California. card company caught it right away and remimbersed the charges. if they try to get mine then they will go after anybody couse i ain't got no money.

15meter
11-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Posted a vintage tractor step for a 50-60's vintage Oliver hexagon axle tractor this morning. Within 5 minutes I received 3 texts, from 3 different phone #'s telling me to contact his mother (@3 different email addresses). His mother wanted "much very" to purchase.

Lower than the slime on a lizard belly.

tommag
11-28-2018, 01:53 AM
As has been said by others, check your account. Dont open the email. If theres no charges on your account, delete the email.