PDA

View Full Version : Had a wonderful weekend! Don't seem to get to say that often.

mattw
11-26-2018, 11:02 AM
I was off for Thanksgiving and the following day, so got 4 days off! My youngest daughter brought a friend along, they are 11 and 12. Her friend had never been away from home for the night? She is a farm'ish girl with a couple of chickens, cats and dogs. My kid and her spent way to much time in the woods and on my Kubota, now it is muddy... they had fun. She had only shot a BB gun in the past, I have never shot one with my kids they started with a 22 at around 5.5 years old. Her mom heard from my kid that they get to shoot with me watching them and she told us that her daughter could if she wanted to.

Sam and her had a blast with the 22LR Cricket, they each had a bullseye target at 25 yards and were keeping score. The young lady was all grins! It was a good day! Then she watched me casting, PC'ing and loading and was fascinated.

They saw deer, turkeys, coons, possom and 1 eagle. It was a good weekend!

Had to share, not much content here but it was fun!

jdfoxinc
11-26-2018, 11:23 AM
I fondly remember those days. My daughter was my shooting buddy till puberty hit. It took my son a couple of years to mature enough, (4 years younger) to go out with me on a regular basis. Good times. May you have many more.

MrWolf
11-26-2018, 01:26 PM
Your a lucky man. My lil girl wants nothing to do with guns and lives in Philly with her boyfriend. She is now 26. Enjoy while you can.

BK7saum
11-26-2018, 01:44 PM
That's awesome. My oldest daughter, 11, hunted for the first time this year. She doesn't spend any time shooting, but decided she wanted to deer hunt. Got a doe with a muzzleloader and then a nice 8pt with the rifle. My youngest daughter, 10, has been my hunting partner for 3 years now. She has taken several deer herself. I am thankful they want to spend time outdoors and with me. Hope it lasts...

abunaitoo
11-26-2018, 06:26 PM
There's still hope for the younger generation.
You are a good man.
I'm so glad her Mother allowed her to shoot, let alone be around firearms.
I'm sure they'll be the envy of their classmates when they go back to school.

samari46
11-27-2018, 12:39 AM
When I was considerably younger my folks would take us by train, steam engine no less so you can guess this was decades ago to my mom's family in Pa. My visits are fondly remembered being on my uncle's dairy farm. Cows, horses and one ornery bull and about 90 cats. Sadly my aunt and uncle sold the farm when they could no longer run it and moved into town. My tow daughters are grown up and the one thing I regret is seeing the old farm. We had a trailer which was more or less a vacation retreat in Pa. So they did get to see my mom's home town. And a few fairs as well as meeting some of their cousins. Great what you are doing keep it up. I was born and raised in NYC and lived and worked there for 50 years. Moved to a semi rural area in Louisiana and love it. 4.5 acres plus the house and wouldn't move back to NYC regardless. Frank

JBinMN
11-27-2018, 12:42 AM
That was great to read about!
:)

Thanks for sharing!
:)